Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerney to visit Denver first

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785239

Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney will begin his free agency tour in Denver. If no deal is worked out there, Kerney is off to Seattle for a visit.

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

And Graham too! If we sign one it would be great! However, if they can make the cap do what they want it do, and we get both, our outlook for 2007 looks much better. Wait and see I guess...

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Whats Gary Barnett doing these days? Is it possible for him to show these guys around? You get more flies with honey, no?

Comment

Originally posted by lex
        Whats Gary Barnett doing these days? Is it possible for him to show these guys around? You get more flies with honey, no?
        lol, that's ripe ol' chap!

hmm... never knew that zings like that brought out the british in me.

note: there's no british in me :doh:

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

i like kerney a lot, but i'm gonna be ill if we give him the 7-8 million per year that he's reportedly looking for. . . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

this would be huge for us.

Comment

If shanny gets patrick and daniel both signed this week, I pledge to not say one bad thing about shanny all next season!! Trust me that will be the hardest thing I have ever had to do!!

Mike Doss is also on the market, even though he was not on most lists, and I think he really brings something the broncos have lacked for a long time.

our draft board would really open up if we took care of DE, TE and Saftey all in free agency!!

Comment

If Kerney is under 6 million, then I'm happy with it.

If Graham is under 3 million, then I'm happy with it.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                  i like kerney a lot, but i'm gonna be ill if we give him the 7-8 million per year that he's reportedly looking for. . . .
                  Huh? Are you serious? What's he been smoking?
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey
                    Just Say No. To Kerney!

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey

oh please-- that's the tiredest crack around. . . how's that for a play on words?

kerney's only had double-digit sacks twice in his career. . . last year, he played half the season and had all of 4.5 sacks-- the year before, he played the entire season and had a whopping 6.5 sacks. . . yes, 6.5-- less than either lang or ekuban had this year! so tell me again why he's worth 7-8 million when i think we're paying each of them around 2?? i like kerney, and i actually do think he represents at least a modest upgrade from those guys-- he's more disruptive and plays with a higher motor-- but you've gotta take a hard look at his production (and age) and ask yourself how much he's really worth. . . don't get fooled just because he's a "name" player. . . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

oh please-- that's the tiredest crack around. . . how's that for a play on words?

kerney's only had double-digit sacks twice in his career. . . last year, he played half the season and had all of 4.5 sacks-- the year before, he played the entire season and had a whopping 6.5 sacks. . . yes, 6.5-- less than either lang or ekuban had this year! so tell me again why he's worth 7-8 million when i think we're paying each of them around 2?? i like kerney, and i actually do think he represents at least a modest upgrade from those guys-- he's more disruptive and plays with a higher motor-- but you've gotta take a hard look at his production (and age) and ask yourself how much he's really worth. . . don't get fooled just because he's a "name" player. . . .
                        You are exactly right. Not to mention.. look back over time, and just SEE how many FA's like this actually end up making an impact for their new team. The numbers are embarrassing low. Fans go crazy wanting their favorite team to sign the big name FAs every year.. they get upset when they watch all the people to to other teams..... but rarely do those high priced FAs do anything. Just names. Kearney, as you said, IS more disruptive and is a bigger force than what we have... BUT.. I think his price is going to be HIGH because of his past draft position, and the lack of players at his position in the FA market.

Comment

PLEASE SHANNY GET PAT IN HERE,we sould have a sick pass rush if you do.

That guy reminds me of Bill Romo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
                            PLEASE SHANNY GET PAT IN HERE,we sould have a sick pass rush if you do.

That guy reminds me of Bill Romo
                            You're not making any sense.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

You guys are ALL WET!

Denver needs Kerney and NOT because of his pass-rush! He is an experienced LDE who has decent pass-rush skills, but is strong against the run.

Since Courtney Brown is the Broncos starting LDE and the Broncos would be forced to start Kenard Lang again unless they get a veteran via FA, and HE weighs 258 lbs., it's a fair conclusion that either Kerney will sign with Denver or the Broncos run defense will SUCK again for at least much of the season. Just like it did last year after Brown was injured.

Do you get that? Courtney Brown has played in less than 1/2 of his games due to an endless series of injuries to both knees (as well as many other assorted body parts). You certainly can't rely on him to play at all, and he may be forced to retire if his knee flares up again -- which it will, it's only a matter of whether he can play another year on it or not.

Kenard Lang is a pass-rushing RDE, just like Ekuban, just like Dumervil. The Broncos don't HAVE ONE SINGLE REAL LDE on their team. Not one good enough to start (and I'm not counting John Engleberger who is worth less than a small bag of fish & chips)!
                              WELL, HERE'S GOOD NEWS for all you "Kerney's Not Worth It" crew!"

HE'S GONE! He apparently took the plane to Seattle last night. HE's NOT SIGNING WITH DENVER! Happy now?

(You people shouldn't bother with posts like "he hasn't signed with anyone yet." Denver was trying desperately to sign him BEFORE he left because they knew other teams would offer him more money than they could, because once again Denver is right up against the salary cap.

Only Seattle sent Jim Mora, his former head coach to meet him at DIA and make damn sure he got on the plane to Seattle last night!

NO DEAL WAS WORKED OUT AND THE BRONCOS WILL LOSE OUT!
                              -- unless you think that Seattle will offer him LESS money than the Broncos?)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X