Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punt Returner?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Punt Returner?

    Are there any PRs worth looking at in F/A or will we likely address it in the draft if at all?

  • #2
    i liked what i seen from kircus returning punts the last game when darrent was hurt, i think he showed he can be productive doing that, and i hope they keep morgan to return kickoffs

    Comment


    • #3
      man if we dont resign morgan then that will be lame. he is a pure returner. we barely gave him a chance last year and he ate it up. imagine him all year?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mxbronco13
        Are there any PRs worth looking at in F/A or will we likely address it in the draft if at all?
        Why not give Heisman to Utah's Eric Weddle?

        By Doug Robinson
        Deseret Morning News

        Dear Heisman Trophy voters: It's time to get serious and make your pick. Who do you like?
        There are no real head-turners out there this season, no Reggie Bushes or Vince Youngs, no one who really dazzled.
        Troy Smith, the Ohio State quarterback, will likely win the award, but here's another idea: Instead of giving the trophy to the best running back or quarterback, why not break tradition and give it to the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER?
        Scott Winterton, Deseret Morning NewsUtah's Eric Weddle runs the ball against BYU. Why not give the Heisman Trophy to Eric Weddle?
        Weddle is the best all-around football player in the nation, period.
        He is a gridiron sensation in the West. He gets more ink than Tom and Katie.
        When is the last time you heard fans chanting a defensive back's name during a game (which is what they were doing in Rice Eccles Stadium on Saturday)? But of course Weddle is so much more than a defensive back.
        Why not give the trophy to a guy who plays full-time cornerback/safety and part-time quarterback, punt returner and holder for field goals and extra points?
        Why not give the Heisman to a guy who has scored three touchdowns on defense and four on offense?
        "He should win the Heisman Trophy," Wyoming coach Joe Glenn said earlier this season. "I sincerely mean that."
        So do I.
        He has 58 tackles, 35 of them solo.
        He has two fumble recoveries and returned one for a touchdown.
        He has six interceptions and returned two for touchdowns.
        He's rushed for 161 yards and four touchdowns on 34 carries, or almost five yards per carry.
        He's completed 2 of 4 passes for 43 yards, including a perfect, spiraling 18-yard touchdown pass that hit receiver Brent Casteel in stride against BYU on Saturday.
        He's returned 7 punts for 40 yards.
        He is Utah's third leading scorer, with 42 points.
        The only people who spend more time on the field than Weddle each Saturday are referees. Against Air Force two weeks ago, Weddle played every snap on defense and collected eight tackles. On offense, he led the Utes in rushing with 73 yards and scored Utah's only two touchdowns. He also served as the holder for the game-winning field goal.
        He played a total of 90 plays.
        Afterward, Air Force coach Fisher DeBerry told him, "They're cheating you, son; they ought to give you two scholarships."
        Ute coach Kyle Whittingham says Weddle might be the best all-around player ever to wear a Ute uniform, this at a school that has produced a long list of NFL stars. For that matter, Whittingham believes Weddle would be the best player in the Mountain West Conference at whatever position he played if he played it full time.
        A couple of weeks ago, Weddle, a first-team preseason all-American, was listed as a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Trophy (awarded to the nation's top defensive back), a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Trophy (to the nation's top defensive player), a quarterfinalist for the Lott Trophy (to the nation's top impact player) and a candidate for the Bronco Nagurski Trophy (also to the nation's top defensive player).
        Give him all of the above, plus the Heisman, to round out his collection.
        Where is it written that the Heisman will be won only by players at a couple of positions? Of the 70 Heisman winners, 64 were quarterbacks or running backs; only one was listed as a defensive player and he was a two-way player like Weddle — wide receiver/cornerback Charles Woodson in 1997.
        Weddle has thrown the age of specialization on its ear. He's a throwback to one-platoon football. He defines what a good football player is. Nothing would say that better than the Heisman Trophy

        Comment


        • #5
          Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg


          Find A Way To Bring Charlie Back Come On Shanny

          RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

          I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by socalorado1
            Why not give Heisman to Utah's Eric Weddle?

            By Doug Robinson
            Deseret Morning News

            Dear Heisman Trophy voters: It's time to get serious and make your pick. Who do you like?
            There are no real head-turners out there this season, no Reggie Bushes or Vince Youngs, no one who really dazzled.
            Troy Smith, the Ohio State quarterback, will likely win the award, but here's another idea: Instead of giving the trophy to the best running back or quarterback, why not break tradition and give it to the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER?
            Scott Winterton, Deseret Morning NewsUtah's Eric Weddle runs the ball against BYU. Why not give the Heisman Trophy to Eric Weddle?
            Weddle is the best all-around football player in the nation, period.
            He is a gridiron sensation in the West. He gets more ink than Tom and Katie.
            When is the last time you heard fans chanting a defensive back's name during a game (which is what they were doing in Rice Eccles Stadium on Saturday)? But of course Weddle is so much more than a defensive back.
            Why not give the trophy to a guy who plays full-time cornerback/safety and part-time quarterback, punt returner and holder for field goals and extra points?
            Why not give the Heisman to a guy who has scored three touchdowns on defense and four on offense?
            "He should win the Heisman Trophy," Wyoming coach Joe Glenn said earlier this season. "I sincerely mean that."
            So do I.
            He has 58 tackles, 35 of them solo.
            He has two fumble recoveries and returned one for a touchdown.
            He has six interceptions and returned two for touchdowns.
            He's rushed for 161 yards and four touchdowns on 34 carries, or almost five yards per carry.
            He's completed 2 of 4 passes for 43 yards, including a perfect, spiraling 18-yard touchdown pass that hit receiver Brent Casteel in stride against BYU on Saturday.
            He's returned 7 punts for 40 yards.
            He is Utah's third leading scorer, with 42 points.
            The only people who spend more time on the field than Weddle each Saturday are referees. Against Air Force two weeks ago, Weddle played every snap on defense and collected eight tackles. On offense, he led the Utes in rushing with 73 yards and scored Utah's only two touchdowns. He also served as the holder for the game-winning field goal.
            He played a total of 90 plays.
            Afterward, Air Force coach Fisher DeBerry told him, "They're cheating you, son; they ought to give you two scholarships."
            Ute coach Kyle Whittingham says Weddle might be the best all-around player ever to wear a Ute uniform, this at a school that has produced a long list of NFL stars. For that matter, Whittingham believes Weddle would be the best player in the Mountain West Conference at whatever position he played if he played it full time.
            A couple of weeks ago, Weddle, a first-team preseason all-American, was listed as a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Trophy (awarded to the nation's top defensive back), a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Trophy (to the nation's top defensive player), a quarterfinalist for the Lott Trophy (to the nation's top impact player) and a candidate for the Bronco Nagurski Trophy (also to the nation's top defensive player).
            Give him all of the above, plus the Heisman, to round out his collection.
            Where is it written that the Heisman will be won only by players at a couple of positions? Of the 70 Heisman winners, 64 were quarterbacks or running backs; only one was listed as a defensive player and he was a two-way player like Weddle — wide receiver/cornerback Charles Woodson in 1997.
            Weddle has thrown the age of specialization on its ear. He's a throwback to one-platoon football. He defines what a good football player is. Nothing would say that better than the Heisman Trophy
            Alright already we get it: you have a man-crush on Weddle. Let it go. Btw this has no relevance to this thread.

            Comment


            • #7
              What do you guys think about Garrett Wolfe? He led all RBs in rushing yards last year, but he will not be taken early because he is considerably too small to be an effective back in the NFL. He might be a decent return man?

              Comment


              • #8
                r u sure there isnt someone already on the roster to return?


                could like marshall or foxworth?

                i doubt it but we'll probably get some1 in the draft

                RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

                I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
                  r u sure there isnt someone already on the roster to return?


                  could like marshall or foxworth?

                  i doubt it but we'll probably get some1 in the draft
                  kircus can do it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yamon Figurs in the draft


                    Yamon Figurs (6', 180lbs, Kansas State): Giants could use some return help. Figurs is one of the best in the draft. An explosive punt returner/kick returner. One of the fastest players in college football. Returned a punt 80 yards for a TD versus Rutgers. Returned a KO for a TD in Hula game. Up and down as a WR at Kansas St. Midseason QB change to frosh QB didn't help his WR numbers. Big game at WR versus Texas (6-120-2TD). Ideal speed, quickness, and elusiveness to be a return force in NFL. Return skills and speed will get him drafted late. Rounds 5-6.
                    http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/KWALL022107.htm
                    Got this from a Giants site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well we have a couple guys on our roster already that are returners..Hixon didn't even get a chance last year and Morgan did pretty good...but I wouldn't be surprised if we got somebody in the draft.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X