Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Plummer Will Not Retire! Traded To Bucs Officially!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m.smith from espn thinks Jake will still retire

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
      I think what will happen is that the Bucs will trade Plummer to the Texans for a draft pick this year. Whatever draft pick that is, the Broncos will probably get it's image in 2008. All this move did was take all the power out of Jake and the Texans hands, and put it in the Bucs. And I believe the Bucs are essentially acting as agents for the Broncos in doing this deal.
      I agree with your interpretation. Annoying both Shanny and Chucky with his retirement threats was a pretty bad idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        I think its freakin' hilarious.

If Jake would have unretired, he would have forced our hand to release him and he still would have counted heavily on our future books. When he essentiallly pulled his "I'll retire rather then go to the Bucs" stance, he made a massive powerplay.

Now, the Broncos just put their boot up his @ss. We'll probably only get a 7th round selection in 2008, but what we did was remove Plummer from our books for future liability and took all his power away.

Now, if he wants to play again, he's going to have to negotiate with Tampa Bay to trade him since he won't be playing in Tampa. And you know Tampa is not going to be happy about Plummer rebuffing them.

I also think the Broncos became annoyed with the Texans whom apparently were just waiting for Plummer to be released, and who likely had insider dealings and a role in his "block" to Tampa Bay.

Now, the Texans have no choice but to trade with Tampa Bay to get Plummer. And if Plummer retires, the Bucs have no cap hit, so they don't care.

This trade really screws the Texans and Plummer.

However, Plummer has only one power play left. He can inform the Bucs that he will be reporting to play this season for his 5m figure. The Bucs, depending on how spiteful they wish to be, can handle that cap hit and bury Plummer on the sidelines, or they can release him for no penalty.

I think what will happen is that the Bucs will trade Plummer to the Texans for a draft pick this year. Whatever draft pick that is, the Broncos will probably get it's image in 2008. All this move did was take all the power out of Jake and the Texans hands, and put it in the Bucs. And I believe the Bucs are essentially acting as agents for the Broncos in doing this deal.

So......

If Jake wants to retire, he can retire.

If Jake wants to play, he can play.

Tampa can trade him (or his rights) to Houston.

If Jake plays, the Broncos get a pick.

If Jake retires, the Broncos can go after a portion of his signing bonus.

Sounds fair to me.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
          So......

Sounds fair to me.
          No, we only get something if he plays for the Bucs
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
            m.smith from espn thinks Jake will still retire
            Doing so would be well within his rights. Interesting, though....
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7

No, we get something regardless. A 7th Round pick in 2008, even if he retires.

Im speculating that if he doesn't retire and the Texans and Bucs reach a trade for a draft pick, lets say a 4th rounder, the Bucs will get that pick. However, they will match that pick next season (2008), so instead of the 7th round pick, we'll get their 4th round pick.

All this move did was make the Texans have to trade value if they want Plummer, and it took all the power from Plummer in terms of deciding where he was to go. He f'd us, we f'd him back. Good Times.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                We don't have HIS Contract anymore tho...right?

so he's off OUR Cap!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                  So......

Sounds fair to me.
                  Sounds fair to me too.

It would be better for the Broncos for him to retire, and free up some money.
                  sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Working...
                  X