X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell and Foster might not be staying in D-town

POSTED 2:33 p.m. EST, March 1, 2007

DRE' DEALT TO DENVER

Michael Smith of ESPN.com reports that the Lions have traded cornerback Dre' Bly to the Broncos for tackle George Foster, running back Tatum Bell, and a draft pick.

Smith says that the draft pick is believed to be a fifth-round pick. We've confirmed that it's indeed a fifth-round pick.

Also, don't assume that Foster and Bell will be wearing Honolulu Blue come the fall. There's talk that either or both of them could be traded by the Lions, as Detroit tries to amass more picks in the April draft.

Bly is signed through 2007. He'll likely be the replacement in the starting lineup for Darrent Williams, who was shot and killed on January 1.

Well I wish both of them the best of luck but as of right now they still might not be lions which would not surprise me McMillan calling the shots what a dumby
    Season ticket holder since 2012

Why would you acquire players you have no intention of keeping? Smells like typical Millen fodder to me.

Comment

Hmmm?

Detroit going to draft Joe Thomas?

I don't think so now

WOO!!! Now it's time for Savage to capitalize and nab Thomas!!
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
        Hmmm?

Detroit going to draft Joe Thomas?

I don't think so now

WOO!!! Now it's time for Savage to capitalize and nab Thomas!!

woohoo the next Robert Gallery!!

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
          woohoo the next Robert Gallery!!
          No, I beg to differ.

The Browns need offensive lineman. Not a hotshot RB or a hotshot QB. An offensive lineman. Preferably a starting LT.

Comment

im going to be pissed if they got our 5th and we didnt get any of the lions picks in return and then they go on and trade our player for more picks that we should of gotten.... god i hope shanny didnt get the covers pulled over his eyes on this one
            sigpic

Comment

No, I beg to differ.

The Browns need offensive lineman. Not a hotshot RB or a hotshot QB. An offensive lineman. Preferably a starting LT.
              Haha, I just realized, this is pretty much the best thing to happen to you this offseason!

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

No, I beg to differ.

HotShot Rb's, Hotshot QB's??? Who needs those!?!? LT, Shaun Alexander, Manning, Elways... I guess those positions are overrated!

Heck, it doesnt matter if you assemble the best 0-line in NFL history, if you dont have surrounding talent in the skill positions then it means nothing. Cant you realize that it would be better to take a franchise QB or RB and then build a 0-line in the later first day picks? You can still get GREAT value linemen in the 3rd and 4th. you cant get the same quality in the QB and RB positions. If the Browns think Frye and Droughns are going to lead the team to championships then i imagine they will not emerge from the bottom of the NFL any time soon.

Could it possibly be that the Analysts and Scouts are right when 9/10 of them have the Browns taking a QB or RB? If i were them, i would trade out and get two 1st round picks and attempt to build the team in the draft, using the late first day picks on the o-line. The first 2 or 3 on maybe a QB but definately a RB and a DT.

I guess i am just sick and tired of seeing Brown fans remark how much they hate every mock that is posted on these boards. This just in: Joe Thomas will not make the Browns an o-line to be rekoned with. Look at how well Gallery has revamped that Raider o-line. Big, Fast, Strong, a "incredible o-lineman to be a pro bowl for years to come" was his bidding if i remember. It sure sounds familier. Last time i checked there are 5 o-linemen, and i dont really think you guys will spend 3-4 picks in the first day on o-line. So maybe you should focus on building up the core positions and then build the line along with them. I'm not picking on the Browns fans or saying i am all right, but suggesting that maybe there is more than Joe Thomas or even Alan Branch in the 2007 draft that could help the Browns better.
                sigpic

Comment

The Browns DO need major offensive line help.

This past season the Browns QB's were sacked 52 times.
                  Before that, they were sacked 45 times.

Then, when Couch was the QB, well I'm not even going to touch the offensive play then.

The Browns OL has been a major problem since returning. You do NOT build the offensive line around the other players. You build the OL first, then you mess with the other positions.

Comment

I think that Bell and Foster might find a home in Detroit despite the story. I can't see the Lions grabbing Taum and Foster to trade them again for more picks, but then again, it is the lions .

PErsonally I don't think Thomas is another Gallery, and with Cleveland at the top of the baords, I give them a 95% chance (nothing is ever 100%) of finding an impact player wherever they draft. At that high up in the boards, you have to make some whopping mistakes like the Lions to miss all the talent available to you. I personally think if the Browns can upgrade their offense, and build off of what they accomlished defense wise this year, they could really surprise some people.

But anyways.... talking about hte Browns is really far :offtopic:
                    sigpic
                    The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                    Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Working...
                    X