Packers' Rogers not on trading block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers' Rogers not on trading block

So the Raiders are still probably going to draft Jemarcus Russell. Things can change from now up until draft day, but right now, the Packers are dismissing claims that Rogers is available for trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2803272

Packers GM insists QB Rodgers not on trading block
    Updated: March 18, 2007, 12:37 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Despite the rumors of a trade that would include Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss, Green Bay officials are dismissing the talk, according to a published report.

"It's never been discussed inside the building or outside the building," Green Bay General Manager Ted Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette when asked about the chances of a deal that would include Rodgers.

Rodgers was the Packers' first round pick (No. 24 overall) in the 2005 NFL draft and is expected to be Green Bay's quarterback of the future.

"I think [Aaron's] a very talented guy," Thompson said. "He's everything we thought of in terms of intelligence, and his physical ability, his ability to throw the ball. I like the way he handles himself around the team."

Last season, Rodgers completed six of 15 passes for 46 yards before breaking his left foot during a 35-0 loss to the New England Patriots on Nov. 19. Rodgers was placed on IR after the injury.

The former Cal QB is expected to back up veteran Brett Favre this season.
    sigpic

I would trade Rodgers.. he isn't going to be very good according to footballoutsider... and as I showed in my thing wit Cutler it is fairly accurate (as in really close to right on)
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
      I would trade Rodgers.. he isn't going to be very good according to footballoutsider... and as I showed in my thing wit Cutler it is fairly accurate (as in really close to right on)
      Well the Pack seem to be happy with him so it looks like he'll stay put...for now anyways.
      sigpic

Comment

We still may draft Calvin Johnson. I've seen Davis draft speed over necessity plenty of times early on then take necessity later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
          True, but who really expected Tom Brady to become who he is today?

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
            We still may draft Calvin Johnson. I've seen Davis draft speed over necessity plenty of times early on then take necessity later in the day.
            Anything is possible. With the No. 1 selection, the Raiders have the ultimate choice of who they want.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
              Anything is possible. With the No. 1 selection, the Raiders have the ultimate choice of who they want.
              Very true. I really hope we draft calvin johnson. The guy is gonna be a monster in the league, assuming he stays healthy. Passing on him would be like the texans passing on bush.
              "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                Very true. I really hope we draft calvin johnson. The guy is gonna be a monster in the league, assuming he stays healthy. Passing on him would be like the texans passing on bush.
                I'm just asking....

....but when was the last time a WR was taken as a #1 pick that turned out being a great pick?
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
                  Very true. I really hope we draft Calvin Johnson. The guy is gonna be a monster in the league, assuming he stays healthy. Passing on him would be like the Texans passing on bush.
                  I don't think it's exactly the same because the Texans took a DE and right now it looks like the Raiders will still be taking an offensive weapon.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    I don't think it's exactly the same because the Texans took a DE and right now it looks like the Raiders will still be taking an offensive weapon.
                    Raiders will draft Jamarcus Russell,everyone in Oakland knows this already.

Also,theirs talks that Denver has worked out a deal with the Lions to select Calvin Johnson,and to trade him to Denver for our 21st pick,and players to be named later.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy

Also,theirs talks that Denver has worked out a deal with the Lions to select Calvin Johnson,and to trade him to Denver for our 21st pick,and players to be named later.
                      Says who?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy

Really? Do you have article you could share with us? Because would definitely be interested in reading how they that's suppose to work out.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Any ideas on who this unnamed player may be? I assume there aren't too many positions we could afford to give someone up from, unless of course we do get Calvin, they we could let go of a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                            It's hard to turn down that kind of talent, so *gasp* I wouldn't be able to call Al an idiot if he did end up drafting CJ.
                            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                              Says who?
                              Says the Evil Monkey that lives in my closet.
                              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Working...
                              X