If we trade to #2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we trade to #2?

i have heard by people that we might trade up for Detroit's #2 overall pick. i don't know how that will work (u can make up ur own scenarios)

Anyway if we do this then we need to take CJ (barring Oakland isn't dumb enough to take him over Jamarcus Russel)

I know i will probably get bashed for this but my reasoning is because he could be a #2 reciever behind Walker. but just think IF Walker were to get hurt again and miss major time then we are screwed because i don't think Marshall can handle a #1 spot (he kind of dissapointed me last year barring the hype surrounding him)

so IF Walker were to get hurt then it wouldnt be a HUGE loss. and even if he is healthy then we would have a great recieving tandem too

Just think if the injury were to happen then the season might be at risk. if we get CJ then no worries
    sigpic

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27
    i have heard by people that we might trade up for Detroit's #2 overall pick. i don't know how that will work (u can make up ur own scenarios)

Anyway if we do this then we need to take CJ (barring Oakland isn't dumb enough to take him over Jamarcus Russel)

I know i will probably get bashed for this but my reasoning is because he could be a #2 reciever behind Walker. but just think IF Walker were to get hurt again and miss major time then we are screwed because i don't think Marshall can handle a #1 spot (he kind of dissapointed me last year barring the hype surrounding him)

so IF Walker were to get hurt then it wouldnt be a HUGE loss. and even if he is healthy then we would have a great recieving tandem too

Just think if the injury were to happen then the season might be at risk. if we get CJ then no worries

don't get me wrong but i would love to calvin in the orange and blue but i think it will cost too much to get to #2, and we might draft a wide out later in the draft like 3-6 i'd say, possibly even the second

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

if we got Calvin itd be so cool cause imagine if he became a solid superstar reciever adn then Javon was a number 2 reciever thatd be so cool even Calvin as a 2nd and B-Marsh as a third thats a pretty dang good 3rd reciever

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Unless you're a first round pick, I don't know how any WR can disappoint in their rookie season.

And if we trade up for #2, it will be because of Joe Thomas, not CJ, unfortunately.

Comment

Alright i was just watching the NFL network and they were saying Denver is still active in trade talks with Detroit about the #2 pick

THEY ALSO SAID THAT THE BRONCOS HAVE INTEREST IN CALVIN JOHNSON!
          sigpic

Comment

I am all for getting the #2 pick and taking Calvin Johnson. If by some chance we do have a legitimate chance of getting that pick, I would even be ok with giving Detroit Al Wilson as part of the deal. I don't want to get rid of Al, but a chance to get Calvin Johnson is worth it. Walker and Johnson on the same field at the same time would be amazing. It could be as good as Harrison and Wayne, if Johnson lives up to the hype.

I don't think Shanahan would move up that far and give up so much for an offensive tackle. If we can get that pick and the Raiders do take CJ, Shanahan can call the Cardinals and hold Joe Thomas hostage. Shanahan says to Whisenhunt: "Ken, I have my trigger finger on Joe Thomas, what will you give me for him?" ... "That's not enough Ken, I swear I'll pull the trigger, Ken, don't make me do it." ... "That's better Ken, you're doing the right thing now, but I want more." ... "Don't make me pick Thomas, Ken. I will if you don't give me what I want. Don't make me do it, Ken." ... "Good man, Ken. Good man. The pick is yours. When we pick Gaines Adams at #5, I'll be sure to tell Goodell to convey our heart felt gratitude to you publicly.

Whoever Shanahan would take at #2 is probably just a pipe dream. I hope Shanahan can pull it off, but I expect that come draft day we will hear Roger Goodell say " With the 21st pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Jarvis Moss, University of Florida(or some other similarly talented DE)."
            Last edited by broncolee; 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

i dont care how good CJ could be Al is so cool and a leader

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Alright i was just watching the NFL network and they were saying Denver is still active in trade talks with Detroit about the #2 pick

THEY ALSO SAID THAT THE BRONCOS HAVE INTEREST IN CALVIN JOHNSON!

That could also mean they're not interested in Calvin Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by trick
                  don't get me wrong but i would love to calvin in the orange and blue but i think it will cost too much to get to #2, and we might draft a wide out later in the draft like 3-6 i'd say, possibly even the second

I am so sick of drafting late WR's.........

Darius Watts, Triandus Luke, Adrian Madise, Domenik Hixon, Kevin Kasper, Herb Haygood, etc.

YUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                    That could also mean they're not interested in Calvin Johnson.
                    How?

it says clearly that they want CJ
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                      I am so sick of drafting late WR's.........

Darius Watts, Triandus Luke, Adrian Madise, Domenik Hixon, Kevin Kasper, Herb Haygood, etc.

YUCK!

Chris Cole, Travis McGriff, Muneer Moore........For every Brandon Marshall ya get 10 of these!

Comment

How?

I was watching ESPN news earlier and Michael Smith was on there.....

He said that Detroit very much wants to trade and Denver is still talking, but didn't know how serious Denver was....prolly cause Smith isn't nearly the insider that John Clayton and Chris Mortenson are.

He also said that there is like a 25% chance that Randy Moss gets traded/ isn't a Raider next season.

-if you have a teaspoon of salt, then swallow this info with it.

Comment

I think it's called "dis-information"

How?

Did you hear any news about the Broncos interest in a QB last year?

I didn't say it does mean they have no interest....I said it could mean they don't have interest!

Comment

How?

Doesn't mean much, especially with Shanny.

Remember, we didn't even look at Cutler before we drafted him.

Also, last year every single team was kinda interested in Vince Young, despite most of them only wanting him as a dream.

Could be all smokescreens.

Comment

i think that we have the best chance of any other team interested to get that #2 pick because we have the most to offer
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X