Now what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what??

so with the deals today with tampa and miami, does this mean that Graham and Patrick Kerney are done with denver, i mean do we still have money to go after a DE and TE, or not.. because i am still seeing holes that need to be filled at DE, RB, and TE that need to be filled and prolly a OL would be nice too. I think denver can adress the DE in the draft but what about the others are any of these guys still a posibility and if so which ones may get done.

DE- Partick Kerney, Kevin Curtis, other
    RB- Willis McGahee, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, other
    TE- Daniel Graham, Jermey Stevens, Eric Johnson

and if we where to adress any of those holes in draft who would it logically be??

Well the Broncos could trade down their first pick in the draft for a 2nd round pick and maybe something else...

Then we could use a 2nd rounder on Jones or McGahee. Solves RB problem. Then use the other 2nd rounder on a safety, like Griffin or Weddle. 3rd rounder would go to a DE/DT, and Ikaika Alama-Francis can play both. That's just my opinion though.

Comment

I'm sure Denver's in the market for some of those names, but I don't think they ahve the cap space for all of them.

They're probably targeting the 3 big names (McGahee, Graham, Kerney) hoping to get one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by huskerbroncofan
        so with the deals today with tampa and miami, does this mean that Graham and Patrick Kerney are done with denver, i mean do we still have money to go after a DE and TE, or not.. because i am still seeing holes that need to be filled at DE, RB, and TE that need to be filled and prolly a OL would be nice too. I think denver can adress the DE in the draft but what about the others are any of these guys still a posibility and if so which ones may get done.

DE- Partick Kerney, Kevin Curtis, other
        RB- Willis McGahee, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, other
        TE- Daniel Graham, Jermey Stevens, Eric Johnson

and if we where to adress any of those holes in draft who would it logically be??
        I have posted this before but if we don't land Graham we could go after Wiggins or Klinesasser (sp?) from Minn. They are both big, great blocking TE's.
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
        - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
        - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
        - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
          Well the Broncos could trade down their first pick in the draft for a 2nd round pick and maybe something else...

Then we could use a 2nd rounder on Jones or McGahee. Solves RB problem. Then use the other 2nd rounder on a safety, like Griffin or Weddle. 3rd rounder would go to a DE/DT, and Ikaika Alama-Francis can play both. That's just my opinion though.

Denver would be foolish to trade down, IMHO.

If they want McGahee for a second that's fine. But don't trade out of the first unless it's an unbelievable offer.

I think Shanahan might have finally figured out the drafting importance after 10 years of doing it.

Comment

does denver have any chance at adam carriker? and if he is availible when its there pick will denver take him?

Comment

The Bill have already excepted our 3rd round pick for Willis McGahee, but his agent wants us to pay a Clinton Portis salary, so you save your 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by huskerbroncofan
                does denver have any chance at adam carriker? and if he is availible when its there pick will denver take him?

Mocks have Denver targeting Carriker with their 21st pick.

I'm not sure he would be a good fit here, but I don't know what it takes to build a good defense by scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
                  The Bill have already excepted our 3rd round pick for Willis McGahee, but his agent wants us to pay a Clinton Portis salary, so you save your 2nd.

Second rounder or not, McGahee is going to want that money anyways.

With Shanahan's supposed "great eye" for RB, I don't understand why he wants to break the bank for a me first selfish arrogant player like McGahee/

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                    Denver would be foolish to trade down, IMHO.

If they want McGahee for a second that's fine. But don't trade out of the first unless it's an unbelievable offer.

I think Shanahan might have finally figured out the drafting importance after 10 years of doing it.
                    Trading down is a possibility.

The D-line isn't that important now. They are set for at most two seasons, and are definitely set for this season. They've been repaired with band-aids.

RB and S is what I am most concerned about. We need a safety to get experience on the bench and 2nd team this season. Lynch is probably going to retire after this season and we need a safety to go in. We can't just start a rookie safety.

The offense and defense is pretty much set besides for S and RB. We need an RB. With a weakened right-side o-line now (as Foster left and Carlisle is likely to leave), we have to bring in a proven power runner who can make their own holes or reinforce the o-line and bring in any RB and let the Bobby Turner-Mike Shanahan magic happen. But I really want Thomas Jones. We can get O-line depth in the later rounds.

Comment

anyone think that Michael Bush could be a good RB to draft in the 3rd round, or is he a waist of time, or Brandon Jackson?

Comment

Trading down is a possibility.

The D-line isn't that important now. They are set for at most two seasons, and are definitely set for this season. They've been repaired with band-aids.

RB and S is what I am most concerned about. We need a safety to get experience on the bench and 2nd team this season. Lynch is probably going to retire after this season and we need a safety to go in. .

How is DLine set?

We have arguably 3 starters that Denver is looking at replacing. Dan Wilkinson isn't going to save anything.

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if Denver, just got a vet RB like Green and a back up Qb like Brad Johnson, and kept the change for other lower salary players that might come available for TE, or either lines.

Comment

no

no bush, guys we need willis mcgahee lets just give them the money, imean thin about it like this we get iwllis and win the Superbowl or dotn pay the money adn dont win thats ot, we need a strong fast agile veteran back in our back field
                            BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                              How is DLine set?

We have arguably 3 starters that Denver is looking at replacing. Dan Wilkinson isn't going to save anything.
                              i agree we have Kenard Lang, Elvis Dumervil and Gerald Warren, and Ekuban and of those guys didnt get the job done last year

Dumervil is going to develop into one of the best pass rushers i think

Comment

Working...
                              X