How about this 3 Time Pro Bowler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this 3 Time Pro Bowler

What about Safety Sammy Knight? He is 31 but a 3 time pro bowler and i think he still has something to offer...He was supposed to make 2 mil next season with the chiefs and i think he would be a step up and provide more veteran leadership.

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

Yea I say we should take a look see, he was very good with the saints and the fish. but is olddd

Comment

No. For the love of god, no. The Chiefs cut him. We really want the Chief's defensive garbage? No. He's no good.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkana7
        No. For the love of god, no. The Chiefs cut him. We really want the Chief's defensive garbage? No. He's no good.

Actually he is pretty good. Everytime I watch him play he is always around the ball.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp
          Actually he is pretty good. Everytime I watch him play he is always around the ball.
          but with the chiefs porous defense do you think they would cut someone valuble for a measly 2 mil
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
            but with the chiefs porous defense do you think they would cut someone valuble for a measly 2 mil
            The Chiefs "porous" defense that was hardly any worse than the Broncos defense?

And yes, we would cut somebody valuable if we have somebody better than him. Knight and his agent told the Chiefs that if he didn't figure into there plans to start this year then they should release him. We already have our young talented starters with Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
              The Chiefs "porous" defense that was hardly any worse than the Broncos defense?

And yes, we would cut somebody valuable if we have somebody better than him. Knight and his agent told the Chiefs that if he didn't figure into there plans to start this year then they should release him. We already have our young talented starters with Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard.
              putting alot of pressure on these late round picks though, arent you?

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

no thx besides i don't think he would be much better then ferguson and ferguson is a little younger.

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

Originally posted by TheFuture6
                  putting alot of pressure on these late round picks though, arent you?
                  What late round pick, Jarrad Page?

The only reason he was a late round pick was because he had also been drafted several times by MLB teams so there was a big question whether he would play football or not. Not to mention, considering he played baseball for most of his career at UCLA he also missed out on spring and summer practices for football. Page would have been a first day pick if he had concentrated solely on football.

Considering Page had 4 in the regular season and the playoffs (picked off Peyton Manning once) I think Page is very ready for a starting role. The Chiefs think so too. B

Bernard Pollard was not as ready as a rookie but he did get in on goalline packages and showed some skill in coverage. I completely expect him to start at some point this season, perhaps from opening day.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Page and Pollard are both very good, young, tough safeties. I would love to have Pollard on my team.

Knight gives us nothing we don't already have.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                      Page and Pollard are both very good, young, tough safeties. I would love to have Pollard on my team.

Knight gives us nothing we don't already have.
                      Exactly, if Shanahan is intent on getting a safety he might draft one.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by hellomrwilson56
                        What about Safety Sammy Knight? He is 31 but a 3 time pro bowler and i think he still has something to offer...He was supposed to make 2 mil next season with the chiefs and i think he would be a step up and provide more veteran leadership.
                        Nope. He didn't play well for the Chiefs... why would we want to bring him in? What would he give us that we don't already have?

Comment

I agree. Knight is not a good fit for the Broncos. Why sign another overaged safety when that is pretty much all you already have? You guys need to draft one.

Comment

Too much of a stretch for it to workout

Comment

How about this 3 Time Pro Bowler?

How about NO.

Comment

Working...
                              X