i found two perfect DT's for our system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found two perfect DT's for our system

i was looking through the pro day numbers and found two DTs that would fit our system perfectly. some of yall out there know these guys already. Paul Soliai and Kelly Talavou from Utah. Soliai weighted in at 6'4 332 and ran the 40 in 5.02. thats moving. and Talavou weighted in at 6'1 3/4 329 and ran the 40 in 5.29. i would have to say those are the type of DT that bates is looking for and they're young so they could grow into our system. i really havent got to watch tape on them yet so does anyone know good they are? and what are yalls thought on this?

sig says it all. . . .

i've been interested in soliai for a while-- he's one of the few truly big, nosetackle types in this draft. . . MUG posted some combine info that said he was very impressive in the positional drills as well as posting good workout numbers. . . he would be very valuable to a 3-4 team (i read up on him a fair bit while studying prospects for the forum mock draft because i have the jets), but would fit just as well as the massive clogger type of DT that bates likes. . . as you said, he moves really well for a guy that big-- and while he may not offer much in terms of pass rush (not what bates asks of his DTs anyways), he is certainly powerful and mobile enough to crush the pocket and make QBs uncomfortable. . . he would command constant double teams, clog up the running lanes against LT and LJ, and disrupt passing lanes and bat down a lot of passes. . . good fit here IMO, and worth our 2nd rounder in a draft that's largely devoid of talent at the DT position. . . don't know much about the other guy. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

From waht I have heard Solilai (SP) is raw but has some good upside to him, I wouldn't mind him but I would hope Wilkinson doesnt retire
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

**this is from PFT**

BIG DADDY IS IN HIDING

A league source tells us that defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson, who was recently traded from the Fins to the Broncos, is not answering his phone and can't be reached by either team.

Per the source, if Wilkinson doesn't take a physical by Friday, March 16, the deal will be voided.

The thinking in some league circles is that, although Wilkinson says he plans to retire, he wants to be able to play in 2007 without having to participate in an offseason program. Some believe that, if the Broncos or the Dolphins were to tell Wilkinson that he doesn't have to show up for offseason workouts, Wilkinson would relent.

...basically what this translates to........

I'm a big, fat, old, lazy s.o.b........call me when the season starts!

Comment

Screw Big Daddy...

We could get a better player in the 6th.
          Go Huskers.

Comment

The problem with these guys is they are inconsistant on the field. They have flashes of dominance, and can really jam up the middle and even get penetration. But, they also lack stamina and neither has a great motor. I am a fan, I live in Utah and I follow the Utes closely. I really think Soliai can be a good player in the NFL but there should be a "buyer beware" warning issued. He has to improve his technique and bring his "A" game week in and week out in order to be successful. A ton of talent, but far from making the best out of it. I think if he is there in the 3rd we should go for him. He definately clogs the middle, and with his big body and Warrens in the middle, it will really free up the rest of our guys and also wear down the opposing offensive lines from having to push all that weight around. Some have put a 2nd round grade on him, and I think that is too high

Comment

Hey Big Daddy isnt hiding :nono: He has just down at Krispy Kremes. It is taking that long to fill his order. Can you say cream filled???

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by D.J.55
                i was looking through the pro day numbers and found two DTs that would fit our system perfectly. some of yall out there know these guys already. Paul Soliai and Kelly Talavou from Utah. Soliai weighted in at 6'4 332 and ran the 40 in 5.02. thats moving. and Talavou weighted in at 6'1 3/4 329 and ran the 40 in 5.29. i would have to say those are the type of DT that bates is looking for and they're young so they could grow into our system. i really havent got to watch tape on them yet so does anyone know good they are? and what are yalls thought on this?
                I would love to have Paul Soliai. I think he really could do some damage on the inside and require a double team almost every play. I think he is a young kid who will grow strength wise into consistant starter for years.

Comment

Why are they good for our system? Sounds like they'd be good in any system. =p

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Dt

Don't forget Tennessee DT Justin Harrell.

There are different opinions, but the Broncos have to decide what they see as their biggest need, DT or DE.

Since Shanahan is not likley to tell us, we will have to keep guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                      Screw Big Daddy...

We could get a better player in the 6th.

You are very wrong here

Comment

Originally posted by Downhill Runner
                        Don't forget Tennessee DT Justin Harrell.

There are different opinions, but the Broncos have to decide what they see as their biggest need, DT or DE.

Since Shanahan is not likley to tell us, we will have to keep guessing.
                        This was who I liked after reading up on him.

Don't know much though... Haven't seen him play..
                        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

I want Ikaika Alama-Francis. He can play end or tackle, 4-3 or 3-4.

Comment

Working...
                          X