Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN.com says Mckinley is better than Myers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    I am more inclined to take your word for this, CB, because you know the Browns.

Regarding McKinley, tell me: What is your appraisal of him as a future Bronco. (If I
    missed such a comment from you, I apologize.) Will he be a serious upgrade from
    Myers? Will he complement Warren well . . . assuming Warren can stay healthy, of
    course? How much difference, if any, do you see him making in the running game?

-----
    McKinley isn't reliable. He's a decent backup. But he isn't starting material. He was given the chance in Cleveland and failed. So he was let go.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      Do you think he'll make a big difference for us, Dream?

-----
      I don't think you'll see much difference between him and Myers, but since Alvin has an understanding and has played in a defense where he was required to be a "two-gap" guy, getting him to play here was a smart move by the Broncos. It's a nice depth signing, and he can be an okay starter, but he's not going to be a huge difference maker. I'd expect the production Myers had from him last year. Denver is still think at defensive tackle, I'd expect them to get a guy in the draft too.

So yeah, not much of a difference, but he's better than not having anyone along side Warren at all.

Not anything to jump for joy over about, but who else could we have got?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
        I don't think you'll see much difference between him and Myers, but since Alvin has an understanding and has played in a defense where he was required to be a "two-gap" guy, getting him to play here was a smart move by the Broncos. It's a nice depth signing, and he can be an okay starter, but he's not going to be a huge difference maker. I'd expect the production Myers had from him last year. Denver is still think at defensive tackle, I'd expect them to get a guy in the draft too.

So yeah, not much of a difference, but he's better than not having anyone along side Warren at all.

Not anything to jump for joy over about, but who else could we have got?
        At his price? Nobody.

Ian Scott is still on the market though and would probably have done better than Myers or McKinley, IMO.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
          At his price? Nobody.

Didn't McKinley get $8 mill for 4 years, or something to that affect?

Apparently in denver's eyes, he's quite a bit better if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13
            I don't like how Travis Henry and Daniel Graham are 1-2 points away from "Average Starters". Graham may be a top 5 TE in the NFL after Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, and Algae Crumpler.
            No Way is Graham a top 5 TE, not even close

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon
              No Way is Graham a top 5 TE, not even close
              I agree.

Not even close.

Comment

Working...
              X