X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utebroncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockies24
    Hmmm, idk, it seems as if i would want Charles Johnson at this point becasue we need a run stopping De who can also rush the passer, Moss could add weight, but is a liability at the Run at this point.
    Charles Johnson is a very strong DE but doesnt have great explosiveness.He sometimes gave up on plays in college and was much more effective when the opposing team focused on stopping Quentin Moses rather than him.He needs to get stronger in his lower body and also has short hands.Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline84
    replied
    I like this one, we need a guy like Moss.

Leave a comment:

• antiwup
    replied
    tedd ginn jr will be an early 2nd round pick!!! dont work out dont get 1st round pick!

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    JaMarcus Russell - lesson learned should be that having a good bowl game does not make you a good player. He is tall yea. But he isn't particularly mobile and I don't like the attitude I perceive from him.

Brady Quinn - He did a fine job beating on lesser teams in college but once he had to fight the fight that counted. You sure could count him out. Not a good prospect if you ask me.

Then, Joe Thomas. The Browns signed Kevin Shaffer to a large contract just last season to play LT. What kind of message do you think it will send to potential players if he leaves after just one year? Not a good message at all. Get depth at tackle. Not a person that will alienate your signees.
    Once again, it's academic because the Browns aren't getting Joe Thomas. But, your opinions notwithstanding, there's not a GM in the league who would pass on taking Joe Thomas no matter WHO they had at LT and they wouldn't worry a fig about whose ego might be bruised!

He's as close to a dead-certain pro-bowl LT candidate as has appeared in the last 10 years. He's scary fast, strong as an ox, coachable, no off-field problems, good technique, etc. There's a reason why the Lions are going to grab him at #2 ahead of such prospects as Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, LaRon Landry.

As for Russell and Quinn they are simply the two best QBs in the draft. Either would be a HUGE improvement over Charlie Frye (who was after all not even good enough to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round -- and nothing he's done so far convinces anybody he's going to surpass expectations). If he had a decent OL, a good run game and better WRs to throw to, he might improve to average).

Leave a comment:

• TU_HurricaneDB
    replied
    Originally posted by trick
    1.Oakland- JaMarcus Russel, QB, LSU
    2.Detriot- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
    3.Cleveland- Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
    4.Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
    5.Arizona- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
    6.Washington- Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
    7.Minnesota- Laron Landry, S, LSU
    8.Houston- Reggie Nelson, S, Miami
    9.Miami- Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
    10.Atlanta- Chris Houston, CB, Houston
    11.San Fran- Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
    12.Buffalo- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
    13.St. Louis- Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
    14.Carolina- Pat Willis, LB, Ole Miss
    15.Pittsburgh- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
    16.Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
    17.Jacksonville- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    18.Cincinnati- Darelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
    19.Tennessee- Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
    20.New York Giants- Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida State
    21.Denver- Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
    22.Dallas- Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
    23.Kansas City- Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
    24.New England from (Seattle)- Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State
    25.New York Jets- Anthony Spencer, LB, Purdue
    26. Philadelphia- Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami
    27.New Orleans- Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
    28.New England- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
    29.Baltimore- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
    30.San Diego- Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
    31.Chicago- Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee
    32.Indianapolis- Jon Beason, LB, Miami

imo jarvis moss would be a great pick up

Ginn Jr., Brown and Peterson falling that far?

Houston, Nelson, McCauley, Griffin and Staley going that high?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    Don't kid yourself! If Joe Thomas were available at the #3 pick Cleveland would take him in a heart-beat and so would most of the teams in the NFL. He's a sure-fire can't miss LT who would anchor the Browns line for many years. Peterson is a good prospect, but Joe Thomas would keep Charlie Frye healthy. He could start immediately and with Stinchcomb he'd do more to help the Browns running attack than Peterson alone could ever do.

LT might not be a sexy pick and I wouldn't like the see the Broncos do that if they HAD traded up to #2, but the Broncos need serious help on the OL. The only other pick I'd take as Phil Savage would be Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell.

But, it's all academic. Thomas will be off the board at #2 to the Lions anyway. It doesn't look like the Lions will find anyone desparate enough for Calvin Johnson. to move up and give them multiple first round picks. So, they will sit still and take Thomas at #2.

Then the Browns will take Peterson and you'll be happy.
    JaMarcus Russell - lesson learned should be that having a good bowl game does not make you a good player. He is tall yea. But he isn't particularly mobile and I don't like the attitude I perceive from him.

Brady Quinn - He did a fine job beating on lesser teams in college but once he had to fight the fight that counted. You sure could count him out. Not a good prospect if you ask me.

Then, Joe Thomas. The Browns signed Kevin Shaffer to a large contract just last season to play LT. What kind of message do you think it will send to potential players if he leaves after just one year? Not a good message at all. Get depth at tackle. Not a person that will alienate your signees.

Leave a comment:

• speardog
    replied
    I would hate to see SD get Ginn, Them having both Vincent Jackson and Ginn would set their WR corps up for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    That isn't a very good selection for the Browns anymore.

The Browns lack a RB for the future and Joe Thomas is not a RB. Adrian Peterson is a running back however. Jamal Lewis was signed to a 1 Year Contract and has nobody behind him. Adrian Peterson would be the best situation as he would sit behind Lewis for one year allowing Lewis to receive the hits as he pounds the ball for one season. Then next season, Peterson would take over as starter until he too becomes too banged up to play. In the short run Peterson would be the best choice and the only choice as Lewis is signed to only a one year deal. Then in the second and third rounds the OL can be addressed with the drafting of at least 1 OT and 1 OG.
    Don't kid yourself! If Joe Thomas were available at the #3 pick Cleveland would take him in a heart-beat and so would most of the teams in the NFL. He's a sure-fire can't miss LT who would anchor the Browns line for many years. Peterson is a good prospect, but Joe Thomas would keep Charlie Frye healthy. He could start immediately and with Stinchcomb he'd do more to help the Browns running attack than Peterson alone could ever do.

LT might not be a sexy pick and I wouldn't like the see the Broncos do that if they HAD traded up to #2, but the Broncos need serious help on the OL. The only other pick I'd take as Phil Savage would be Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell.

But, it's all academic. Thomas will be off the board at #2 to the Lions anyway. It doesn't look like the Lions will find anyone desparate enough for Calvin Johnson. to move up and give them multiple first round picks. So, they will sit still and take Thomas at #2.

Then the Browns will take Peterson and you'll be happy.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    That isn't a very good selection for the Browns anymore.

The Browns lack a RB for the future and Joe Thomas is not a RB. Adrian Peterson is a running back however. Jamal Lewis was signed to a 1 Year Contract and has nobody behind him. Adrian Peterson would be the best situation as he would sit behind Lewis for one year allowing Lewis to receive the hits as he pounds the ball for one season. Then next season, Peterson would take over as starter until he too becomes too banged up to play. In the short run Peterson would be the best choice and the only choice as Lewis is signed to only a one year deal. Then in the second and third rounds the OL can be addressed with the drafting of at least 1 OT and 1 OG.

Leave a comment:

• Gulbrand
    replied
    Seems like all mocks have Russell going first. I don't think that is an absolute foregone conclusion. In fact, what would the draft look like if the Oakland took Joe Thomas first? Or maybe LaRon Landry? Or Peterson? Or (gasp!) Johnson? Would that change a few things? You bet it would.

Russell is a big guy with a lot of throwing strength. But he is slow in the pocket, and strikes me as immature. It may take a while for him to learn the NFL Game, and I don't think Oakland has that kind of time. Peterson would be a game changer with very little lead time to productivity. If I were Oakland, I'd take Peterson to get the rush off of Walter. Moreover, they can draft a QB a bit later and end up with a fairly serviceable QB with further training.

Everyone also seems to say that the Broncos need to get a DE in the first. Why? I would take the first, best S available, and then go DT in the second, and DT & DE in the third. Seems that would fix the D for time to come.....

In the later rounds, I would think a fellow like a Doug Free or such and maybe a LB. Most mocks - including those of "experts" - seem to be following pretty much the same pattern. And I just think it would be different if Oakland were thought to make a more realistic pick.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77
    Ginn Jr hasn't worked out for anyone, and because of his injury will probably not get to work out at all for teams before the draft....
    I'm pretty sure I read something that says Ginn Jr. plans on working out on April 11. I would have to try to find that story to double check, but I'm do believe he intends to do a work out before the draft.

Work out or not, there will probably be a team in the middle of the first round that will take him simply based on his body of work in college, which clearly demonstated his game speed.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by trick
    i think he was one of the names that fell out of 1st round that showed at the bottom but there was a little ad in the middle so i didn't go down that far sorry.

No don't be sorry, I was just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• lex
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights
    AP in 12th?
    With the Texans taking Reggie Nelson at 8?

Leave a comment:

• trick
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    What round is this mock predicting Johnson to go in? I don't see his name anywhere in the first unless I've just overlooked it.

i think he was one of the names that fell out of 1st round that showed at the bottom but there was a little ad in the middle so i didn't go down that far sorry.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    What round is this mock predicting Johnson to go in? I don't see his name anywhere in the first unless I've just overlooked it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X