Denver Post Screamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Post Screamer

Somebody in Denver posted a question in todays paper asking if the rumpr was true.

The question should be answered in tommorrows paper, anway it was said that Al Wilson is on the trading block to washington for a striaght across trade for the their number 6 pick in the draft.

Another scenairio was Al and Bly for Shawn Springs their number 1 pick.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM.

Originally posted by Sam24
    Somebody in Denver posted a question in todays paper asking if the rumpr was true.

The question should be answered in tommorrows paper, anway it was said that Al Wilson is on the trading block to washington for a striaght across trade for the their number 6 pick in the draft.

Another senairio was Al and Bly for Shawn Springs their number 1 pick.
    Washington filled their need at MLB... Why would they want Wilson?

Comment

as much as i love al...i certainly hope its true
      sig pic removed by mod staff.
      we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
        Washington filled their need at MLB... Why would they want Wilson?
        I dont know, thats why Im askin UnderArmour!

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96
          as much as i love al...i certainly hope its true
          Really? Exsplain please.

Comment

Al Wilson is on the trading block to washington for a striaght across trade for the their number 6 pick in the draft.
            come on thats just the most ridiculous rumor ever
            sigpic

Comment

Really? Exsplain please.
              wilson is pretty good...and yes i dont need to hear the leader talk...but hes not GREAT, as was shown by (while only a few) mistakes last year that should have NEVER occured.

if we traded him STRAIGHT UP, we get to keep our 21 and get the #6, two first round picks would absolutely solidify our defense IMO...
              we could get two GREAT players, say carriker and nelson, with those picks.

then the concern becomes the replacement for al, however with this trade we covered two bases but open one more. in my book thats good enough

but what do i know?

Comment

ok guys very few player are worth a straight up trade for the 6th pick and im sorry to say Wilson isnt close to being one of them
                sigpic

Comment

why would be trade away one of our best players at a position that we have no depth in??

sigpic

Comment

Do not forget that this years draft is rather week at LB to boot.

But in my dreams I think 6th overall you would have to take it.

Comment

I live in Idaho and will not get the Denver Post. Will you or someone else please post the answer to the question?

I think we need Al and Bly. However the 6th over all would be nice. Tuff choice

If the rumor is true I would like to know. Thanks
                      _
                      Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
                      All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

Al + bly for springs and the 6th is ONLY worth it if we cant sign bly to an extension.

Comment

The idea of trading Wilson is pure insanity.

He made some mistakes last year? Gee, nobody else ever makes mistakes. He still managed to go to the Pro Bowl despite a better known Ray Lewis not being voted in (he was only an alternate).

Al Wilson is a known quantity, and he's a really good quantity. Why would we trade that for an overpriced risk? You know how many of the top 10 picks flop? Far too many to risk losing the heart and soul of our defense, and perennial Pro Bowler at that.

1) Wilson is the heart and soul of our defense

2) We're seriously thin at LB behind our starters

3) He's a perennial Pro Bowler

4) He's a needed team leader

5) No draft pick is a sure thing and it would be too risky to lose a sure thing in a trade

6) The #6 pick will probably make about as much as Wilson does right now... and he could very well flop

7) Wilson still has four years left on his contract. Including contract restructures, Wilson's prorated salary cap hit would probably be around $7 million - $8 million which means we'd probably lose some more cap space by trading him... something in short supply and would be desperately needed for the #6 pick.

Especially for those who are critical of Shanny's drafting ability, why would anyone want to trade a top-notch player for a freaking draft pick?
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Unless Washington plans on switching to the 3-4 they don't need another MLB. You can't even say that Al will be learning the system for a year or two behind Fletcher then take over because he's like 30 and he's an all pro. So basically the trade will stay a rumor and nothing else.
                            President Cool

Comment

I dont know, thats why Im askin UnderArmour!

*letter back from UnderArmour*

WE MUST PROTECT AL!!!!!
                              President Cool

Comment

Working...
                              X