• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.J.55
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77
    Lemme take a stab.

i saw this posted

The trade of quarterback Jake Plummer to the Bucs is aimed at preventing Plummer from retiring for a few months and then unretiring to play for the Texans, explains Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Per Schefter, the trade states that Plummer either unretires and plays for the Bucs, or Plummer retires and the Broncos retain the ability to pursue the unallocated portion of his signing bonus.

But if Plummer unretires, Tampa will have to have $5.3 million in cap room to carry his base salary. So, in essence, Plummer can opt to force Tampa's hand by saying, "Sure, I'll show up." It will force Tampa to pay him $5.3 million or cut him.

Or trade him, perhaps to the Texans.

thanks. that helped me out alot.

We trade Plummer to TB for conditional pick in 2008

We trade pick #183 (6th) for "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkinson from Miami.

Another rumor is Kevin Carter was just released from Miami. There is the possibility we might go after him now since Kerney fell through the cracks.

Before you know it our defense will not be know as the Br0ncos any more but the BrownPhins!

thanks. that helped me out alot.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Lemme take a stab.

i saw this posted

The trade of quarterback Jake Plummer to the Bucs is aimed at preventing Plummer from retiring for a few months and then unretiring to play for the Texans, explains Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Per Schefter, the trade states that Plummer either unretires and plays for the Bucs, or Plummer retires and the Broncos retain the ability to pursue the unallocated portion of his signing bonus.

But if Plummer unretires, Tampa will have to have $5.3 million in cap room to carry his base salary. So, in essence, Plummer can opt to force Tampa's hand by saying, "Sure, I'll show up." It will force Tampa to pay him $5.3 million or cut him.

Or trade him, perhaps to the Texans.

We trade Plummer to TB for conditional pick in 2008

We trade pick #183 (6th) for "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkinson from Miami.

Another rumor is Kevin Carter was just released from Miami. There is the possibility we might go after him now since Kerney fell through the cracks.

Before you know it our defense will not be know as the Br0ncos any more but the BrownPhins!

Leave a comment:

• D.J.55
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29
    its really easy,

shanny is doing so many trades and signings and not signings and trades to mae the biggest smoke screen ever!

they look right we move left. they look left and we move right. and once we have their heads spinning we pull the rope a dope and do something amazing.

what it will be? i have no idea. probably trade a 7th,williams,paymah for detroits first overall, trade that to az and then we get_______. and in the second we have like 5 picks

are you talkin bout D.J. Williams? i would hate that trade

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    its really easy,

shanny is doing so many trades and signings and not signings and trades to mae the biggest smoke screen ever!

they look right we move left. they look left and we move right. and once we have their heads spinning we pull the rope a dope and do something amazing.

what it will be? i have no idea. probably trade a 7th,williams,paymah for detroits first overall, trade that to az and then we get_______. and in the second we have like 5 picks

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    The Broncos are getting a conditional pick based on Plummer's playing time. That's it. Plummer doesn't play for the Bucs, Denver gets NOTHING. Nothing else to the deal. Only thing Denver gets if he retires (as he has threatened to do) is the unallocated part of his signing bonus back. He's on the books for $5.3 million this season, so if he decides to play, look for Tampa to move him anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    another report says its a 2007 pick

Leave a comment:

• D.J.55
    replied
    Originally posted by RazR
    Dude.... there's like 3 threads going on right now about this. And only a click away
    i dont feel like going through it all.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Jake has been traded to Tampa for a draft pick in 2008. Don't know which pick it is though.

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    Dude.... there's like 3 threads going on right now about this. And only a click away

Leave a comment:

• D.J.55
    started a topic help me put this all together

help me put this all together

ok im trying to put all this info together. ok so we trade for dre bly and it finalized yesterday. got that part. now this is were i get confused. did jake retrie or not? if he did retire then why are we sending him to TB for a 4rd. pick 2008? and we just acquied wilkinson from miami for a 6rd. pick. why are we going after a 34 year old DT?
Working...
X