Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN.com says Mckinley is better than Myers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN.com says Mckinley is better than Myers!

So i was just looking around and sense there is pretty much nothing go on right now i figured i would post this lol!

On Espn.com's List of Free agents Alvin McKinley is quite a bit better than Michael Myers.

Name..............POS...F.A. Type.......Ht......Wt.....Exp...Old Team...New Team...Grade

Alvin McKinley..DT.......UFA............6-3.....294......7.......Browns......Broncos........ 66

Michael Myers..DT.......UFA............6-2.....300......9.......Broncos.........???........ ...59

Here are our other new guys!

Name..............POS....F.A. Type......Ht......Wt.....Exp....Old Team...New Team...Grade

Travis Henry.....RB....Released......5-9.....215......6.........Titans.......Broncos..... ...71

Daniel Graham..TE........UFA..........6-3......257.....5.........Patriots.....Broncos..... ..70

Brandon Stokley.WR.Released.....5-11....197.....8..........Colts........Broncos..... ..58

Patrick Ramsey..QB..Released.......6-2.....225......5.........NY Jets......Broncos.......54

Quincy Morgan..WR......UFA...........6-1.....215......6........Broncos......Broncos...... 53

Kenny Peterson..DE.....UFA...........6-3.....285......4.........Broncos......Broncos..... 48

Paul Smith..........RB......UFA..........5-11....237......7...........Rams........Broncos.... ..47

Grading scale

90-100: Elite Player
    Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. ... Premier NFL player who has all the skills to consistently play at a championship level. ... Rates as one of the top players at his position in the league.
    80-89: Outstanding Player
    Player has abilities to create mismatches versus most opponents in the NFL. ... A feature player who has an impact on the outcome of the game. ... Cannot be shut down by a single player and plays on a consistent level week in and week out.

70-79: Good Starter
    Solid starter who is close to being an outstanding player. ... Has few weaknesses and usually will win his individual matchup but does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the league.

60-69: Average Starter
    A valuable roster player but not a dominant player against the better players he faces on a weekly basis. ... Gives great effort and teams are glad to have him, but he may or may not go to the next level.

50-59: Good Backup
    This is a player who is really on the bubble and only starts because of a deficiency at the position. ... He lacks complete overall skills, and although he will battle, he will hinder his team's ability to play at a championship level if he is forced to be in the starting lineup consistently over a 16-game season. Teams don't mind having him on the roster but are always looking to upgrade.

40-49: Below Average Backup/Core Special Teamers
    Strictly a backup player who is not capable of starting. If forced to, he is only a short-term fix. ... He might make the roster because of special-teams contributions or experience. ... He is the type of player teams consistently look to replace with an upgrade. ... He always will be a borderline roster player.

30: Developmental Player
    Players with this grade have very little film to evaluate. Such players might flash potential in the preseason but don't have any regular-season performances to judge. they usually have very little experience but have to be tracked due to developmental potential.
    sigpic

I don't like how Travis Henry and Daniel Graham are 1-2 points away from "Average Starters". Graham may be a top 5 TE in the NFL after Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, and Algae Crumpler.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
      I don't like how Travis Henry and Daniel Graham are 1-2 points away from "Average Starters". Graham may be a top 5 TE in the NFL after Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, and Algae Crumpler.
      Yeah i know i was thinking the same thing however this might help a little!

Adalius Thomas was the top FA this year with a grade of 84

Nate Clements got a grade of 82

And Briggs got an 81

So as you can see i think grades of 71 & 70 are actually pretty good!

Henry was the 9th best UFA and Graham was the 11th so thats good too!
      sigpic

Comment

i agree. graham is very good, but they probably just had someone there look at stats and make ratings. graham's impact is mainly in his blocking, he just happens to also be a good reciever. his main impact isn't in his ability to catch, that's a bonus.

and henry has been above average behind below average lines. he will be a lot closer to elite or outstanding in denver.

and mckinley, even though an "upgrade" is still average. i don't even understand the mckinley signing, because a 300 lb guy doesn't fit into bate's scheme at all.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
        We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Graham a top 5 TE? No offense, but that is a severely homeristic statement.

1. Antonio Gates
          2. Tony Gonzalez
          3. Jeremy Shockey
          4. Kellen Winslow Jr.
          5. Todd Heap
          6. Alge Crumpler
          7. Chris Cooley
          8. Dallas Clark
          9. Randy McMichael
          10. Ben Watson

Those aren't necessarily the top 10 TEs in that order, but they are all significantly better than Daniel Graham. There are arguements for even more people as well.

Just because he is paid as a top 5 TE, does not make him one.

That said, Graham is good at what he does and what he will do for us, but he is certainly not a top 5 TE.
          sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
          Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
            Yeah i know i was thinking the same thing however this might help a little!

Adalius Thomas was the top FA this year with a grade of 84

Nate Clements got a grade of 82

And Briggs got an 81

So as you can see i think grades of 71 & 70 are actually pretty good!

Henry was the 9th best UFA and Graham was the 11th so thats good too!
            Thanks that is a whole lot better!
            Nate Clements is way overrated I bet Champ Bailey could even burn him playing WR.

Comment

I cant beleive k2 is on this list, at worst Daniel Graham is seventh in order
              [

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                Graham a top 5 TE? No offense, but that is a severely homeristic statement.

1. Antonio Gates
                2. Tony Gonzalez
                3. Jeremy Shockey
                4. Kellen Winslow Jr.
                5. Todd Heap
                6. Alge Crumpler
                7. Chris Cooley
                8. Dallas Clark
                9. Randy McMichael
                10. Ben Watson

Those aren't necessarily the top 10 TEs in that order, but they are all significantly better than Daniel Graham. There are arguements for even more people as well.

Just because he is paid as a top 5 TE, does not make him one.

That said, Graham is good at what he does and what he will do for us, but he is certainly not a top 5 TE.
                I think you are overlooking his blocking skills, he may be the best overall TE in the league with his elite blocking and above average catching ability.

Comment

I think you are overlooking his blocking skills, he may be the best overall TE in the league with his elite blocking and above average catching ability.
                  I know what his blocking skills are, and while a decent benefit, a top 5 TE it does not make.

The guys above aren't exactly putzes at blocking either, not a Graham's level, sure, but they are far from mediocre in that department.

I'll just say the above guys are game planned around, and that Daniel Graham won't be.
                  sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                    I know what his blocking skills are, and while a decent benefit, a top 5 TE it does not make.

The guys above aren't exactly putzes at blocking either, not a Graham's level, sure, but they are far from mediocre in that department.

I'll just say the above guys are game planned around, and that Daniel Graham won't be.
                    All the better for the Broncos then right?
                    We can take advantage of that weakness where New England never did.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
                      I cant beleive k2 is on this list, at worst Daniel Graham is seventh in order
                      Let me just put out there that had this guy remained a Patriot, or signed as a Seahawk/Raider or whatever other team was interested in him, nobody here would be saying: "Graham is a pending top 5 TE."

Nobody.

Secondly, while I dislike Winslow's character, he led all TEs in receptions this past year I believe, had a solid 800+ receiving yards with no other offensive threats on the field asides the rare Braylon Edwards play.
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Pretty sure those grades where done last offseason and have not been updated. You will see all of our rookies are graded at a 30, and Javon Walker has no grade.

Comment

All the better for the Broncos then right?
                          We can take advantage of that weakness where New England never did.
                          I sure hope so, if Daniel Graham is to be in the talks of a top TE in the league, he needs to proove a little more than he has.

Otherwise, it's just unfulfilled potential.

Does not mean he is bad though, he is quite good actually and should be a valued member of our team.
                          sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

That's nice. But do not forget that McKinley played DE in a 3-4. Labeling him as a DT is a misnomer.
                            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
                              That's nice. But do not forget that McKinley played DE in a 3-4. Labeling him as a DT is a misnomer.
                              He played DT in the 4-3 in 2004 when Butch Davis was the head coach, ironically, as a depth player behind Michael Myers.
                              sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Working...
                              X