Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updated nfldc mock

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
    has us taking jarvis moss even though reggie nelson drops to our pick. i'd be

p.s. this is the 1st thread i've ever started.. probably a duplicate and i'm going to get chastised

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

not bad for a 1st thread. yeah id be pissed too because i dont like jarvis moss at all. i really would hate if we picked him up with our 1st. nelson is a much better talent and we are in need of a safety anyway. even if nelson is off th board id still hate us to pick him up.
    sigpic

Comment

If Carriker falls to 17 i would hope we would trade up by then and take him. That guy is legit, and would be better than Moss could ever hope to be.

Nice first thread ever dude!
      sigpic

Comment

yeah me too. even if nelson is gone i'd like to take a lot of guys before moss.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

Comment

Moss is boss. He will be a great pass-rusher in the pros. I would love it if Denver drafted him. He's like a Jevon Kearse, he just needs to get stronger, and he will.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorebronco
            If Carriker falls to 17 i would hope we would trade up by then and take him. That guy is legit, and would be better than Moss could ever hope to be.
            I wouldn't be upset if we gave up one of our 3rds to move up for Carriker either. same for nelson. even though carriker is a playmaker, carriker seems like a sexier pick to me. i'd be more excited. would be smiling big either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
              http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
              has us taking jarvis moss even though reggie nelson drops to our pick. i'd be

p.s. this is the 1st thread i've ever started.. probably a duplicate and i'm going to get chastised
              A pass rusher is more important than a safety. I would be angry if Shanahan took Nelson over Moss. We don't need to take a safety until the 3rd round.
              Last edited by broncolee; 03-22-2007, 02:59 PM.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                A pass rusher is more important than a safety. I would be angry if Shanahan to Nelson over Moss. We don't need to take a safety until the 3rd round.
                I agree with you that it's more important, but after landry, nelson, griffin, and merriweather the saftey position takes a big drop and the value of nelson at 21 is much greater than moss at 21. i just like nelson a lot and don't like moss' 1-dimensionality.

Comment

i haven't seen much of jarvis moss, on the other hand i've watched so much reggie nelson tape to know that this guy will bring it every day.

i also saw that texas cornerback aaron ross is going ahead of chris houstan arkansas not sure if ross goes before houstan

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

I agree with you that it's more important, but after landry, nelson, griffin, and merriweather the saftey position takes a big drop and the value of nelson at 21 is much greater than moss at 21. i just like nelson a lot and don't like moss' 1-dimensionality.
                    ScoutsInc ranks Reggie Nelson 30th overall and Jarvis Moss 21st overall

NFLdraftscout.com ranks Nelson 20th overall and Moss 31st overall

Neither one is in Mel Kiper's top 25

Based on these rankings, the two are pretty much a toss up and we need a pass rusher a lot more than we need a safety.

Moss can probably add some bulk and strength so he can contribute against the run. His height and current weight are similar to Jason Taylor.

Anthony Spencer is another viable option at the 21st pick.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

ScoutsInc ranks Reggie Nelson 30th overall and Jarvis Moss 21st overall

NFLdraftscout.com ranks Nelson 20th overall and Moss 31st overall

Neither one is in Mel Kiper's top 25

Based on these rankings, the two are pretty much a toss up and we need a pass rusher a lot more than we need a safety.

Moss can probably add some bulk and strength so he can contribute against the run. His height and current weight are similar to Jason Taylor.

All that just makes me believe that moving down would be best, moving up would be 2nd best option, and staying put would flat out suck.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I'd much rather us take Spencer than Moss. He gives us 2 dimensions from the start, and I don' t think he's far behind moss at all when it comes to rushing the passer.

Even though he's projected later than moss, i'd much happier taking spencer with nelson still available then taking moss with nelson still available.

Comment

I agree with you that it's more important, but after landry, nelson, griffin, and merriweather the saftey position takes a big drop
                          Depends on which safety position you need to address. If we're talking FS, then yes, there is a drop after the top 3-4 prospects (depending on how you rate Meriweather). However, if you need a strong safety you might want to take a close look at some of the "2nd tier" guys as well, as they might provide better bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk
                            Depends on which safety position you need to address. If we're talking FS, then yes, there is a drop after the top 3-4 prospects (depending on how you rate Meriweather). However, if you need a strong safety you might want to take a close look at some of the "2nd tier" guys as well, as they might provide better bang for your buck.
                            that's very true, but i think our need is greater at FS. lynch can still be an effective in the box SS, we need a guy to roam the field deep and help bailey and (hopefully) bly over the top. I really like some of the safteys that will be available later and would not be upset if we take DL early and grabe one (weddle) a little later.

Comment

Us taking the speed CB in the 3th round insted the S/LB tweener... love it!.

Comment

Working...
                              X