X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by CoBear23
    Usually I would agree 100% but since I said "thanks peyton" I think its best that sit and spin are not in the same sentence.

Honestly I have zero love for Peyton and the entire Manning family but I would flip if our Offense/Cutler could dominate a defense like Indy.

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? Just the very thought has me starting to salivate already.

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHighStud
    Hey I got some words for Peyton....................SIT AND SPIN MUTHASUCKA t('.')t

Usually I would agree 100% but since I said "thanks peyton" I think its best that sit and spin are not in the same sentence.

Honestly I have zero love for Peyton and the entire Manning family but I would flip if our Offense/Cutler could dominate a defense like Indy.

Leave a comment:

• MileHighStud
    replied
    Hey I got some words for Peyton....................SIT AND SPIN MUTHASUCKA t('.')t

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    replied
    this was written pre-henry and pre-graham, just thought I'd bump with all the attention now on the o.

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
    It has never been to this extent.

Not to mention, doing it "every year", how many players have they overpayed for? I could write a book with that one.
    I feel this year's feelings have more to do with bad journalism reporting everything regardless of having confirmation. The players we've overpayed are indeed black marks on the organization, but almost every player in free agency gets a contract that grossly over pays. Thats the nature of F.A. from the moves I've seen the last few years though it seems that Shannahan has learned from his mistakes. Always new ones to make though

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by ballen
    They do it every year because they can. You guys worry about the money like it is yours. You just said it, they do this every year. So that means that it's not that big of a deal.

It has never been to this extent.

Not to mention, doing it "every year", how many players have they overpayed for? I could write a book with that one.

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    replied
    Originally posted by ballen
    They do it every year because they can. You guys worry about the money like it is yours. You just said it, they do this every year. So that means that it's not that big of a deal.
    You're exactly right it's not that big of a deal, management has been shrewd enough that we've never had to do a long term re-buliding process. The Broncos of consistently found a way to balance long-term options with short-term needs, as a result missing out on a free-agent isn't the end of the world.

Leave a comment:

• ballen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    I don't see anyway Denver can afford him.

We have $4 mill in cap space now, this guy wants $10 mill guaranteed.

Not to mention all these McGahee rumors are perplexing as it is, considering if he comes over on a trade Denver will have to rework his contract also to give him the mega deal he wants.

Why does Denver insist on doing this every year??

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos724
    Before we compare our offense to Indy's let's wait until we put up 28 ppg and not 20.
    Thats a very valid point but Shannahan has produced high powered offensive units in the past. The '97 and '98 Super Bowl years we led the AFC with 29.5 and 31.3 ppg respectivley. The players we have brought in since the AFCC are players which more closely resemble the Championship Broncos and the current Champion Colts, than the Broncos of the last two seasons in terms of versitility and athleticism. With the right players I have little doubt that Shannahan can bring those number backs.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos724
    replied
    Before we compare our offense to Indy's let's wait until we put up 28 ppg and not 20.

Leave a comment:

• CoBear23
    started a topic Words I never thought I'd say "Thanks Peyton"

Words I never thought I'd say "Thanks Peyton"

If the signing of Graham is for real then we have a major addition to our offense. I'm sure some of you will dis-agree with this assesment but we can owe our revamped offense to Peyton Manning.

In the super bowl years Shannahan and Elway would exploit any weakness in a defense by creating mis-matches by using motions and unique packages. This is where Peyton Manning excels, after years away from working with an elite QB of Elway cailber, Peyton must have flipped a switch in Shannahan. Looking back even two seasons ago this team didn't nearly have the talent capable of executing what Shannahan demanded, and we've seen a major revamping since that Honolulu week.

Hiring Heimerdinger was the beginning of the end for Jake, suddenly all his passing plays we're all new and worse they played against his suits. Heimerdinger designed classic three, five, and seven step passes with little R.O. and Mis-direction.

This offense clearly wasn't designed for Plummer it was more of what Peyton Manning would like to see. Enter Cutler, a bright, big, strong-armed, second coming of Elway type QB. Cutler is a QB who if devloped properly is in the same mold of Elway, Farve, and Manning. He is a QB capable of seeing the whole field, reading what the defense gives him, and bright enough to manage an offense that heavily depends on motion's, audibles, and check downs.

We have slowly bulit up and offense similar to present Indy and Vintage Broncos (Circa '98) Javon and Marshall along with Cutler are going to have a lot of TD's between them, not to mention Smith still producing and the continued growth of Kircus. This WR corp. is very similar in it's make-up to that of INDY's, explosive starters, along with possesion guys who can also strech the field. Not to mention having another white-guy wearing 87 has to be good Super Bowl karma(jk) but it is sweet.

The way that Manning runs his offense and what really make's the whole passing game possible for the Colts are their Tight-Ends. Scheffler is a TE, who just like Dallas Clark can easily line up in the slot and force either a LB or safety out of the box and give them serious difficulties covering him in the open field. Having the ability to move Scheff around on the field while not giving up blocking capablity opens up a pleothera of options. Putting Clark in the Slot is only possible because they leave their second TE on the line to help in blocking.

With the signing of Graham we now have that same ability, we will finally be able to dictate matchups once again, Graham like Utecht is a effective pass-catcher but a better blocker and will be one of the keys to our offensive success.

Minus the need for another RB and devloping the young o-line players. The offensive side of the ball should have all the key pieces in place and best yet they're young. Since The AFCC loss we have moved out almost all the offensive skill players and in doing hopefully ensured the start of a new offensive power.

'05 AFCC Offense

Gone- Jake Plummer, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Jeb Putzier, Stephan Alexander???, Ashley Lelie, Darius Watts, Todd Devoe, Foster for good measure as well

I give Shannahan credit for still being able to win with the players we had while Jake was here, but I say thank you to Peyton for reminding Mike of what he once had in Elway and giving him the desire to have that again.
Working...
X