Our biggest need is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our biggest need is?

I think our first couple of picks should address the DE position, and then the SS or LB position. I think Al's days with us are numbered. Sure, he was a tackling machine but THAT WAS IT! He never took over games like a Zach Thomas, Junior Seau,or Ray Lewis. If DJ moves to the middle, I think he could be a playmaker.
    With Champ,Dre,and Lynch in place, we need that ballhawking SS to complete the puzzle! The offense looks ready and with the draft, I think we can make the Charger's division run short-lived! GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Originally posted by DTL
    I think our first couple of picks should address the DE position, and then the SS or LB position. I think Al's days with us are numbered. Sure, he was a tackling machine but THAT WAS IT! He never took over games like a Zach Thomas, Junior Seau,or Ray Lewis. If DJ moves to the middle, I think he could be a playmaker.
    With Champ,Dre,and Lynch in place, we need that ballhawking SS to complete the puzzle! The offense looks ready and with the draft, I think we can make the Charger's division run short-lived! GO BRONCOS!!!!!
    IS that a problem???
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
      IS that a problem???
      I understand what you mean, but I think we need a "play maker".
      A LB who ocassionally has sacks,int's,FF's and recoveries. . . . .NOT just TACKLES!

Comment

But.. but.. Al was 99 in Madden!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBronco
          I usually edit Madden ratings and I edited Al to an "86" as a "run-stopping LB".

Comment

Originally posted by DTL
            I usually edit Madden ratings and I edited Al to an "86" as a "run-stopping LB".
            Nooooooooooo, hell hath frozen over!

Comment

I'm hearing many things, and they're not all adding up.

Coyer prefered to use the D-line to clog LoS (big reason Pryce wasn't happy here.) But last year, Coyer ALSO decide that blitzing was bad. So if the line isn't supposed to create penetration, and the LBs aren't blitzing...just WHO was supposed to be putting up big numbers?

A legit pass-rushing end would be great, as would a quality safety. But I think a lot of Denver's defensive woes from the second half stemmed from 1) poor scheme and coaching, and 2) an offense that couldn't keep them off the field (at least, not until Cutler was sent in.)

Let's see what happens with a more aggressive D and an offense that can generate points and field position.
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Posting a little more on topic:

The major areas of need are: (DE, S, LT), then DT. That first group of three are all about equal in need, but weight should be given to the value of players available. If, for example, Joe Staley is available at #21, that would be good value. If he's not available, then look at DE and S.

Sounds like DT should take a back seat for next years draft, although not ignored this year.
                "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Talant.

This years draft is looking good as far as good DE's, and Safeties. Both areas need to be addressed. As far as which is more important.....DE.

We drafted 3 corner backs 3 years ago. I won't be suprised if we draft 3 D-lineman with our first 3 picks.
                  sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad
                    This years draft is looking good as far as good DE's, and Safeties. Both areas need to be addressed. As far as which is more important.....DE.

We drafted 3 corner backs 3 years ago. I won't be suprised if we draft 3 D-lineman with our first 3 picks.
                    Great! We can go ahead and add them to the 10 DE's we already have on the roster!

Comment

I think our biggest need is a pass rush outside, however I think if we trade up it will be for Alan Branch at DT. Both DE and DT are huge needs for us.

DE, DT
                      S
                      WR
                      LB
                      OT
                      CB
                      RB
                      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Actually the Broncos biggest need is for an elite penetrating DT, but they won't be able to get one. I would expect them to pick up a DT (probably in the 2nd or 3rd round).

A good draft would be 1st round - DE, 2nd round DT, 3rd round - S or RB or LB or OT.

Those are really the only needs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pass Rush

We need a pass rush the most. With the secondary we have we need some rush to allow them to get turnovers off of hurried passes or tipped balls. But we definetlly need DT or DE. But with our staff if Nelson or Griffin are on the board at 21 then who knows what they'll do with the 1st rounder I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for Willis (LB) they have surprised us before. IMO we should get Jarvis Moss Or Carriker with#1 get T. Tyler with #2 and look for a diamond in the rough with the S position with one of our 3 rounders then after that late rounds will be adressing Shanny's offense maybe another surprising back Another T.D would be nice.

Comment

First Day

1.) An Run-stopping DT that can keep the QB from stepping up into a huge pocket

2.) A pass-rushing DE that can get to the QB consistantly and keep him on his toes (ala Trevor Pryce, despite his lack of sacks he pressured often. This doesn't mean I don't agree with the fiscal decision of cutting our ties with him)

3.) An OT that can help protect Cutler and give more push to the run game (Lepsis coming back from Injury, and aging and Erik Pears is a big ?)

4.) A playmaking Safety that provides significant help over the top to help our corners that are often left on Islands due to the aforementioned lack of pass rush

Second Day

5.) A reliable return threat. Quincy Morgan turned it on at the end of last season, and we have Domenix Hixon so our need may possibly have been filled with Hixon's returned. It's far from secure though. It's not all the KR or PR though, we had horrendous ST organization by the other players on the team and often left no seams for Darrent or Clark or whoever to make a move on. A change in the coaching staff at ST may have helped this.

5.) Wide Receivers that are proven threats outside of Javon. Marshall is a question mark but looks enticing. So did Watts and Lelie. All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Rod and Stokely are coming off an injury and nobody else is worth mentioning as a reliable receiver. The need is lesser though.

6.) A Fullback that can consistantly create blocking for the run game. Kyle Johnson and Cecil Sapp were inconsistant in that aspect last year. Paul Smith is likely not the answer either.

7.) Reliable depth in general. We had players go down last season and their replacements sometimes were not up to the task.

Will all these needs be filled? Probably not, but there has never been a perfect team in the NFL and all have their faults.

The ones that patch their and fix their weaknesses the best while utilizing their strengths are the ones that win SBs. Hopefully, we can do that.
                            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBronco

Wow!

That better be a joke

funny stuff

Comment