Dream Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Draft

I'll throw in my dream draft here, assuming the Broncos keep the positions they have now:

1. Jonathan Blalock, G/T, Texas
    I just don't see any way around it. The Broncos need instant help on the offensive line and don't need instant help anywhere else. Remember how they couldn't score any points in the first half of the season? The starting defense was certainly not the problem. In the second half of the season, the offense improved but that was generally against lesser defenses. The only elite lineman available at #21 is Blalock. Every other lineman available at that point is a developmental prospect and not going to provide instant help.

2. DE - Tim Crowder, Quentin Moses, Best Defensive End Available
    DT is another possibility, but the weakness of the Broncos 4-3 was pass rush and protecting the end of the line.

3a. RB - Laron McLain, Alabama
    The Broncos need a big-bull runner for short yardage situations. McLain weighs 260 pounds.

3b. Aaron Rouse, Safety
    Having taken care of their immediate needs, the Broncos can draft pretty much who they want/BPA at this point. It'd be nice to draft a safety as a future replacement for Lynch, Ferguson, Brandon and company, but will there be any great safeties available at this point? I doubt it. Tanard Jackson, Aaron Rouse, maybe.

4. Chris Leak, QB, Florida
    He's an accurate passer, mobile and a winner. He's also not highly regarded by the draftniks, kind of like Elvis Dumervil. He could be a steal as a backup QB in the fourth round.

5. Daniel Sepulveda, punter, Baylor

6. Joel Filani, WR, Texas Tech, or Mike Walker, WR, UCF or Renato Foster, T, Louisville
    Filani and Walker have demonstrated in their college careers that they can do one thing many Bronco receivers have not been able to do in the NFL -- catch the ball!

No Offense, but this is more like a Nightmare, IMO

Comment

If you think that the Broncos dont need "instant help" DL, then Im sorry, but you dont know the Broncos

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

my perfect draft, well the first three rounds of it anyway would be

1. joe staley

2. brandom merriweather

3a. quentin moses or lamar woodley

3b. marcus thomas

Comment

Actually, as much as I like Moss and other DE's, if they can't be had @ 21 I don't mind the idea of Blalock. This is also only if they can't get a DT either.

I'd much rather upgrade the o-line, and more specifically the pass pro, than the safety position.

And yes! That does mean I'd rather see Denver take Blalock than Future Hall of Famer Reggie Nelson.

Comment

First of all, we don't need a bull runner. Just stick Cecil Capp or any other fullback in the backfield when we need it. That would be a wasted 3rd round pick.

QB? We just signed Patrick Ramsey as backup and don't need to carry a 3rd QB.

Punter? We have Ernster and Sauerbrun is looking to rejoin the team.

I dont mind the Mike Walker pick, if he will be there. But what was with that dumb comment about Bronco WR's not being able to catch? Ever heard of Lionel Taylor? Haven Moses? Rick Upchurch? Or is that too distant for you? Do you remember good ol Ed? Still too far back? Maybe you can remember Rod Smith?

Comment

Well, that was one mock draft that won't happen. Frankly, it was a bit off track, IMHO. Not even Hairboy would go with that one.

I am frantically pushing my sacrasm detection button, and it keeps coming back with: "You kidding me? NO freaking way!"

Comment

1. Jarvis Moss
                2. Brandon Merriweather
                3a. Marcus Thomas
                3b. Quinn Pitock
                sigpic

Comment

All I can say is: Don't quit your day job to become a draft guru anytime soon. when you say that we need instant help on the offensive line, I don't quite follow. True, it would be nice to draft a young tackle to groom to eventually replace lepsis, but an instant need it is not.
                  And then to say that we don't have any other instant needs is also off: how about DT, DE, and safety?
                  I do like Blalock though, if we could get him in the second, and Crowder in the 3rd would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFuture6
                    If you think that the Broncos dont need "instant help" DL, then Im sorry, but you dont know the Broncos
                    The Broncos defensive line wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. It was slightly better than mediocre, a little better than average. They need to generate a pass rush, no question, but they can survive without a first-round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by smilin'assassin
                      All I can say is: Don't quit your day job to become a draft guru anytime soon.
                      what if his dayjob is as a draft guru?

then he should definitley quit

(for reasons why the above statement was made, look to the posts before this one)

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                      We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by halfback
                        my perfect draft, well the first three rounds of it anyway would be

1. joe staley

2. brandom merriweather

3a. quentin moses or lamar woodley

3b. marcus thomas
                        That wouldn't be bad at all, although Staley supposedly has some rough edges.

Comment

seeing as how lepsis was undrafted and erik pears was a 7th round pick (and played pretty dang well considering) i don't think our system requires us to draft a LT that high.

sure, for most clubs, LT is worth spending a 1st round pick on, but denver has a good history (maybe it's because of the scheme we run) of picking up very good lineman in the later rounds.

with stronger needs on defense, i'd really prefer not to take OL with any of our 1st 3 picks. spend those on a DE, S, and DT in whatever order works best. that's me though...

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                          We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

i like this one way better...............http://www.drafttek.com/firstround.html

Comment

Pears wasn't drafted either!

Comment

Working...
                              X