Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Marshawn Lynch falls into our laps the Broncos should...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait until nextyearand trade up for Darren mcFadden

Comment

here's the best way to answer this question-- with a draft board. . . this is jsut real quick off the top of my head, but IF we stay at #21 (which is very much in doubt), my personal board would look something like this. . .

1. jarvis moss
      2. reggie nelson
      3. joe staley
      4. justin harrell
      5. michael griffin
      6. anthony spencer
      7. ben grubbs
      8. charles johnson
      9. robert meachem
      10. marshawn lynch
      11. arron ross

obviously, that's assuming that carriker and branch are off the board, and that we don't make any more moves between now and the draft. . . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Henry is little and old...Marshawn all day if this situation were to happen. But if Michael Griffin and Carriker were on the board Id be slightly upset... I mean, Marshawn is great and all, but there are RBs out there.

Comment

Have you guys learned nothing? You think just because we have a couple running backs, Shanahan might skip on one he loves?

Just like how we had no need for a QB when Jake was coming off a pro bowl season? And don't forget that Shanny collects RBs like Gruden collects QBs...

If the last ten years have taught me ANYTHING, it's that you can NEVER guess what Shanahan is going to do, period. I would not be surprised at all if we drafted a rb, wr, te, ol, dl, lb, or db with our first pick. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up and I wouldn't be surprised if we traded down.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I'd rather see Denver take Jarrett or Ginn than ML, although I don't think Lynch would be a bad pick at #21. I'm still not enamored by Denver's RB depth.

I see lots of people demanding D-line to be taken in with the first-rounder. Understandable, but consider the fact that there are good prospects to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and if you have a great talent like a Nelson, Ginn, Jarrett, etc. Why not pull the trigger? But I do agree that if a franchise defensive end like Charles Johnson, Adam Carriker, or Jarvis Moss is on the board at 21, you take one of them.

Comment

If Lynch is there at 21 I donno what I would think. From a value perspective it is fantastic but we don't need him anymore with the Henry signing and thne Bell behind him.... I say dangle the pick if we could and get someone and trade down a few spots possibly (not a ton but a few)

Either way I am hoping we address OT (based on waht we think of Pears) S or DT (if Branch slips... doubtfull but IF) If no player of value is there at 21 (I have very strong feelins someone of value will be at those three) then I say we trade down
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

only if bell or henry is packaged in some kind of draft day trade.

i was probablly the biggest supporter of getting this guy but now i think by us adding henry it kinda voids the need.

i mean our biggest overall need is LDE....there's no other position that is hurting this bad. we must burn our first overall pick at this position.

officially im on the draft up a few spots and grab carriker band wagon now.
                sigpic

Comment

Denver will not invest in a first-rounder running back after signing Henry.

Comment

I would take a pass rusher. Henry is just what the doctor ordered to fix the running woes. If we get a RB in the draft, it should be in the 3rd round or later for depth. I used to be on the Lynch bandwagon but when we got Henry, I jumped off. Maybe Lynch will turn out to be a great one, but as it stands now, we need a pass rusher a lot more than we need a RB.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                      Denver will not invest in a first-rounder running back after signing Henry.
                      I recall Denver spending a high second on Clinton Portis, when we had T.D. and Mike Anderson ready to go...

I put nothing above Shanahan...

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                        I recall Denver spending a high second on Clinton Portis, when we had T.D. and Mike Anderson ready to go...

I put nothing above Shanahan...
                        You recall wrong. Davis retired that off-season and Mike Anderson sucked the year before Portis came.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                          You know that I meant he would be way out of our reach with the 21st pick.

Or maybe you didn't.
                          I wasn't suggesting you thought he'd be there at #21. Unless the GMs know something the public is not aware of at this point, he probably won't get past S.F. at #11, unless they decide to take Okoye instead (assuming he's there). But, if S.F. passes, there are plenty of teams before #21 ready to grab him and Pittsburgh and Carolina would be happy to oblige, if the Rams didn't strike first.

He's just too good and there are too many teams between #10 and #21 to have much hope he'll fall that far.

Now, if he gets caught at the airport with an "Original Whizzinator"?. . . .
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                            I wasn't suggesting you thought he'd be there at #21. Unless the GMs know something the public is not aware of at this point, he probably won't get past S.F. at #11, unless they decide to take Okoye instead (assuming he's there). But, if S.F. passes, there are plenty of teams before #21 ready to grab him and Pittsburgh and Carolina would be happy to oblige, if the Rams didn't strike first.

He's just too good and there are too many teams between #10 and #21 to have much hope he'll fall that far.

Now, if he gets caught at the airport with an "Original Whizzinator"?. . . .

cug!! you wouldn't plant evidence, would you?

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

You'd be crazy to take Lynch (who, in my mind, isn't good enough to justify a BPA pick like that) when we've already got Henry and Bell (a more than serviceable pair).

It just doesn't compute.

Comment

Working...
                              X