Broncos eye Henry and Green at RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos eye Henry and Green at RB

With Ahman Green set to leave the Broncos Saturday evening after a visit, the Broncos were rushing in Travis Henry as a candidate to be their primary running back.
    Henry, who was due an $8.3 million roster bonus Monday, was released by the Tennessee Titans Saturday morning and was quickly put on a plane for Denver by Saturday afternoon.

Henry will spend much of Sunday at the team's Dove Valley complex.

The Broncos' offense would certainly suit a one-cut running back like Henry, who has run with power and toughness throughout his career.

Henry led the Titans in rushing last season, fighting his way past Chris Brown and rookie LenDale White to earn the starting job. He had 1,211 yards rushing in '06 with seven touchdowns and six 100-yard games.

For his career Henry has three 1,000-yard seasons, 5,395 career yards and 34 rushing touchdowns.

The only caveat is Henry did have a four-game suspension in the 2005 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, meaning he had tested positive at least once to enter the league's program and tested positive again to warrant the suspension. http://fflivewire.com/article.asp?id=332007ifa4027fb

Henry seems to be the most likely guy for us to pick up.I would love to see Willis here
    but to me it looks like Henry will be the guy.He is younger than Green,isnt he?

Comment

Henry is 28, I think Green is 30.

Comment

Is he good out of backfield catching passes?

Comment

Originally posted by iowan
          Is he good out of backfield catching passes?
          He caught over 40 one year. Better than Bell but not quite as good as Thomas Jones.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
          X