Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistic shot at getting both Graham and Kerney???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic shot at getting both Graham and Kerney???

Firstly, I think it is AWESOME that both Graham and Kerney have scheduled visits with Denver 1st, that to me shows that two of the premier free agents on the market both view Denver as a top notch organization and maybe more importantly, they both quite possibly believe that we are just a player or two away from bringing the Lombardi Trophy back home to Denver

So, do ya'll believe that there is a realistic chance that the Broncos could come away with both Patrick Kerney and Daniel Graham sometime in the next 24-48 hours (or so)....

Is there enough cap room available to sign them both or do you think that they possibly would be willing to sign some cap friendly deals knowing that the big picture - Super Bowl - is more important than lining their already fat pockets....

If we can somehow come away with Graham and Kerney to go along with Dre Bly, all in the 1st couple days of the "new year"

And if we can only get one of the two, who would you rather see in Blue and Orange this season?

And then add our draft picks to the equation

The scenario makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

Another question....if we can only get one of the two, who would you rather see in Blue and Orange this season?

I think that Kerney would make a bigger impact, being that our D-Line could desperately use a pass rushing, all out all the time play maker that Kerney could be for Denver....

Thoughts....
    Last edited by TR3Y; 03-02-2007, 06:52 AM.
    I owe CP's to: no one

i sont think that graham will come here for a superbowl ring if he gives us a deal it will be to come home
    i would like both of them at dicounted rates but once they start seeing money in there faces that could change it all

Comment

If Mike wants them you know he won't let them leave town

Well if history means anything when it comes to Mike Shanahan and FA agents he really wants then he will not let Graham or Kearney leave town. It happened with Michael Dean Perry when Shanny signed his best friend and did not let Perry leave town before he signed. He did it with Dale Carter and Daryl Gardener, who at the time seemed like great pickups. So if Shanny has labeled these 2 guys as the 2 players the Broncos are going to get in FA then I feel both will be Broncos by the end of this weekend.

As far as the salary cap issue its not really that big a deal anymore when it comes to being able to sign both guys. I mean they just reworked Warren's deal reducing his cap number by about $2.6 million, and Rod Smith is right behind him in lowering his cap number. Plus they are going to resign Bly to a long-term deal that will lower his cap number for this season and stretch out his signing bonus. And with all the creative teams can do when structuring contracts if the Broncos want Graham and Kearney bad enough then they will have the cap space to get a deal done with both.

Man what an exciting start to the off-season, first getting a legit pro-bowl CB to play opposite Champ for spare parts who were not going to be apart of this team next year and a 5th round pick, and now possibly landing Daniel Graham and Patrick Kearney, it is great to be a Bronco fan.

Now if we can just get a 2nd or a 3rd rounder for Plummer maybe we can move up in the 1st round or add another 1st round pick to go with no. 21 and get some more talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

We won't have any problem offering them decent contracts, despite what some seem to think regarding our salary cap situation, and considering the fact that both guys want to be here, it's highly possible.

If we only get one though, I'll take Graham. He would have a big impact on our running game, and would take pressure off Scheffler to develop his blocking skills immediately. Kerney would be great as well, but I wouldn't expect him to really help our pass rush all that much (he's more of an all-around guy than a pass-rusher).
        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

If we sign these guys Alexander and Brown become cap casualties before June. Brown is definetly not a huge loss. However I really would hate to see Alexander go.

If Kearny signs, and Tater going to Detroit, I think it's safe to say that we'll be going Offense in the 1st round.
          Last edited by Wigglesworth; 03-02-2007, 07:45 AM.
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
          - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
          - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
          - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

i feel as though they both will be

Shanny has something up his sleeve

Comment

Even if we could, I'd still probably pass on Kerney, because then - what's Denver going to do in the draft? Ignore it.

Daniel Graham, Dre Bly and a running back will likely be the off-season due to cap reasons, unless the Broncos can mysteriously free up space.

But seriously, Graham - Bly and say McGahee via trade or Lewis, etc. That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                Even if we could, I'd still probably pass on Kerney, because then - what's Denver going to do in the draft? Ignore it.

Daniel Graham, Dre Bly and a running back will likely be the off-season due to cap reasons, unless the Broncos can mysteriously free up space.

But seriously, Graham - Bly and say McGahee via trade or Lewis, etc. That's awesome.
                MAN.. can you imagine grabbing Bly, McGahee, and Graham this offseason? Going into the draft would be sooo awesome with that offseason work.

Comment

Working...
                X