X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade up to #6 (truth afterall?)

This was just made public today:

Via Scout.Com:

- scout.com's Tony Pauline reports free agent WR Kevin Curtis (St. Louis Rams) is in Tennessee visiting the Titans today. Curtis has drawn the interest of six teams but league sources believe Tennessee may have the best chance to sign him at this point.

- USC WR Dwayne Jarrett has a visit coming up with the New York Giants. Jarrett is set to work out fully at his pro day on March 28.

- University of Louisville DT Amobi Okoye has visits coming up with the Denver Broncos and Washington Redskins. Okoye (hamstring) is expected to work out fully at his pro day on 3/26.

scout.com has also confirmed University of Arizona RB Chris Henry is expected to visit the Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, and Buffalo Bills soon.

The Philadelphia Eagles also have shown interest in him. In a related note, Philadelphia has shown interest in free agent RB Corey Dillon but sources say no deal is close to happening at this point.

Amobi Okoye is a lock Top 10 selection. I think it's telling that not only are we doing our due diligence on him, but that Washington is as well. Their biggest need is DT. Our biggest need is DT.

It's my opinion that Washington is seeing if Okoye is "too good" to trade down from, and we are seeing if he's "too good" not to trade up for.

Interesting times for sure.

Very interesting. Possible Shanny may trade with someone else too. No need to bring that high of a draft pick in if your not considering trying to get him. No way Okoye falls to #21. Well, you never know.

Comment

Maybe that is who Shanny likes that high?

We could use him - maybe Amobi with the trade and a DE since they are deep this year in the second round?

----------------------------------------------
      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

meh. . . i hope we don't pay through the nose to get one guy. . . . there have been so many rumors about this, it's tough to guage what the actual compensation might be-- but if bly is involved along with multiple 1st day selections, you are rapidly getting into the territory of serious overpayment IMO. . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

AMOBI OKOYE!

I would love us to trade up for him.

Comment

I'd like that pick alot.

Comment

Originally posted by got_defense??
              Very interesting. Possible Shanny may trade with someone else too. No need to bring that high of a draft pick in if your not considering trying to get him. No way Okoye falls to #21. Well, you never know.
              I agree. I am still not going to read too much into the fact that Washington is looking at him because they DO have a top ten pick. There are nine other teams that pick in the top ten so if we are truly interested in the kid there could be multiple ways to move up to grab him. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Because of Washington's desire to acquire more draft selections their asking price for pick #6 may be much higher than another team in the top ten so I wouldn't hold me breath about this move happening with them if it even happens at all (which I highly doubt). I just think that there is too much talent in this draft that would be passed up if we shipped a bunch of our picks in order to move up.

Comment

It's all smokescreen.

We should know Shanny by now.

I think he is scheming for Marshawn Lynch or Calvin Johnson or Levi Brown or Joe Thomas or someone totally unexpected.
                [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

If we move up that high, I hope its only for CJ or Landry. Not even really landry since nelson might still be around. I would die and go to heaven if we ended up with CJ. Not one negative thing about the kid. Anyone see NFL Network last night? His kicking ass in every thing he does. Reggie Ball sucked, this kid will be the best Wr ever!!!!

Comment

The rumor that popped up and then went away real quick (maybe someone plugged a leak?) is the trade up with Buffalo. I believe that #12 is a much better spot for us. If quinn and Levi both go before we pick, I believe that Okoye, Branch or Carriker would be there and all three would fill a need for us. #12 would be 1/2 the cost that #6 would be.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                      The rumor that popped up and then went away real quick (maybe someone plugged a leak?) is the trade up with Buffalo. I believe that #12 is a much better spot for us. If quinn and Levi both go before we pick, I believe that Okoye, Branch or Carriker would be there and all three would fill a need for us. #12 would be 1/2 the cost that #6 would be.

oooooooohhhhhh, sexy.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Yeah, can we somehow trade up a little without losing Bly? The Buffalo idea sounds a lot more like it. Also, once you're at #12 it's a lot easier to trade into the top ten from there if that still makes sense. Getting there all in one jump from #21 to #6 is a recipe for paying through the nose. Q. What is Buffalo rumored to want?

Comment

iHey Mug tell me what you think this is something i posted in a earlier thread

"i like okoye but i just dont see him as a great fit in our system he is known for being a TRUE UT which harrass the QB in our defense we use our Tackles as lane cloggers.. so bassically that would be like drafting DJ williams to play strong side linebacker... oh wait we did that already... dont get me wrong i like the pick but i think we need a true pass rusher at end with a top six pick...then a lane clogger where it can be picked up latter and cheaper..."

Dont you think it would be a better pick to get Branch if we wanted a true lane clogger
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                            i think carricker might and probably will bew a top ten
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I would love to go after him, but I doubt we have to go up to 6 to do it. There might be a team around 10-13 that we could trade with and not give up as much. Get some preliminary talks going, and then on draft day if he is there at the pick then make the trade, and if he goes earlier than that, stay put and draft at 21.

Comment

Working...
                              X