is no-one concerned with moss's size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is no-one concerned with moss's size?

i keep hearing how moss would be a great pick up and all the mocks have us taking him.

i am worried that he is only about 250 pounds, we are looking at getting an impact full time starter.

is moss that man? i doubt it.

can he stay healthy for 16+ games...i doubt it.

will he be effective against the run??

will he get bullied against bigger OL?

is he a one trick pony (outside rush), he sure won't bull rush anyone. we got a similar player, albeit a little shorter, in dumerville last year. he was a 4th round pick and is a situational player.

why give up our round 1 pick for him???

I agree......Moss's size is definately a concern, especially when we already have one undersized defensive end in Elvis already. I would much prefer jamaal anderson or carriker at end. However, I think our ends are capable, not great, but good enough as long as we pick up a dominant DT and a young Safety.

Go Broncos!!

Comment

250? Didn't he measure in the 220's?

Comment

im right there with you on this one man i am very concerned with his size and i would much rather take johnson or spencer over moss. I think olinemen with abuse him in the nfl. I think when he gets drafted he will become an outside lb in a 3-4 scheme
        Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
        Supporting this staff!
        Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Jason Taylor
          Position: DE
          Height: 6-6
          Weight: 255

Jarvis Moss
          Weight: 250

I bet he could put on at least 5 more pounds
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
            Jason Taylor
            Weight: 255

Jarvis Moss
            Weight: 250

I bet he could put on at least 5 more pounds
            taylor looks alot stronger though. also, a player like taylor does not come around very often.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
              taylor looks alot stronger though. also, a player like taylor does not come around very often.
              Taylor also wasn't great until bates came around and taught him the way.

Comment

is no-one concerned with moss's size?

no ...................

Comment

IMO, measurables don't mean nearly as much as what a player does on the actual field of play. This guy played against top notch competition in the SEC and he shredded an above average Ohio State O-line in the title game. Draft choices are never a sure thing. I'd be happy if we got him at 21.

Comment

Moss has the frame to put on more weight and strength. This is why there is less concern about his size than their was for dumervil's last year heading into the draft. Part of it is weight and the other part is what the teams feel can be added without negatively impacting the measurables. Most feel it is possible for Moss to add some weight.

Comment

His size doesn't concern me, at any rate my preference is for Anthony Spencer.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

As the ole cliche goes "You can't coach speed". Moss has speed because of his 250ish size. Him learning how to fend of blocks in the running game will be his biggest learning curve. He has long arms, much like Jason Taylor, and that's a plus.

Comment

i keep hearing how moss would be a great pick up and all the mocks have us taking him.

i am worried that he is only about 250 pounds, we are looking at getting an impact full time starter.

is he a one trick pony (outside rush), he sure won't bull rush anyone. we got a similar player, albeit a little shorter, in dumerville last year. he was a 4th round pick and is a situational player.

I am a little concerned with his size... he will definately bulk up in the NFL though. Speed will really need to make up for size, but there are a lot of good DE's with similar size...

- Dwight Freeney - 268lbs
                          - Jevon Kearse - 265lbs
                          - Adewale Ogunleye - 260lbs
                          - Osi Umenyiora - 261lbs
                          - Jason Taylor 255lbs
                          - Elvis Dumervil is also 250lbs

I think when you look at the Broncos, they are definately a team that prefers speed and athleticism, over power and size... We do need big strong DT's to stop the run, and as for the outside, the broncos have a fast LB core, making it difficult for outside runners. I prefer Carriker in the first round, but wouldnt be upset if we picked moss.

Comment

I would like to have some more weight on him. Moss reminds me of Jevon Kerse who was small but fast. The only problem with Kerse was he got hurt a lot.

----------------------------------------------
                            I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life
                              im right there with you on this one man i am very concerned with his size and i would much rather take johnson or spencer over moss. I think olinemen with abuse him in the nfl. I think when he gets drafted he will become an outside lb in a 3-4 scheme
                              You guys questioning Moss's size don't know what you are talking about....at all!

He is 6'6" -6'7". Not one of the stubby Bronco lineman can compare to that size. Can he put on a few pounds, Yes he's only 22 years old. Those long arm in our rotation would be of great benefit.

Will he play LB? I doubt it he runs a 4.76 40, why draft him to play LB when you can get someone that can run a 4.45-4.5 40?

Comment

Working...
                              X