Brad Johnson to decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Johnson to decide...

He's to decide on either the Cowboys or Broncos by wednesday...i dunno about Brad Johnson...how much money is he asking for? i think he'd be a one year deal type of guy

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

More **** news thats making me sick in the gut

sigpic

Comment

I'm not too siked about this move...but he hasn't signed yet!

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by hellomrwilson56
        I'm not too siked about this move...but he hasn't signed yet!
        I know but I don't want his old butt

sigpic

Comment

god i hope not i live in minnapois and he said on the new he doesnt throw a 60 yard bomb. he throws a 30 yard bomb you guys think jake had no arm they measure his arm strength with a yard stick

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler06
            god i hope not i live in minnapois and he said on the new he doesnt throw a 60 yard bomb. he throws a 30 yard bomb you guys think jake had no arm they measure his arm strength with a yard stick
            Saw Brad Johnson play while he was here with the deadskins....not impressed with him as a starter, and still not impressed with him as a backup
            sigpic
            :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by DCBronco
              Saw Brad Johnson play while he was here with the deadskins....not impressed with him as a starter, and still not impressed with him as a backup
              i agree with this statment

Comment

Not crazy about Brad Johnson, but I think a veteran back-up is the way to go... Especially if you think about the alternative like having BVP as the #2... If nothing else, Johnson has been around the block and can help Cutler with the nuances of the game- Something a young guy wouldn't be able to provide.

Comment

Who else is out there? I would rather bring in someone who can help teach Cutler a few things, and Johnson could do that.

Bit I doubt Brad Johnson picks the Broncos anyways, I bet he ends up with the Cowboys. He has a better chance of playing there then he does in Denver.
                  Go Broncos !!

sigpic

Comment

I actually think Johnson would be a good pickup. Although his arm is suspect he plays smart, and if he is given time will win games. It will also be good to have a vet behind Cutler to show him the ropes. If he comes cheap I htink that it would be a great pickup.

Comment

On the market this year, you have a lot of weak, inexperienced QBs: Tim Rattay (18 career starts), Anthony Wright (19 starts) and John Navarre (1 start).

Is Johnson good enough to start and win the Super Bowl? No, probably not. But is he good enough to play if the Broncos needed him too? Yeah, absolutely.

He's got 16 years experience and 122 career starts. If he's coming to Denver, he knows he's doing it to be the backup, to teach Cutler, and you have to assume as a result, the contract will reflect that. It won't be veteran minimum ($820 K) but I imagine it will be pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444
                        I actually think Johnson would be a good pickup. Although his arm is suspect he plays smart, and if he is given time will win games. It will also be good to have a vet behind Cutler to show him the ropes. If he comes cheap I htink that it would be a great pickup.

if you think i think he had 9 tds and 15 picks is smart. whats bad to you. johnson is horrible he should retire. hes a statue and would get sacked very time he drop back to pass. we dont need him. the only thing that will help cutler is time on the field not a broke down QB

Comment

I would really like to secure Brad Johnson as the backup for Cutler for obvious reasons: Experienced Mentor for Cutler, Super Bowl & Playoff Experience, Chemistry with Current Broncos (John Lynch a former teammate), and he would have the savvy and ability to keep things afloat should Cutler be unable to play at some point.

I don't know who else you all have in mind to be the Backup if Johnson is so bad??

Comment

Originally posted by broncoben
                            Who else is out there? I would rather bring in someone who can help teach Cutler a few things, and Johnson could do that.

Bit I doubt Brad Johnson picks the Broncos anyways, I bet he ends up with the Cowboys. He has a better chance of playing there then he does in Denver.
                            Didn't Romo go to the Pro Bowl?

Brad would be a fine addition to Denver.

Comment

Two years ago I would've been fine with having Johnson as our back-up, now I'm not so sure. He aged considerably this past year.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
                              X