With Plummer retiring, more cap room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Plummer retiring, more cap room?

Wasn't sure if Jake's retirement would alleviate any cap space for us, more so than if we released or traded him.

Let me know, because if so, it's a blessing in disguise.
    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

I'm pretty sure Lancane or Dream could tell you right away.

I'm going out on a limb and say, No. We dont get more cap room due to it being counted the same as being released/traded

Comment

Not Really. piece of dung ********s

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
        I'm pretty sure Lancane or Dream could tell you right away.

I'm going out on a limb and say, No. We dont get more cap room due to it being counted the same as being released/traded
        I really want clarification on this. I do not think it is the same. In my understanding, the bonus money is owed to him no matter what but the salary is not because its not guaranteed. If released or traded, the bonus money is paid all at once. I do not know if its the same with retirement, or if the bonus money is still paid spread out over the life of the contract (which makes more sense to me)

Comment

It is as though we release him. It accelerates in the same way.

He also can't leave retirement and become a free agent because we'd still retain his rights.
          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
          . Post Your Artwork .
          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

From what i understand, he was never actually traded, meaning the trade did'nt happen, therefore he is still under contract. So if he retires, he retires a Bronco. Course i could be totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by got_defense??
              From what i understand, he was never actually traded, meaning the trade did'nt happen, therefore he is still under contract. So if he retires, he retires a Bronco. Course i could be totally wrong.
              release his ass quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                It is as though we release him. It accelerates in the same way.

He also can't leave retirement and become a free agent because we'd still retain his rights.
                So can he still be one of those June 1st cuts, saving us money on this years cap? Or does his retirement terminate that option?

Comment

As it looks right now it seems like the Broncos will get some cap relief this year, (3.5-4 million) but then have him on the books next year where his money gets forwarded onto the cap next year, which is around 5 million dollars of a hit. We'll save a decent deal this year, take a hit next year. Due to the CBA, the cap will go up, so essentially the Broncos won't gain that space as it'll be canceled out by Plummer being a *bleep*!

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                    As it looks right now it seems like the Broncos will get some cap relief this year, (3.5-4 million) but then have him on the books next year where his money gets forwarded onto the cap next year, which is around 5 million dollars of a hit. We'll save a decent deal this year, take a hit next year. Due to the CBA, the cap will go up, so essentially the Broncos won't gain that space as it'll be canceled out by Plummer being a *bleep*!
                    Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Bad part of this, we don't get a pick and it takes two years for Jake to be off the books.

Good part, it opens up room for us to get Graham or another impact free agenct.

Comment

According to Cugel, I may be wrong though. . . we'll have to see.

Please sign Graham or someone else so my day is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                          According to Cugel, I may be wrong though. . . we'll have to see.

Please sign Graham or someone else so my day is better.
                          This is where I am at with it too. I liked the Bly deal, and I liked the Plummer deal, and I was anticipating either Kerney or Graham to sign today since both are visiting. The Plummer thing took some wind out of my sails, especially since when I first heard it I thought that we would save a bunch on the cap and now I see that the acceleration still takes place.

Big signing could really cheer me up

Comment

I'd even be ok with hearing the details of Bly's restructuring. That way we'd at least have some kind of half idea of how much cap room we have.
                            Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

My understanding is that Denver has a choice to excellerate the bonus or keep it spread out. Trying to remember TD's Bonus and why it was on the books for so long. Was it because he delayed filing retirement or because Denver chose to keep the hit spread out?

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X