Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Marshawn Lynch falls into our laps the Broncos should...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Marshawn Lynch falls into our laps the Broncos should...

We already got Travis Henry and big needs on the defensive front... what do you think, Lynch makes it worth anyway?

Travis Henry doesnt seem to be the great monster for the Broncos offence.

RB's get injuried in the most random moments.

Honestly, I like more Mike Bell.

If he falls to 21, thats what in NFL is known as a steal.

I think its a good question.
    take something else
    38.67%
    take him
    21.33%
    take a DE (even if thats Jarvis Moss or Charles Adams or Quentin Moses)
    40.00%

would be horrible.. either a wasted pick or a waste of signing henry...henry is a bowling ball for a runer and just what the broncod offense needs.. they signed him so they didnt have to draft a rb on the first day.
    sigpic
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by Tour
      How can you honestly say this .... Henry hasn't ran one snap behind that offense and personally I think he is perfect for our system.

Sure I would like to have Lynch for depth but I think we can find quality depth later in the draft and use our 1st on something more of a need. My wish list includes Reggie Nelson (longshot) or Jarvis Moss!
      sigpic

Comment

IMO if lynch falls to 21 then theres something wrong bcuzz green bay n buffalo need a RB worse than we do...i say we still draft a DE 1st rd

Comment

I think if Shanahan wanted to draft a rookie in round 1 he wouldn't have signed a feature back in free agency. Defensive line and safty are the biggest question marks and need to be addressed on day one

Comment

Originally posted by Tour
            We already got Travis Henry and big needs on the defensive front... what do you think, Lynch makes it worth anyway?

RB's get injuried in the most random moments.

Honestly, I like more Mike Bell.

If he falls to 21, thats what in NFL is known as a steal.

I think its a good question.
            Travis Henry not good in our system?

The man had 1200 yards for the damn Titans last season and to be here where any runningback is almost gauranteed success is a very very good thing and we already signed Henry to a lengthy contract and drafting a RB in the first round would be a very unwise decision.

Comment

This idea is silly. Sorry if you want Lynch, which I did before the signing of Henry; but a) green bay or buffalo will take him before he gets to 21; and b) we don't need him. We need Carriker at 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck Bronco
                This idea is silly. Sorry if you want Lynch, which I did before the signing of Henry; but a) green bay or buffalo will take him before he gets to 21; and b) we don't need him. We need Carriker at 21.
                Carriker = Top 10

Comment

Well if there are any known teams below us that want him we can take him and use him as a trade barter. Or we can hold out on teh clokc to see if any teams wnat to trade up to get him. Him being available at our pick is a bit inane right now though with GB needing an RB.
                  sigpic
                  PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                  You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                    Carriker = Top 10
                    Well, he might be available at 11 or 12, but not 21.

Shanahan might want to trade up, but I don't know that he'll be able to get into the top 10, which he would need to do to be sure of Carriker.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck Bronco

Carriker will not get by 49ers.....

Comment

MarShawn will not get drafted by the Broncos, the Travis Henry signing all but sewed that one up....

If somehow the Broncos can get ahold of Adrian Peterson (highly unlikely) he will be the only RB the Broncos will target in the 1st round....

I believe that Shanny will take a back, but it will be in the 3rd round or later - the Broncos didn't go and pay Travis Henry 12 million in guarantees for nothing, they believe he is a back capable of carrying the load for the next 3 years or so....

His age makes me a little bit skepticle, thus the reason I would have prefered a rookie RB, however, with as much as the draft is a crapshoot, Travis Henry looks to be the safer choice than say a Lynch, Irons, Pittman, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos have two Henry's in the backfield this season kind of like the Bell's from last season....
                        I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

we got travis henry who is an outstanding number one guy and mike bell who is a good number 2 guy. we dont need no marshawn lynch!!!
                          GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                            Well, he might be available at 11 or 12, but not 21.

Shanahan might want to trade up, but I don't know that he'll be able to get into the top 10, which he would need to do to be sure of Carriker.
                            You know that I meant he would be way out of our reach with the 21st pick.

Or maybe you didn't.

Comment

Henry is a top 10 RB. It is just a fact not my opinion. Every year the guy has started he has been top 10 in the NFL. He has less wear and tear and should last 4 years and be good during that time. Why draft a rookie that will be a FA in 5 years?

If you want to take a RB take Leonard, who can catch and block and be our 3rd down back.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X