Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right - this is the latest I could find

Originally posted by nthngd2say
    They did not. The Pasts have not decided. The nfl.com report is erroneous and should show that DENVER signed Sauerbrun. Nowhere shows the Pats matched.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/archive/NE (nothing about sauerbrun from NFL network)

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=24744&pcid=41

4/4/07
    Patriots.com News Blitz - 4/4/2007 Erik Scalavino
    A Pats punter signs with Denver (again), but may not end up there

We begin on a Sauer note.

Patriots punter Todd Sauerbrun has signed an offer sheet with his former team, the Denver Broncos. But the deal's not a fait accompli just yet because New England has a week to match the contract, if it so chooses.

Several national and regional news organizations picked up the story today, including the Denver Post, with whom Sauerbrun spoke on Tuesday.

"My heart is in Denver, and it always will be," Sauerbrun told the Post. "I want to retire as a Bronco."

Sauerbrun's agent, meantime, spoke with the Rocky Mountain News about his client's desire to return to Denver.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

heres another little tid bit to go with what is already here.............Patriots | Team to interview Sepulveda
      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:22:57 -0700

KFFL has learned the New England Patriots will interview Baylor University P Daniel Sepulveda April 10-11.

Comment

It's official, he's a free agent. The Pats don't have the right to match. Think he'll get his original deal he signed with the Broncos?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2842126

Comment

We need him back bad. Last year was a nightmare without him.
          RIP Darrent Williams
          You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Originally posted by badlandz
            It's official, he's a free agent. The Pats don't have the right to match. Think he'll get his original deal he signed with the Broncos?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2842126
            Cool. I hope we get something knocked out with him soon. He's a good player that will help out greatly on Sp. Teams.
            sigpic

Comment

lol... the first right of refusal has to be on a different piece of paper... is it really that nit picky?? lol.. Well, whatever works, as long as we can see him causing more fumbles on special teams!

I really hope he ends up back over here, no matter how he does it.

Comment

Awesome, if we get him back the future is looking that much brighter already.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                  We should pull a "viking" and put in the contract that Todd gets paid a 2 million dollar bonus for every game over 2 games played in the state of Mass.

Since the pats play all their home games in Mass, they'd owe him 12 million.
                  Holy cow, that is vicious xD I love that hahaha. Never heard of 'poison pills' before but that is just awesome haha.

Comment

Special Master??

Special Master rules in favor of SauerbrunBy John Clayton
                    ESPN.com

A Special Master ruled Wednesday punter Todd Sauerbrun is now a free agent -- available to sign with any team -- after winning a grievance that voided the New England Patriots right to match a one-year contract he recently signed with the Denver Broncos.

WHAT THE HELL IS A SPECIAL MASTER?
                    sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Originally posted by VA BroncosFan
                      ESPN.com

A Special Master ruled Wednesday punter Todd Sauerbrun is now a free agent -- available to sign with any team -- after winning a grievance that voided the New England Patriots right to match a one-year contract he recently signed with the Denver Broncos.

Got me. I was wondering the same thing.
                      "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Special Master

Special Master Link

Ok guys, I've seen the question in a couple of threads. Here is the definition of a special master as derived in the CBA.

EDIT: Adding the text

Originally posted by CBA

December 6, 2006 DRAFT
                        ARTICLE XXVI
                        SPECIAL MASTER
                        Section 1. Appointment: The parties agree that the Special Master appointed by the Court pursuant to the
                        Final Consent Judgment in White v. NFL shall have exclusive jurisdiction to enforce the terms of Articles
                        I, XIV, XVI-XXI, XXIV-XXX, XXXVIII-A, XXXVIII-B, and LVI-LVIII of this Agreement that
                        specifically provide for resolution by the Special Master (except as provided in those Articles with respect
                        to disputes determined by the Impartial Arbitrator), and shall hold hearings on alleged violations thereof,
                        subject to review by the Court in the manner set forth below.
                        Section 2. Scope of Authority: The powers of the Court and the Special Master and the rights of the
                        parties in any enforcement proceeding shall be as set forth in Rules 53(a), (c), (d) and (e) of the Federal
                        Rules of Civil Procedure; provided, however, that:
                        (a) The Special Master shall make findings of fact and recommendations of relief including, without
                        limitation, damages (including damages referred to in Article XXVIII (Anti-Collusion), Section 9),
                        contempt and specific performance;
                        (b) The Court shall accept the Special Master’s findings of fact unless clearly erroneous and the
                        Special Master’s recommendations of relief unless based upon clearly erroneous findings of fact, incorrect
                        application of the law, or abuse of discretion; except that, as to any finding concerning Article XXVIII
                        (Anti-Collusion), any imposition of a fine of $1 million or more, or any finding that would permit
                        termination of this Agreement, review shall be de novo;
                        (c) Subject to Subsections (a) and (b) above, the Court shall determine all points of law and finally
                        make the award of all relief including, without limitation, contract damages, contempt and specific
                        performance;
                        (d) Except for any matters for which the Court has de novo review of the Special Master’s
                        determinations (e.g., collusion, termination, or fines of $1 million or more), and except for fines for false
                        certifications (as provided in Article XXIX (Certifications), Section 3), rulings of the Special Master shall
                        upon their issuance be binding upon and followed by the parties unless stayed, reversed, or modified by the
                        Court or by an appellate court. In such other matters, the determination of the Special Master shall not take
                        effect until reviewed and acted upon by the Court. In entertaining a request for a stay of a ruling of the
                        Special Master, the Court shall apply the standard that an appellate court would apply to a request for a
                        stay of a ruling of the Court. If and when a recommendation of the Special Master is reversed or modified
                        by the Court or by an appellate court, and is no longer subject to further appeal, the effect of such reversal
                        or modification shall be deemed by the parties to be retroactive to the time of issuance of the
                        recommendation of the Special Master. The parties may seek appropriate relief to effectuate and enforce
                        this provision.
                        (e) The Special Master’s authority shall be limited to those items specifically set forth in Articles I,
                        XIV, XVI-XXI, XXIV-XXX, XXXVIII-A, XXXVIII-B, and LVI-LVIII of this Agreement for Special
                        Master review.
                        Section 3. Discovery: In any of the disputes described in this Agreement over which the Special Master
                        has authority, the Special Master shall grant reasonable and expedited discovery upon the application of
                        any party where, and to the extent, he determines it is reasonable to do so. Such discovery may include the
                        production of documents and the taking of depositions. Subject to rules to be agreed to by the parties, in
                        any proceeding to review any alleged violation of Article XXIV (Guaranteed League-wide Salary, Salary
                        Cap & Minimum Team Salary) of this Agreement regarding any TR issue, the Special Master shall have
                        the authority, upon good cause shown, to direct any Club to produce any tax materials disclosing any
                        income figures for such Club or Club Affiliate (non-income figures may be redacted) which in his or her
                        judgment relates to any such alleged violation, including but not limited to portions of any tax returns or
                        other documents submitted to the Internal Revenue Service. Subject to rules to be agreed to by the parties,
                        in any proceeding to review any alleged violation of Article XXIV (Guaranteed League-wide Salary,
                        Salary Cap & Minimum Team Salary) and/or Article XVII (Entering Player Pool) of this Agreement
                        regarding any Salary paid to any player(s), the Special Master shall have the authority, upon good cause
                        shown, to direct any such player(s) to produce any tax materials disclosing any income figures for any such
                        player or Player Affiliate (non-income figures may be redacted) which in his or her judgment relates to any
                        December 6, 2006 DRAFT
                        ARTICLE XXVI
                        SPECIAL MASTER (CONT.)
                        such alleged violation, including but not limited to portions of any tax returns or other documents
                        submitted to the Internal Revenue Service. In each case the Special Master shall not release such tax
                        materials to the general public, and any such tax materials shall be treated as strictly confidential under an
                        appropriate protective order.
                        Section 4. Compensation: The compensation and costs of retaining the Special Master shall be equally
                        borne by the NFL and the NFLPA. In no event shall any party be liable for the attorneys’ fees incurred in
                        any such enforcement proceeding by any other party, except as set forth in Article XXVIII (Anti-
                        Collusion).
                        Section 5. Procedures: All matters in enforcement proceedings before the Special Master shall be heard
                        and determined in an expedited manner. An enforcement proceeding may be commenced upon 72 hours
                        written notice (or upon shorter notice if ordered by the Special Master) served upon the party against whom
                        the enforcement proceeding is brought and filed with the Special Master. All such notices and all orders
                        and notices issued and directed by the Special Master shall be served upon the NFL and the NFLPA, in
                        addition to any counsel appearing for individual NFL players or individual NFL Clubs. The NFL and the
                        NFLPA shall have the right to participate in all such enforcement proceedings, and the NFLPA may appear
                        in any enforcement proceedings on behalf of any NFL player who has given authority for such appearance.
                        Section 6. Selection of Special Master: In the event that the NFL and NFLPA cannot agree on the identity
                        of a Special Master to be appointed by the Court, the parties agree to submit the issue to the President of
                        the American Bar Association (“ABA”) who shall submit to the parties a list of eleven attorneys (none of
                        whom shall have nor whose firm shall have represented within the past five years players, player
                        representatives, clubs or owners in any professional sport). If the parties cannot within thirty days of
                        receipt of such list agree to the identity of the Special Master from among the names on such list, they shall
                        alternately strike names from said list, until only one name remains, and that person shall be the Special
                        Master. The first strike shall be determined by a coin flip. Upon approval by the Court, the Special Master
                        shall serve for an initial two-year term commencing on the date of entry of the order of appointment.
                        Thereafter, the Special Master shall continue to serve for successive three-year terms unless notice to the
                        contrary is given either by the NFL or the NFLPA. Such notice shall be given to the other party, the Court
                        and the Special Master within the ninety days preceding the end of any term, but no later than thirty days
                        prior to the end of such term. Following the giving of such notice, a new Special Master shall be selected in
                        accordance with the procedures set forth in this Section 6. The NFL and the NFLPA may dismiss the
                        Special Master at any time and for any reason upon their mutual consent.
                        Section 7. Penalties: Any monetary penalty assessed by the Special Master may be assessed only against a
                        Club or Clubs or the League, as applicable, found to have violated this Agreement. In no event may the
                        Special Master order relief, or assess any monetary penalty, against an individual Club owner, officer, or
                        non-player employee.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb
                          lol... the first right of refusal has to be on a different piece of paper... is it really that nit picky?? lol.. Well, whatever works, as long as we can see him causing more fumbles on special teams!

I really hope he ends up back over here, no matter how he does it.

No it isn't. You have to keep in mind that the clause makes it so the Pats could force Sauerbrun to stay there. So basically the rule is that it has to be in clear sight.
                          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Well he's coming back as it is a done deal my friends
                            I wasn't looking forward to it as Sauerbrun seems & acts
                            More of a kid than an adult as I read stuff off the internet about him.

Comment

Originally posted by VA BroncosFan
                              ESPN.com

It's just an abbreviation....

....for a guy that can fit 3 worms on one hook......
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X