Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New England and Jacksonville has their eye on Reggie Nelson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England and Jacksonville has their eye on Reggie Nelson.

According to John Clayton on his The Huddle show, Bill Bellichick and Jack Del Rio was personally at the Florida work out eying specifically Reggie Nelson among other talents. Man I really hope Shanahan has an eye on this guy because the more and more I hear and watch his on field skills, I draw conclusions of teams with such players as Ed Reed with the Ravens, TP with the Steelers...

i hope shanny has his eye on him too....

Comment

I got a phone call while listening to the show so I didn't hear all of it, but Clayton was saying how the combine workout does not portray the true on-field speed and quickness Nelson truly has.

Comment

id take reggie anytime

Comment

Nelson would be a great guy to get, but I just don't think we can pass up on DE again.

It really sounds like Shanahan is insisting on dline from all the speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
            i hope shanny has his eye on him too....
            I'm right with ya there buddy. I think Nelson would be a huge addition to our team in round 1. I think he could be a difference maker year one and continue to improve. What he would bring to the team would be tremendous and I really hope Denver can get him.

Having Nelson along with Lynch, Baily, Bly and our trio of LBs could be deadly and we would just need to improve our d-line.
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              Nelson would be a great guy to get, but I just don't think we can pass up on DE again.

i agree. i think shanny will take a look at safety the first day but will look to use one of our 3rd round picks.

the guy he might target is eric weddle. he is a hard hitting saftey with good speed. he would be a nice replacement for lynch.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                I'm right with ya there buddy. I think Nelson would be a huge addition to our team in round 1. I think he could be a difference maker year one and continue to improve. What he would bring to the team would be tremendous and I really hope Denver can get him.

Having Nelson along with Lynch, Baily, Bly and our trio of LBs could be deadly and we would just need to improve our d-line.
                with this draft being soo deep at Dline i think we can improve it and still take nelson in the first.

Comment

with this draft being soo deep at Dline i think we can improve it and still take nelson in the first.
                  :werd: History shows FS and LB have been amongst the most reliable as far as 1st picks go.

Comment

Yea you're right.

Shame the Broncos don't have a lot of picks. I'd still probably trade up 3a or 3b to get a higher pick in the draft.

Comment

I agree with you there. I think we should try and get Nelson round 1 and then DeMarcus Tyler round 2. With one of our 3rds get that d-linemen from Hawaii and then maybe a runningback or kickreturner.
                      Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

With one of our 3rds get that d-linemen from Hawaii
                        YES!!!

Someone agrees with me here!

IKAIKA ALAMA-FRANCIS

Comment

I agree with you there. I think we should try and get Nelson round 1 and then DeMarcus Tyler round 2. With one of our 3rds get that d-linemen from Hawaii and then maybe a runningback or kickreturner.
                          i think taylor would be great to have. maybe barak atkins in the third. turk mcbride or a tim crowder with atkins in the third?

Comment

Well, knowing Shanahan's style of not tipping off who he wants in the 1st round almost every year, I'd say, If Shanny is interested, he's not letting anyone know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic

Nelson would be a good value pick, but the Broncos simply CAN'T afford to pass up DL in the first round (unless they draft Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson which isn't going to happen).

They have ignored drafting DL for so long they have NO good young prospects outside Dumervil and at least TWO gaping holes on the DL.

Right now they have absolutely NOBODY to play DL alongside Warren. So, they need a starting DT. Big Daddy Wilkinson (if he doesn't retire) is a backup only. He's good to spell Warren, but he can't start at his age.

Shanahan also didn't offer Kerney all those millions just for fun. The Broncos also need a starting LDE. Lang is too small and Ekuban too old and not terribly good at the position. Neither will be around in a couple of years.

They could possibly manage to squeeze another year out of Lang and Ekuban without getting an elite DE but then what? The Broncos will have the same problem NEXT year they have now.

Meanwhile they desparately need a starting DT to go opposite Warren. Demetrin Veal is WAY too small to be the type of DT Bates favors (he's 288, about 40 lbs. less than Bates wants in his DTs) and several inches too short too.

What's the point of continuing to put it off and suffering defensive breakdowns because of it. How many 17 point leads do you want to watch them blow this year?

It wasn't due to the LBs or Champ Bailey that they gave up all those huge leads you know!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X