What about lower round picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about lower round picks?

Okay, I've seen enough mock drafts with JaMarcus Russell and Joe Thomas. It's always gonna be the same guys. As for the Broncos, I hope they take Levi Brown or Jonathan Blalock in the first round, then a DE or DT from a major school in the 2nd.

But what about the lower-round draft picks? I'd like to see the Broncos get their hands on:

LaRon McLain, 260-lb fullback from Alabama. Fills a need for a short-yardage gainer.

Jon Cornish, tailback, Kansas. Top rusher in the Big 12 last season. Was the top rusher in the Senior Bowl.

Daniel Sepulveda, punter, Baylor. Good average, consistent, All-American.

Chris Leak, QB, Florida. Mobile, makes good decisions, accurate passer, change-of-pace from those statues the Broncos have now.

Josh Wilson, CB-KR, Maryland. One of the top returners in the nation last year. Played well at corner in the senior bowl.

DL - Tim Crowder/Jay Moore if they take a DT in the 2nd, or Paul Soliai if they take a DE in the 2nd.

Other players I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos take in the later rounds:

Jerome Kemp, safety, Kansas, started last two years on defense that two years ago was ranked in the top five in the nation. In the right place at the right time.

Yamon Figurs, KR/WR, Kansas State. Fastest guy at the NFL combine this year. Would be a great kick returner and a playmaker on offense. Rather small, though.

David Ochoa, C/G, Kansas. Started last two seasons, 2nd team all-big-12
    Bob Whitaker, OL, Kansas. Started last two seasons. Honorable mention all big-12. Big dude.
    Joel Filani, WR, Texas Tech. Caught tons of passes at Tech. Don't know if he can get open in the NFL, but he can catch the pass.

Melvin Bullitt, DB, Texas A&M. Played on a pretty good A&M team.
    C.J. Ah Yuh, DL, Oklahoma.
    Renardo Foster, OT, Louisville, all big-east brute
    Kurt Quarterman, OG, Louisville, all big-east brute
    Erik Wicks, S, West Virginia (if he's in the draft), all big-east
    Cameron Stephenson, G, Rutgers, second team all big-east
    Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame

toothpick...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
      toothpick...
      who? yamon figurs?

if not, then i really prefer floss.

as to the topic, i dont think we need any more qbs, punters, or rbs really.. use what picks we have on positions we need.. even late round picks can be gems, so don't stack positions like rb with more players when we already have 3 capable. i too like figurs, but don't know about most of those other guys.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Yamon Figurs

Just wanted to give you a little info on Yamon Figurs. I played and was a student coach with Yamon at Garden City Community College. He was red shirted his Freshman year because he couldn't catch. Originally came to GCCC for track (of course). I remember being 5 yds apart from him and just drilling him with passes. I also was a student coach while he was up at K-state. He has improved drastically every year he has played football. I would like to see him as a kick returner/punt returner. I also hope he gets drafted in the 6th or 7th round. Don't see him any higher than that. Don't want to sale him short, but he will never play wide receiver in the NFL. Hope he has a long career as a returner.
        Last edited by KSUBronco; 03-19-2007, 10:27 PM. Reason: Needs Title
        :thumb: God is Good! All the Time!
        All the Time! God is Good!
        :thumb:

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Comment

A late round or URFA Trey Lewis, a Div II DT, he has good speed for being 310+ lbs and improved every year in college and made plays for his team.

Comment

Working...
          X