if kerney has left seattle wouldnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if kerney has left seattle wouldnt

that mean he is going be a bronco if he is deciding tomorrow. The reason i ask is because why would he leave Seattle if he was going to decide on them tomorrow. I mean wouldn't he just stay there for his press conference rather than leaving.

well he did visit oakland also
    Best in the West

Comment

Originally posted by goblue8888
      that mean he is going be a bronco if he is deciding tomorrow. The reason i ask is because why would he leave Seattle if he was going to decide on them tomorrow. I mean wouldn't he just stay there for his press conference rather than leaving.

Maybe he has a few Maxim girls waiting for him in Aruba and had to split?

Comment

I think we offered him more money then we did previously. Why else would Bailey have restructured? Also, we got Henry for dirt cheap so that means we don't need to worry about having a lot of money left over for a RB. I have a feeling.

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
        I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

Originally posted by rtomaine25
          I thought Grahm visited oakland and Kerney went straight to Seattle, that's why the Seattle coaches were at DIA. I may be wrong.
          Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

Originally posted by rtomaine25

well it is oakland...........

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoForLife27
              I think we offered him more money then we did previously. Why else would Bailey have restructured? Also, we got Henry for dirt cheap so that means we don't need to worry about having a lot of money left over for a RB. I have a feeling.
              How is the money we have to pay our drafties factored in? I know were not picking at 11 again, and wont be paying "48 million" to our first choice.

Still though...

We have to sign some 7 picks.

Comment

I don't think it necessarily means anything. I doubt he will go to Oakland, because lets face it, they are going no where fast! Maybe he is leaning towards us, but he could have left Seattle to go home and talk it over with people close to him. It's not like he wont be able to afford the flights in the next 24 hours or so.
                sigpic

Comment

maybe he just wanted be in denver when he announces to signing with us
                  Best in the West

Comment

How is the money we have to pay our drafties factored in? I know were not picking at 11 again, and wont be paying "48 million" to our first choice.
                    teams get extra money to sign draft picks
                    BroncoForLife27 I think we offered him more money then we did previously. Why else would Bailey have restructured? Also, we got Henry for dirt cheap so that means we don't need to worry about having a lot of money left over for a RB. I have a feeling.
                    i dont think we signed him dirt cheap...in fact i dont even think terms of his contract have been released yet besides 5 years and 12 mill gaurenteed
                    Last edited by Broncos Rex; 03-05-2007, 06:03 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goblue8888

This is a great point. I look at it like when I bought my new truck. I went to one place and liked something. I went to another place and found something else i liked for a similar price but the only difference was the warranty. I told them I would think about it for a day and I did. I eventually went back to the first place because I felt more satisfied with that. If the second place had offered me everything I had wanted, I would not have left there without it.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
                        This is a great point. I look at it like when I bought my new truck. I went to one place and liked something. I went to another place and found something else i liked for a similar price but the only difference was the warranty. I told them I would think about it for a day and I did. I eventually went back to the first place because I felt more satisfied with that. If the second place had offered me everything I had wanted, I would not have left there without it.
                        This ain't buying a truck, unless you got one of those REALLY EXPENSIVE $20 million trucks!

But, yes point taken.

Kerney flew to Denver. He was supposed to leave for Seattle Friday night. Seattle was worried about reports the Broncos were trying to keep Kerney in town until he signed, so they sent Jim Mora, his former head coach with Atlanta to Denver just to meet him at the airport Friday night and make sure he got on the plane to Seattle without signing anything.

That didn't entirely work. Kerney spent Saturday morning finishing up negotiations with the Broncos, then flew on to Seattle, where he spent the rest of the weekend. Then he flew back to Denver and last I heard, he's here now (unless he left again).

His statement was that the money was about equivalent, but that there were some details to work out. I don't know why he came back to Denver either unless there was something unfinished he wanted to clear up or something.

In either case Denver has at least a 50% chance of signing Kerney. I don't know about Oakland, but frankly they don't need expensive defensive players. Their defense is already plenty good, especially their DL. It's their offense that sucks bug-bags.

They need Graham a LOT more than Denver does. Unfortunately, if you're Graham, where would you rather play? Denver, Seattle or Oakland? Seattle or Denver obviously. They'd have to offer seriously a LOT more money to lure him to Oakland to endure that circus.

I think it will come down once again to Denver v. Seattle and which city he feels more comfortable in (assuming that the money is roughly comparable).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                          His statement was that the money was about equivalent, but that there were some details to work out. I don't know why he came back to Denver either unless there was something unfinished he wanted to clear up or something.
                          Wow that's impressive...the money on the table from both teams being more or less equal.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                            Wow that's impressive...the money on the table from both teams being more or less equal.
                            I don't know how that happened either, but that's what he was quoted as saying in the Post this morning.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Rex
                              teams get extra money to sign draft picks

i dont think we signed him dirt cheap...in fact i dont even think terms of his contract have been released yet besides 5 years and 12 mill gaurenteed
                              5yrs 22.5 mil 12 of it is guareented. Adam Schelther (sp) put it up
                              President Cool

Comment

Working...
                              X