If we trade to #2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by str8jacket
    Oh god.........Impact player.............Marshall......no mix huh?

I really doubt you watched a single game all last year.

When teams keyed in on Javon, who did we throw to at the Wide Reciever position?

Marshall

Im just saying that i think that Cj could do for us what Marques Colston did for The Saints maybe better

who is better? Colston or Marshall?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27
      Im just saying that i think that Cj could do for us what Marques Colston did for The Saints maybe better

oh yeah and by the way i did either watch or hear every second of every game last year
      sigpic

Comment

That is comparing apples and oranges.

Two different schemes, and two COMPLETELY different schedules

CJ wont do for us what Colston did last year because Colston came in as a 3rd/4th WR meanwhile CJ would be #2 off the bat

Colston was a late round pick, meanwhile CJ is most definatly a top FIVE PICK.

you need to get better at forming a solid argument, this is too easy

Comment

oh yeah and by the way i did either watch or hear every second of every game last year
          oh yeah, from the sounds of it with you saying Marshall wasnt that big of an impact it sure sounds like you managed to pay CLOSE attention to it

Comment

I am sick & tired of people saying CJ hasn't proven himself

IMO IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN NOBODY IN THE DRAFT HAS PROVEN THEMSELVES
            Which is what we have seen time and again... SO many sure-fire, can't miss, gotta get this guy, yada, yada... How many #1, or even first round draft picks never make it to the hall of fame? Sorry, I've been around long enough to see this kind of hype blow over time and again, and you answer back with a Rod Smith who didn't even get drafted. What round did Eddie Mac get drafted in? (try 3rd)
            I've seen players at just about every position, no, make that EVERY position be one of these sure fire types. But quite frankly, some of the ones who really stand out in my mind are wide receivers.
            And how did Brandon Marshall disappoint anybody last year? Seriously, if you can point something out, I'd like to hear it. The kid made some really nice plays. I'll take him over Lelie ANY time.
            So do we NEVER draft a first round player again??? Hardly... but don't count chickens before they hatch. And right now, the Broncos greatest needs are not positions that would stock someone's fantasy roster. We need players who make plays in the trenches. (Yes, I acknowledge that there have been Dline busts as well.)
            But we gotta go for what is our greatest need, and it ain't wideouts, at least not in my book. Bowlen is not running a watercooler league team.

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
              Which is what we have seen time and again... SO many sure-fire, can't miss, gotta get this guy, yada, yada... How many #1, or even first round draft picks never make it to the hall of fame? Sorry, I've been around long enough to see this kind of hype blow over time and again, and you answer back with a Rod Smith who didn't even get drafted. What round did Eddie Mac get drafted in? (try 3rd)
              I've seen players at just about every position, no, make that EVERY position be one of these sure fire types. But quite frankly, some of the ones who really stand out in my mind are wide receivers.
              And how did Brandon Marshall disappoint anybody last year? Seriously, if you can point something out, I'd like to hear it. The kid made some really nice plays. I'll take him over Lelie ANY time.
              So do we NEVER draft a first round player again??? Hardly... but don't count chickens before they hatch. And right now, the Broncos greatest needs are not positions that would stock someone's fantasy roster. We need players who make plays in the trenches. (Yes, I acknowledge that there have been Dline busts as well.)
              But we gotta go for what is our greatest need, and it ain't wideouts, at least not in my book. Bowlen is not running a watercooler league team.
              if we get that #2 pick it will be too hard to pass up on Calvin

no defensive players are #2 pick worthy

I say we get CJ then get a DL with our next pick, cuz i dont see what was wrong with getting Dumervill he wasn't a 1st round pick and look at what he did for us. we just need a guy who is capable of playing just about every down
              sigpic

Comment

I say we get CJ then get a DL with our next pick, cuz i dont see what was wrong with getting Dumervill he wasn't a 1st round pick and look at what he did for us. we just need a guy who is capable of playing just about every down
                Thats the kicker though, Dumervil had the pass rushing skills of a 1st rounder. He just isn't an every down guy, or he WOULD have been taken much higher.

Comment

Just get us the best guy to help the team, where we need the most help.,
                  Last edited by gobroncsnv; 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

WE ARE NOT GETTING THE SECOND PICK, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME!

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

I would want Joe Thomas instead. The running game here at Wisconsin is very similar to the one that the Broncos use.

Comment

I think you said earlier in this thread that you don't care if we have trade away half of our draft picks, well from what I've seen from value chart we would have to give up every first pick if not our entire draft this would be bad idea. So our next pick would be next season no thank you.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If the Broncos DO trade to #2 it won't happen until after the Raiders pick at #1 so that we can be sure to get our guy.

This deal will absolutely not happen until then. Shanahan and Bowlen wouldn't be dumb enough to pull the trigger on a trade that may not work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
                            If the Broncos DO trade to #2 it won't happen until after the Raiders pick at #1 so that we can be sure to get our guy.

This deal will absolutely not happen until then. Shanahan and Bowlen wouldn't be dumb enough to pull the trigger on a trade that may not work out.
                            yeah that is definately smart because if the Raiders take CJ and we have already traded for #2 then we are screwed

so we will just have to wait and see.......... but i think that Shanny has something up his sleeve
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X