Gold for Briggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold for Briggs?

I like Ian Gold, dont get me wrong. and i do think Gold,Wilson,Williams is a killer trio but......

If we trade Ian Gold to the Bears for Pro-Bowler Lance Briggs it will not only be great for our overall defense but great for our linebacking core

Then we will move D.J. back to weakside and have Briggs hold down the strongside

Bailey+Bly+Lynch+Foxworth+Hamlin (who we need to get)+Williams+Wilson+Briggs+Okoye (we should draft him)+Bates= A Killer Defense
    sigpic

denver has the best LB core in the league.....

the only thing denver needs on defense is two good pass rushers on the ends.....thats all.....
    "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
    -The best in the business-

Comment

You want to trade for Briggs. Make him one of the highest paid LBs in the league and then move him to SAM and put DJ at WILL?

Then you want to sign Ken Hamlin, whom will demand a very heavy contract.

Then...you want to trade up in the draft to get Amobi Okoye.

Why not throw in world peace too?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        You want to trade for Briggs. Make him one of the highest paid LBs in the league and then move him to SAM and put DJ at WILL?

Then you want to sign Ken Hamlin, whom will demand a very heavy contract.

Then...you want to trade up in the draft to get Amobi Okoye.

Why not throw in world peace too?
        Officer: Simpson, what do you want most in life?
        Homer: Peas........
        Officer: Yes, we all want peace, but how do you get it?
        Homer: With a knife *grabs peas with knife*
        Officer: I like the way you think Simpson!

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27
          I like Ian Gold, dont get me wrong. and i do think Gold,Wilson,Williams is a killer trio but......

If we trade Ian Gold to the Bears for Pro-Bowler Lance Briggs it will not only be great for our overall defense but great for our linebacking core

Then we will move D.J. back to weakside and have Briggs hold down the strongside

Bailey+Bly+Lynch+Foxworth+Hamlin (who we need to get)+Williams+Wilson+Briggs+Okoye (we should draft him)+Bates= A Killer Defense
          you forget + Super Bowl

Comment

I'm all for it, but Briggs is gonna want a huge long-term contract. I say keep Gold and look for help in the Draft. I like Briggs but we just don't have the cap to sign another big time player. And trading Gold does not help our cap either.

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27

Umm you can pay for Brigg's contract then alright?

Comment

you'd never get briggs for JUST gold

no way in the world.
                sigpic

Comment

Well . . .

From what I hear, Briggs is unhappy because Urlacher is "the man." Briggs seems
                  to want to be "the man." Here, Shanahan is "the man." No one else gets that
                  status. I'm not sure we would end up with a happy camper.

-----

Comment

If I am not mistaken, Lance Briggs is a weakside linebacker. He is too small to play SAM, just like Gold. No reason to overpay for what we already have

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84
                      If I am not mistaken, Lance Briggs is a weakside linebacker. He is too small to play SAM, just like Gold. No reason to overpay for what we already have
                      Well, no . . . Briggs is about 6-0 and between 245 and 250, which is larger than
                      Al Wilson, Ray Lewis, or Zach Thomas, all MLBs. It doesn't seem size would be a
                      problem. As I implied in my previous post, my concern would be what is going on
                      above the shoulders, not below.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                        Well, no . . . Briggs is about 6-0 and between 245 and 250, which is larger than
                        Al Wilson, Ray Lewis, or Zach Thomas, all MLBs. It doesn't seem size would be a
                        problem. As I implied in my previous post, my concern would be what is going on
                        above the shoulders, not below.

-----
                        I think that I read somewhere, I am thinking Pro Football Talk, that Briggs plays at about 220. I cannot access that site from work, but I am pretty sure that is where I read that. He may be listed at 240, but probably does not play at that weight.

Either way, I would not want to make this move

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84
                          Yes he is a Will and would throw a fit if asked to play Sam. He is not too small just as Gold is not to small (he played Sam at TB).

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by konnorrollison
                            you forget + Super Bowl
                            oops i almost forgot

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS
                            sigpic

Comment

oh my god not again

Comment