Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos ask for Betts in Trade

Ladell Betts-RB-Redskins Mar. 6 - 7:28 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Broncos have asked for Ladell Betts in exchange for Dre' Bly.
    The Broncos are also reportedly talking to the Saints. Other reports say Denver is interested in Washington's first-round pick. The news about Betts is interesting considering Denver just paid big money to Travis Henry. But it's a typical Mike Shanahan move; He's not afraid to acquire an extra quality running back.

This is getting kind of crazy, although it is just speculation. Wonder what the Saints are offering?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...t=87955&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by shwangyo

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Broncos have asked for Ladell Betts in exchange for Dre' Bly.
      The Broncos are also reportedly talking to the Saints. Other reports say Denver is interested in Washington's first-round pick. The news about Betts is interesting considering Denver just paid big money to Travis Henry. But it's a typical Mike Shanahan move; He's not afraid to acquire an extra quality running back.

This is getting kind of crazy, although it is just speculation. Wonder what the Saints are offering?

I don't like any of this.

I want Bly...he'll get used to it in Denver...DONT trade him....
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

if he wants betts than he probably will spin betts off for more draft picks.

Comment

Stupid Trade right there.
          sigpic

Comment

Want the first round pick. Shanny get the first round pick!!
            President Cool

Comment

Well it is nuts actually, we would be paying high dollar for two backs with pretty good contracts, it fiscally could damage us later on. Not sure, but I am thinking Shefter got info on this that was before we got Henry, that would be logical. And Washington's team reporter is stating that both teams are still dealing and Denver will likely walk away with the 6th Overall pick in the draft. This is really getting out of hand, unless Denver is going to trade Betts? LMAO...that would really tan Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09
                if he wants betts than he probably will spin betts off for more draft picks.
                Yeah man, say we have Henry and Betts. They're both quality backs, and they could both have monster seasons in a system like ours. Then next year, we can trade one of them to our annual rape teams, of which there are more than just Washington, for a position of need. Maybe a good lineman or a Safety? We'll have to see after next year, but I seriously can't say how much I love Shanny for his shrewdness in trading RB's. And Bobby Turner for making them into passable RB's.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Maybe Shanny will trade Der Bly for Ladell Betts.

And then trade Travis Henry to the Titans for Pacman Jones.

Sorry, its been a long day.
                  [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

Originally posted by RunYouOver
                    I don't like any of this.

I want Bly...he'll get used to it in Denver...DONT trade him....
                    If he does not want to play here then we can not force him, and keeping him for one year would be stupid. Let him go if he wants, we have Foxworth and will get another corner or two. Springs will likely end up cut from the roster if they get Bly and we could sign him then!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                      Well it is nuts actually, we would be paying high dollar for two backs with pretty good contracts, it fiscally could damage us later on. Not sure, but I am thinking Shefter got info on this that was before we got Henry, that would be logical. And Washington's team reporter is stating that both teams are still dealing and Denver will likely walk away with the 6th Overall pick in the draft. This is really getting out of hand, unless Denver is going to trade Betts? LMAO...that would really tan Washington.

Betts signed for so cheap and Shanny knows that he would be great trade bait on draft day for any team that missed on getting a targeted guy.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I will be really upset if we make a straight up Bly for Betts trade.

Bell + Foster > Betts

Hell...

Bell > Betts

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Why we would trade an all pro corner for a backup RB is beyond me. It might be justifiable if we hadnt signed Henry, but even then its a horrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicbloke
                            Maybe Shanny will trade Der Bly for Ladell Betts.

And then trade Travis Henry to the Titans for Pacman Jones.

Sorry, its been a long day.
                            Yes, I guess it has been a long day.

But I'd rather keep Henry and Bly.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GodofallGods
                              Stupid Trade right there.
                              CP to you for finally making a good post.

I don't want Betts, we have Henry. i want Bly, not Springs. And this is coming from Jim Bates himself. "Dre will be a Bronco next year. He's not going ANYWHERE."

Comment

Working...
                              X