Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to draft USC center...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need to draft USC center...

    I think we have a lot of pieces on offense but we need to address the O-line in a big way. Unlike a lot of other teams we are looking for specific type lineman which may not be available any ole year in the draft as well in takes a year or so in the system to get it. I think we need to come out of this draft we at least 3 O-line and 1 - 2 D-line.

    My $.02

  • #2
    eslinger is going to be the bomb diggity when nalen's gone, only thing we need is a left tackle and we'll be set

    Comment


    • #3
      Eh, I like Caliali(sp?). But we already have Eslinger as tjhenry said and Nalen still here. What we need as help at Tackle, we have no major Tackle besides Lepsis who can block well and run block.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by maifranklin
        I think we have a lot of pieces on offense but we need to address the O-line in a big way. Unlike a lot of other teams we are looking for specific type lineman which may not be available any ole year in the draft as well in takes a year or so in the system to get it. I think we need to come out of this draft we at least 3 O-line and 1 - 2 D-line.

        My $.02
        Shanahan already stated he wants to get bigger more athletic lineman, so Kalil is likely out of the question unless he can play tackle or guard, Denver is four deep at center: Nalen, Eslinger, Meyers and Hamilton are all capable centers, yet only one is the starting center...so I do not see us taking Kalil. And if your looking for Denver to take a lineman you need to look at a pure guard to succeed Hamilton and or a tackle to succeed Lepsis.

        Comment


        • #5
          I say we wait and get Jake Long next year. He plays fior UM, who also plays zone blocking. He would fit into our system right away.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
            Eh, I like Caliali(sp?). But we already have Eslinger as tjhenry said and Nalen still here. What we need as help at Tackle, we have no major Tackle besides Lepsis who can block well and run block.
            i think its kalil by im not sure

            Comment


            • #7
              I would love to have Jake Long on our team. The guy is mammoth size and im talking about 6'10''. This guy has to be mobile, but I'm worried he'll get knocked off of his feet when blocking
              50 Stars and 13 Bars

              Comment


              • #8
                From what I can remember Ben Hamilton is "heir apparent" when Nalen leaves. Besides he already has started several games as the starting Center when Nalen torn his ACL a few years back.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kalil would be getting bigger on the offensive line for us Lancane - he's 15 pounds heavier than Nalen as is. (300 versus 285) I like Kalil as a prospect, but with Hamilton, Myers and Eslinger all capable of playing center effectively, it's not our highest need. I'd rather look at tackle, and there are some interesting names in the second and third rounds. Kalil would be a luxury pick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    there´s a tackle that used to play TE, and he is quite high regarded, can´t seem to remember his name or what school he is from, but that sounds like a good idea for a draft pick at OL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stepurgameup101
                      I say we wait and get Jake Long next year. He plays fior UM, who also plays zone blocking. He would fit into our system right away.
                      Amen. He'll probably go in the top 10 though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bjoli198
                        there´s a tackle that used to play TE, and he is quite high regarded, can´t seem to remember his name or what school he is from, but that sounds like a good idea for a draft pick at OL

                        This is the funniest post I've read in a long time

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well, I for one am certainly happy to see the rest of the crowd starting to agree with me that the O-Line needs help...

                          ----

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 22cannon
                            This is the funniest post I've read in a long time
                            just about as vague as saying "Hey you with the hair!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by stepurgameup101
                              I say we wait and get Jake Long next year. He plays fior UM, who also plays zone blocking. He would fit into our system right away.
                              Jake Long is a beast and I am happy he stayed for his senior year



                              I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X