Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is stupid now? Top 10 and Bottom 10 Wonderlics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    1. What does knowing what a "right triangle" have to do about making reads for a center?
    2. In what play will a RB need to know what "2dimes and a nickle" is?
    3. What formation requires a WR to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

Generally speaking, jocks already aren't considered to be the smartest people on the planet. But Young didn't seem to be too dumb last year in his Play!

It's like the exit exam in college. If you don't do well, it's not like they're going to hold for ransom your diploma.
    Because if they don't know how to do simple math then why would you wanna trust them with the complex names of plays and such? If a player can't add 10 + 10 + 5 then why would you think he could understand an entire NFL playbook and remember it to be effective?

You have to admit that its basic stuff and anyone should know it. Its not hard.

Leave a comment:

• CHARLIEADAMSFAN
    replied
    im in high school and i bet i could get at least a 15

and how do u get points for r u more like a cat or a dog????

jw

but irons is a moron not kenny irons the dumb irons lol

i dont want him but Vince Young didnt do well but did in the end

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon
    Which also explains why Mike Croel went to Nebraska

True Dat!

Leave a comment:

• columbiaskinny
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed
    Which....Has....A....Lot....To....Do....With.... Playing....Football!!!!

Talking slowly may help those who think this has nothing to do with playing football.

Mike Croel had all the talent in the world....He just couldn't play football above the neck!
    Good point. Eric Brown was the same way.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117
    Didn't Vince Young get something pretty lame on there?
    Yes. He bombed the test. But, remember that NFL teams don't just depend on the Wonderlic. They have interviews. And in the interviews they can talk to the player and find out whether he's really as dumb as a tree-stump or whether he just tests badly.

They can talk to him about his life and interests and see whether he can hold up his end of a conversation or whether he gets easily confused by shiny objects.

That's a good idea before you start throwing tens of millions of dollars at a player!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Didn't Vince Young get something pretty lame on there?

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed

Talking slowly may help those who think this has nothing to do with playing football.

Mike Croel had all the talent in the world....He just couldn't play football above the neck!
    Which also explains why Mike Croel went to Nebraska

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon
    But it has a lot to do with their ability to learn

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    Originally posted by maruske845
    i still say the test has nothing to do with playing football
    But it has a lot to do with their ability to learn

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    The only time I remember this test being controversial....

....is when someone as popular as Vince Young and Reggie Nelson test about as well as Corky Thatcher would....

Then all of a sudden the test is useless!
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-07-2007, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro
    As someone who has worked with people who are mentally and phsyically disabled, i find the use of the word retarded to be very offensive(and I'm sure I won't be the only one on the boards who feels this way).

You couldn't have said stupid, or 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer'?
    As someone who excels in the culinary arts, I find the use of "not the sharpest knife" to be very offensive.....

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    But Ryan's problems didn't have to do with his lack of comprehending the playbook. You don't want your QB having a wonderlic scores of single digits if THEY are the person that is responsible for knowing the routes, responsibilities, and of everyone else on the offense. Not to mention the one making the reads of the opposing team. Athletic ability is only a part of the game, you have to be able to think, read, memorize, and have a resemblence of intelligence.

You don't want the guy on the offensive line that makes the reads and the calls (the center) to be the guy that can't remember what a 'right triangle' is. You don't want the RB that is supposed to read the blitz, and is responsible for picking up the guy that may KILL your QB, if he doesn't know what 2dimes and a nickle equal to.

How are you supposed to have your QB and your WR on the 'same page' if the WR isn't intelligent enough to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

If it comes down to choosing between two guys, both having reasonably the same amount of skill athletically, who are you going to choose? The guy that scores a 39, or the one that scores an 11?
    1. What does knowing what a "right triangle" have to do about making reads for a center?
    2. In what play will a RB need to know what "2dimes and a nickle" is?
    3. What formation requires a WR to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

Generally speaking, jocks already aren't considered to be the smartest people on the planet. But Young didn't seem to be too dumb last year in his Play!

It's like the exit exam in college. If you don't do well, it's not like they're going to hold for ransom your diploma.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    Originally posted by muse
    It's a real knock on the Unis they go to though. People should not be allowed to progress through college if they can't do the academics...
    what i don't understand is how can a person who graduated from berkely score a 10 on the wonderlic?

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by SM19
    No one from Northwestern in this year's draft. If there was, the rest of these guys wouldn't be able to hang.
    Isn't Marquice Cole in this years draft?

Leave a comment:

• chickennob2
    replied
    I. Laurie is sharing a car.
    II. Mark is not sharing a car and is seated immediately behind an empty car.
    III. Tom is not sharing a car with either Gwen or Paul.
    IV. Gwen is riding in either the third or fourth car.

1. Which of the following groups of riders could occupy the second car?

(A) Laurie only
    (B) Tom and Gwen
    (C) Laurie and Mark
    (D) Jack and Tom
    (E) Jack, Gwen, and Paul
    We're talking about the second car, so let's look at the conditions, as I labeled them. Condition IV says that Gwen is in car 3 or 4, so she can't be in number 2. Thus you eliminate B and E. Condition I says Laurie is sharing a car, so you eliminate A. II says Mark is not sharing a car, so you eliminate C. Thus D is correct.

2. If Gwen is riding immediately behind Laurie's car and immediately ahead of Tom's car, all of the following must be true EXCEPT:

(A) Gwen is riding in the fourth car.
    (B) Paul is riding in the third car.
    (C) Tom is riding in the fifth car.
    (D) Laurie is riding in the third car.
    (E) The first car is empty.
    I've got to admit I'm a bit confused by this one. It sees to me the combination of 5-T&J, 4-G, 3-L&P, 2-M, and 1-empty works. Condition I is satisfied as Laurie is sharing with Paul. Condition II is satisfied as Mark is not sharing and is seated behind the empty car 1. Condition III is satisfied as Tom is not sharing with Gwen or Paul but with Jack. Condition IV is satisfied as Gwen is in car 4. As for the problem, Gwen is in 4, behind Laurie in 3 and ahead of Tom in 5. A, Gwen is in the 4th car. B, Paul is in the 3rd. C, Tom is in the 5th. D, Laurie is in the 3rd. E, 1 is empty. Perhaps a flaw in the question?

3. Which one of the following statements CANNOT be true?

(A) Neither Tom nor Gwen is sharing a car with another rider.
    (B) Neither Mark nor Jack is sharing a car with another rider.
    (C) Tom is sharing a car, and Jack is sharing a car.
    (D) Gwen is sharing a car, and Paul is sharing a car.
    (E) Tom is sharing a car, and Gwen is sharing a car.
    A cannot be true. 6 people. 5 cars. One car must be empty (II) and Mark must be alone (II), Tom must be alone (question), and Gwen must be alone (question). Thus the empty car and the 3 solo cars leave one remaining car to fit three people (Laurie, Paul, Jack). That fails because only two can ride in one car. (original prompt). For the remaining options:
    B, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty
    C, 5-L&T, 4-G, 3-J&P, 2-M, 1-empty
    D, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty
    E, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty

4. If Paul is riding in the second car, how many different combinations of riders are possible for the third car?

(A) one
    (B) two
    (C) three
    (D) four
    (E) five
    The answer is C, three. Lets look at things. Paul must be in car 2 (question). Because mark must be alone and riding behind an empty car, you must block two consecutive cars for the M/empty set. the only 2 available consecutive sets would be 5&4 or 4&3. However, because Gwen must be in either 3 or 4 (IV), you can't have 4-M, 3-empty. So Mark is in car 5 alone, car 4 is empty, Gwen must be in car 3, and Paul must be in car 2. Thus we have 3 mobile players, Tom, Laurie, and Jack. Tom cannot be in car 3 with Gwen (III). That leaves three possible combinations for car 3, Gwen and Laurie, Gwen and jack, Gwen alone. Examples:
    G&L:.....5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&L, 2-P, 1-T&J
    G&J:......5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&J, 2-P, 1-T&L
    G...........5-M, 4-empty, 3-G, 2-P&J, 1-T&L

5. Assume that a seventh rider is riding with Jack in the first car, but that all other rules remain unchanged. Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of the riders who might be riding in the fifth car?

(A) Mark
    (B) Gwen, Paul
    (C) Tom, Laurie, Paul
    (D) Tom, Laurie, Mark
    (E) Mark, Gwen, Paul, Tom, Laurie
    The answer is D, Tom, Laurie, and Mark. We are putting Jack and mystery in 1 (question), so we can essentially forget car 1. We are left with Cars 5, 4, 3, and 2. Once again, two consecutive cars must be filled with the set of Mark alone & empty. Again, they cannot reside in cars 3&4 as Gwen must be in either 3 or 4 (IV). So we can have 5&4 taken or 3&2 taken. Assuming 5-M, 4-Empty, the combination of 5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&P, 2-T&L meets all conditions thus Mark can be in car 5. Eliminate choices B and C. Now, assuming 3-M, 2-empty. We now have 4 movable players (Gwen, Paul, Tom, Laurie) in two cars (5 and 4). Tom cannot be with Gwen or Paul (III). Because we cannot have any empty seats in these remaining cars, Tom must sit with Laurie and Gwen must sit with Paul. Because Gwen must sit in 3 or 4 (IV) and 3 is taken, Gwen and Paul must sit in car 4. Thus Tom and Laurie can sit in car 5. Eliminate choice A. Again, Gwen must be in 3 or 4 and not 5, thus we can eliminate E. D must be correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X