is no-one concerned with moss's size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed
    If Moss or Carriker isn't there, I hope they take Spencer....If he is still there.

If not....A DT or offensive lineman.

But right now I'm wondering what Bates system will mean to the safeties. If it puts more pressure on them to cover for the corners. I'm afraid the Broncos might be thinking safety....Or even LB now!

Imo, the Broncos are at least two years away from legitimately competing with the Patriots, Colts and Chargers. And if the Broncos don't address the defensive line, they never will........
    This is a valid concern. For the past couple of years Broncos fans have voiced concerns about the Dline, and every draft we think this will be the year that Shanny addresses the issue. Unfortunately, it seems that the Dline is an afterthought to Shanny, who waits until the later rounds to address it.

A case to go after DE, DT, S, and even OL in the 1st round can be made. We already know the holes on the Dline, but Safety is a rapidly aging position that will need addressing shortly. However, like the Dline, Safety has some depth this year with the ability to get players like merriweather, Weddle, Rouse, Weddling, etc. in rounds 2 and later. But if Nelson or Griffin were to stay around 21, i wouldn't be surprised to see Shanny make a move. I am not as knowledgeable on the depth at OL this draft, but if Staley is at 21, I would definitely not be upset if the Broncos drafted him (or Blaylock from UT in a later round) because Cutler needs more time in the pocket.

There are so many posibilities, and when you have Shanny calling the shots, whatever you are thinking usually is the incorrect scenario.

Comment

From The Sporting News:

Gaines Adams 6-4 3/4, 261lbs.....
      Jarvis Moss 6-6 1/2, 258lbs.........
      Lamar Woodley 6-1 1/2, 265lbs......
      Anthony Spencer 6-2 5/8, 265lbs.....
      Victor Abiamiri 6-4 1/4, 265lbs......
      Dan Bazuin 6-2 7/8, 266lbs........
      Quintin Moses 6-5 1/4, 261lbs.....

Of the top De's in this class only Anderson, McDonald and Carriker weight over 280lbs....Charles Johnson weights 270lbs.

There are risks involved with Moss, but then again, so is there with anyone available at 21. Moss is under-developed due in part to a staph infection, but scouts seem to think he'll have no problem putting on weight.

Btw:

Ebenezer Ekuban 6-3/ 265
      Kenard Lang 6-3/ 264
      John Engelberger 6-4/ 252
      Elway Dumervil 5-11/ 250
      Last edited by stnzed; 04-15-2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
        Gaines Adams 6-4 3/4, 261lbs.....
        Jarvis Moss 6-6 1/2, 258lbs.........
        Lamar Woodley 6-1 1/2, 265lbs......
        Anthony Spencer 6-2 5/8, 265lbs.....
        Victor Abiamiri 6-4 1/4, 265lbs......
        Dan Bazuin 6-2 7/8, 266lbs........
        Quintin Moses 6-5 1/4, 261lbs.....

Of the top De's in this class only Anderson, McDonald and Carriker weight over 280lbs....Charles Johnson weights 270lbs.

There are risks involved with Moss, but then again, so is there with anyone available at 21. Moss is under-developed due in part to a staph infection, but scouts seem to think he'll have no problem putting on weight.

Btw:

Ebenezer Ekuban 6-3/ 265
        Kenard Lang 6-3/ 264
        John Engelberger 6-4/ 252
        Elway Dumervil 5-11/ 250
        Pipes 6-2/ 195

Comment

Working...
        X