Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which position will we draft in the First Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which position will we draft in the First Round?

I don't have the slightest clue which position the broncos have their greatest need.....so I will ask all of you.
    Quarterback
    7.14%
    RunningBack (hb or fb)
    2.86%
    Wide Receiver
    2.86%
    Tight End
    0.00%
    Guard/Center
    0.00%
    Offensive Tackle
    1.43%
    Defensive Tackle
    14.29%
    Defensive End
    37.14%
    Linebacker
    0.00%
    Cornerback
    0.00%
    Safety (S or FS)
    30.00%
    Punter/Kicker
    4.29%
    Last edited by sneakers; 03-14-2007, 04:02 AM.

IMO by far the greatest need is D-tackle. However unless the Broncos trade up, I don't see anyone of value at that pick. That in my mind leaves D-end or safety as the most likely pick if we stay at #21.

Mike Shanahan has never been a very predictable kind of guy. He could take a FB in round one and once again leave each of us scratching our collective head.
    Last edited by Dean; 03-14-2007, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
      IMO by far the greatest need is D-tackle. However unless the Broncos trade up, I don't see anyone of value at that pick. That in my mind leaves D-end or safety as the most likely pick if we stay at #21.

Mike Shanahan has never been a very predictable kind of guy. He could take a FB in round one and once again leave each of us scratching our collective head.

we'll probably sell the farm to move up to #6. . . and then draft ted ginn. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Given that Shanahan wants an impact player and we still need an every down pass rusher, I think DE is the choice in the first round. If we stay at the #21 pick, I think the choice could be Jarvis Moss, he is almost the same size and weight as Jason Taylor and would seem to fit Bates' mold for a DE. If the rumors are true about a trade that gets us into the top ten, Shanahan might be targetting Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?

Comment

Punter Straight Up!

Comment

If we stay at 21 Shanny might shock some people and get a big pass blocking OT. Our OTs are old, and one is coming off a serious injury and the other just came out of reitrement...Cutler needs protection.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
              If we stay at 21 Shanny might shock some people and get a big pass blocking OT. Our OTs are old, and one is coming off a serious injury and the other just came out of reitrement...Cutler needs protection.
              True about our OT position. I don't know though, Foster might have left a bad taste in Shannys mouth. In the past, Shanny has always done a good job at getting experiance to fill that position. Zimm. T.Jones etc. I really hope he goes that route if he can.

Comment

I would have said DE a couple of weeks ago but with talk of us moving up - I say DT. The DT pool is low but the DE pool is good this year.

So DT = First pick ( If we trade down) then DE in second round.

DE if we stay at 21.

this is what I am guessing

----------------------------------------------
                I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                  I would have said DE a couple of weeks ago but with talk of us moving up - I say DT. The DT pool is low but the DE pool is good this year.

So DT = First pick ( If we trade down) then DE in second round.

DE if we stay at 21.

this is what I am guessing

I'd agree with you about 90%. If we do trade up and dre bly is involved we may go after his replacement. Shanny will be shanny and I'd be happy if he went with your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by va broncos fan
                    I'd agree with you about 90%. If we do trade up and dre bly is involved we may go after his replacement. Shanny will be shanny and I'd be happy if he went with your logic.
                    Do you really think he would go after a corner before our dline - yikes!!

I mean Foxy is a pretty good corner if Bly goes - I think.

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

If we stay put probably a safety, or Branch or maybe Ginn if they fall and if we trade Bly most likely a CB. If we move up to #6 its gotta be DT

Like MUG has been saying the value for DE is not at #21 at all. We are better suited drafting one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd or on the second day.

Comment

In the end

I think it will be a Safety, like Texas' Michael Griffin.

Comment

I think if by some chance we have a shot at Adrian Peterson we should take it. Henry is no Peterson and if we can land a premier back then we should and give him a year under Henry to grow. Henry's going to be about a 1200 yard rusher I predict. Not what Denver needs.

Comment

I really hope we get our hands on Jarvis Moss.
                            Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan
                              Do you really think he would go after a corner before our dline - yikes!!

I mean Foxy is a pretty good corner if Bly goes - I think.

I heard somewhere they are looking to groom foxworth as a safety.

Comment

Working...
                              X