Draft Day Surprise Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day Surprise Predictions

What are your surprise predictions on draft day? I think Shanny will trade Bly and move into the top 15. I also predict that Oakland will select Quinn and Jemarcus Russell wont be in the top 5. These are unlikely scenerio's but that's why they are surprises. What's yours?

many are saying Adrian Peterson won't fall in the top 10... It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
      many are saying Adrian Peterson won't fall in the top 10... It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
      I guarantee he wont get past the Texans. After the whole Bush thing last year, they had better not pass on a home grown product.

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
        I predict Cleveland.

Comment

It may not be a huge suprise, but I think Ben Grubbs, the OG from Auburn, will end up in the first round, similar to what Chris Spencer did with Seattle a couple of years back.

I also would not be suprised to see him land in Denver at No. 21.

The Broncos never like to play rookies on the O-Line, and Grubbs could be earmarked for the LG spot in 2008, after Nalen (who I believe will be playing out his final year in Denver in '07) retires or is released. Hamilton would then move to his natural position at Center, and Grubbs would step in at LG. With Montrae Holland at RG, that would give the Broncos the most physical presence they have had on the O-Line at G since the days of Mark Schlereth and Brian Habib.

Comment

Originally posted by Downhill Runner
            It may not be a huge suprise, but I think Ben Grubbs, the OG from Auburn, will end up in the first round, similar to what Chris Spencer did with Seattle a couple of years back.

The Broncos never like to play rookies on the O-Line, and Grubbs could be earmarked for the LG spot in 2008, after Nalen (who I believe will be playing out his final year in Denver in '07) retires or is released. Hamilton would then move to his natural position at Center, and Grubbs would step in at LG. With Montrae Holland at RG, that would give the Broncos the most physical presence they have had on the O-Line at G since the days of Mark Schlereth and Brian Habib.

The Broncos need a tackle more than a guard. I'm not confident in Eric Pears as a starter and Matt Lepsis is getting pretty old. The Broncos are fine at guard with Hamilton and Carlisle.

Comment

I would love a pick on the offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
                The Broncos need a tackle more than a guard. I'm not confident in Eric Pears as a starter and Matt Lepsis is getting pretty old. The Broncos are fine at guard with Hamilton and Carlisle.

Well, once again, that is your opinion. Shanahan and Co. may disagree.

Shanahan is on record as saying he was severly disappointed with the O-Line and their inability to drive the SF 49ers off the ball when the Broncos stalled twice on the goal-line and settled for FG's, which ultimately cost the team the win and teir Playoff berth.

I think Montrae Holland was the first indication of that, and I would not be suprised to see Grubbs as the second.

Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Well, once again, that is your opinion. Shanahan and Co. may disagree.

Shanahan is on record as saying he was severly disappointed with the O-Line and their inability to drive the SF 49ers off the ball when the Broncos stalled twice on the goal-line and settled for FG's, which ultimately cost the team the win and teir Playoff berth.

I think Montrae Holland was the first indication of that, and I would not be suprised to see Grubbs as the second.

Just throwing it out there.

Very good point, the O-line did look like crap for the 2nd half of the season as well. But...why Ben Grubbs instead of Justin Blalock? Blalock could play RT as well as guard, and seems to be the "nastier" player. Or do you think he will be gone?

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    What are your surprise predictions on draft day? I think Shanny will trade Bly and move into the top 15. I also predict that Oakland will select Quinn and Jemarcus Russell wont be in the top 5. These are unlikely scenerio's but that's why they are surprises. What's yours?
                    i think the chargers may trade this guy on draft day - http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v...1idt5_turnburn
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
                      Very good point, the O-line did look like crap for the 2nd half of the season as well. But...why Ben Grubbs instead of Justin Blalock? Blalock could play RT as well as guard, and seems to be the "nastier" player. Or do you think he will be gone?

I think of it the same as taking a LT over a RT. True LG's are harder to come by, and Grubbs is very athletic, and anchored a great running game at Auburn.

To me, Blaylock is a big, slow plodder in the mold of Vernon Carey that the Dolphins took in Rd 1 a few years back. He is a huge RG and nothing else. But we signed Montrae Holland to play RG, so to me Blaylock is not a player that would fill a need.

Grubbs is a proven, athletic commodity at the LG position, and in my opinion a better fit for the Broncos Offense.

So just call this an educated guess, because I can guarantee you Shanahan is not calling me up to discuss his thoughts

Comment

Broncos wont pick in the first round. They will trade out of the round with the Falcons for the 39th and 44th pick. Steep price to pay for Falcons but 2 first round picks can address many areas of need.

Broncos have 3 second round picks

39th Anthony Spencer - DE - Purdue
                        44th Brandon Merriweather - S - Miami
                        56th Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida

3rd Round

70th Aundre Allison - WR - East Carolina
                        86th Ryan Harris - OT - Notre Dame

6th Round

161st - Danny Ware - RB - Georgia

7th Round

214th- Brian Daniels - G - Colorado
                        A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                          Broncos wont pick in the first round. They will trade out of the round with the Falcons for the 39th and 44th pick. Steep price to pay for Falcons but 2 first round picks can address many areas of need.

Broncos have 3 second round picks

39th Anthony Spencer - DE - Purdue
                          44th Brandon Merriweather - S - Miami
                          56th Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida

3rd Round

70th Aundre Allison - WR - East Carolina
                          86th Ryan Harris - OT - Notre Dame

6th Round

161st - Danny Ware - RB - Georgia

7th Round

214th- Brian Daniels - G - Colorado
                          Ah, I can see you have the ol' crystal ball fired up....

One problem, though, no way Spencer drops out of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey
                            i think the chargers may trade this guy on draft day - http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v...1idt5_turnburn
                            To whom? And for what?

PS. those powder blue jerseys are my favorite ones that the chargers wear. To bad you guys didn't make the new jersey that one permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by jlarsiii
                              To whom? And for what?

PS. those powder blue jerseys are my favorite ones that the chargers wear. To bad you guys didn't make the new jersey that one permanently.
                              i don't know to whom but i think the gm is going to pull the trigger on a deal for a latter 1st, early to mid 2nd or a body on draft day , just a feeling. i like the idea of keeping him too even if it's just a 1 year insurance policy, i just think some team is going to make our GM an offer he can't resist for turner on draft day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X