Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

broncos sign G holland and tatum bell to gaints(rumors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos sign G holland and tatum bell to gaints(rumors)

Denver signed its first free agent of the offseason Saturday by inking New Orleans guard Montrae Holland, according to a source close to the situation.

Holland agreed to a one-year deal and it is expected to be announced later Saturday. Holland will compete with second-year guard Chris Kuper at right guard. Incumbent Cooper Carlisle will not return

In the course of talking to people around the league today, the rumor that the Giants want to trade for Tatum Bell just won't go away. Some pretty good sources are insisting that something is in the works.

All I can tell you is that every indication that I've gotten is that the Lions traded for Bell because they wanted to play him, not trade him. Does that mean that they wouldn't consider a deal if they were getting great compensation? No, but I still believe the Lions just filled one of their needs with a speed guy with a good track record and they don't want to give themselves another hole to fill just to get another draft choice.

Now, this is free agency and everybody lies and I might be getting sold a bill of goods and I accept that possibility. However, until I hear otherwise, I believe the Giants' desire to get Bell and the Lions' desire to get rid of him are two entirely different things.
    Last edited by dmoney27; 03-03-2007, 03:18 PM.

cool i guess...
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

You were beat

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney27
        Denver signed its first free agent of the offseason Saturday by inking New Orleans guard Montrae Holland, according to a source close to the situation.

Holland agreed to a one-year deal and it is expected to be announced later Saturday. Holland will compete with second-year guard Chris Kuper at right guard. Incumbent Cooper Carlisle will not return

In the course of talking to people around the league today, the rumor that the Giants want to trade for Tatum Bell just won't go away. Some pretty good sources are insisting that something is in the works.

All I can tell you is that every indication that I've gotten is that the Lions traded for Bell because they wanted to play him, not trade him. Does that mean that they wouldn't consider a deal if they were getting great compensation? No, but I still believe the Lions just filled one of their needs with a speed guy with a good track record and they don't want to give themselves another hole to fill just to get another draft choice.

Now, this is free agency and everybody lies and I might be getting sold a bill of goods and I accept that possibility. However, until I hear otherwise, I believe the Giants' desire to get Bell and the Lions' desire to get rid of him are two entirely different things.

LINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdog1764
          LINK!!!!!!!!!!!
          http://fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=332007mke5790kf

Comment

Working...
          X