No announcement yet.

a new mock from footballs future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hate to see SD get Ginn, Them having both Vincent Jackson and Ginn would set their WR corps up for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
      Don't kid yourself! If Joe Thomas were available at the #3 pick Cleveland would take him in a heart-beat and so would most of the teams in the NFL. He's a sure-fire can't miss LT who would anchor the Browns line for many years. Peterson is a good prospect, but Joe Thomas would keep Charlie Frye healthy. He could start immediately and with Stinchcomb he'd do more to help the Browns running attack than Peterson alone could ever do.

LT might not be a sexy pick and I wouldn't like the see the Broncos do that if they HAD traded up to #2, but the Broncos need serious help on the OL. The only other pick I'd take as Phil Savage would be Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell.

But, it's all academic. Thomas will be off the board at #2 to the Lions anyway. It doesn't look like the Lions will find anyone desparate enough for Calvin Johnson. to move up and give them multiple first round picks. So, they will sit still and take Thomas at #2.

Then the Browns will take Peterson and you'll be happy.
      JaMarcus Russell - lesson learned should be that having a good bowl game does not make you a good player. He is tall yea. But he isn't particularly mobile and I don't like the attitude I perceive from him.

Brady Quinn - He did a fine job beating on lesser teams in college but once he had to fight the fight that counted. You sure could count him out. Not a good prospect if you ask me.

Then, Joe Thomas. The Browns signed Kevin Shaffer to a large contract just last season to play LT. What kind of message do you think it will send to potential players if he leaves after just one year? Not a good message at all. Get depth at tackle. Not a person that will alienate your signees.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by trick
        1.Oakland- JaMarcus Russel, QB, LSU
        2.Detriot- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
        3.Cleveland- Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
        4.Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
        5.Arizona- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
        6.Washington- Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
        7.Minnesota- Laron Landry, S, LSU
        8.Houston- Reggie Nelson, S, Miami
        9.Miami- Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
        10.Atlanta- Chris Houston, CB, Houston
        11.San Fran- Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
        12.Buffalo- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
        13.St. Louis- Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
        14.Carolina- Pat Willis, LB, Ole Miss
        15.Pittsburgh- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
        16.Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
        17.Jacksonville- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
        18.Cincinnati- Darelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
        19.Tennessee- Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
        20.New York Giants- Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida State
        21.Denver- Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
        22.Dallas- Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
        23.Kansas City- Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
        24.New England from (Seattle)- Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State
        25.New York Jets- Anthony Spencer, LB, Purdue
        26. Philadelphia- Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami
        27.New Orleans- Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
        28.New England- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
        29.Baltimore- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
        30.San Diego- Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
        31.Chicago- Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee
        32.Indianapolis- Jon Beason, LB, Miami

imo jarvis moss would be a great pick up

Ginn Jr., Brown and Peterson falling that far?

Houston, Nelson, McCauley, Griffin and Staley going that high?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
          JaMarcus Russell - lesson learned should be that having a good bowl game does not make you a good player. He is tall yea. But he isn't particularly mobile and I don't like the attitude I perceive from him.

Brady Quinn - He did a fine job beating on lesser teams in college but once he had to fight the fight that counted. You sure could count him out. Not a good prospect if you ask me.

Then, Joe Thomas. The Browns signed Kevin Shaffer to a large contract just last season to play LT. What kind of message do you think it will send to potential players if he leaves after just one year? Not a good message at all. Get depth at tackle. Not a person that will alienate your signees.
          Once again, it's academic because the Browns aren't getting Joe Thomas. But, your opinions notwithstanding, there's not a GM in the league who would pass on taking Joe Thomas no matter WHO they had at LT and they wouldn't worry a fig about whose ego might be bruised!

He's as close to a dead-certain pro-bowl LT candidate as has appeared in the last 10 years. He's scary fast, strong as an ox, coachable, no off-field problems, good technique, etc. There's a reason why the Lions are going to grab him at #2 ahead of such prospects as Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, LaRon Landry.

As for Russell and Quinn they are simply the two best QBs in the draft. Either would be a HUGE improvement over Charlie Frye (who was after all not even good enough to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round -- and nothing he's done so far convinces anybody he's going to surpass expectations). If he had a decent OL, a good run game and better WRs to throw to, he might improve to average).
          sigpic

Comment

tedd ginn jr will be an early 2nd round pick!!! dont work out dont get 1st round pick!
            GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

I like this one, we need a guy like Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies24
                Hmmm, idk, it seems as if i would want Charles Johnson at this point becasue we need a run stopping De who can also rush the passer, Moss could add weight, but is a liability at the Run at this point.
                Charles Johnson is a very strong DE but doesnt have great explosiveness.He sometimes gave up on plays in college and was much more effective when the opposing team focused on stopping Quentin Moses rather than him.He needs to get stronger in his lower body and also has short hands.Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X