Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
    I like that. Moses was considered a Top 10 talent before the season ended. Had a little drop off and is now considered a late 1st to 2nd rounder. I think he'll be a steal if we get him in the second and draft one of the top 3 safties after Landry in the first: Griffen, Nelson, Meriweather.
    I tend to agree that Moses will be a better pro than people think, still, I think the Broncos have to move to get one of the Top five DE's, since it is such a glaring need.

Comment

I think Moses will be a great pro and would be a solid pick up if he fell to our number three

Comment

I like how you all live in some fantasy world that not even Madden could comprehend....
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

What fantasy world do you see? I see this as resonable talk, fantasy talk is all the Briggs, trading into the top 10 talk. What do you see wrong with this? Moses would be a good pick if he fell which could happen, but to our second might be pushing it.
          Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
          GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
          #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
          #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
          #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
          #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
          Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore
            Too bad Anthony Spencer sucks.
            Blasphemy!!!

Why don't you educate yourself on how Spencer stacks up against other players. Here's a nice little article. http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/...112806aag.html

Comment

Forget trading down. We should trade up to get Patrick Willis!

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
                If we all agree that the Broncos No. 1 need is a pass-rushing DE, as attractive as it would be to trade down and get more picks, the Broncos really can't afford to do so.

If you look at the top DE's in the Draft, there are five first round projections, and then a drop-off into the second and third rounds.

The Top Five rated DE's are:

1.) Gaines Adams, Clemson (Top 10 projection)
                2.) Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas (Top 15 projection)
                3.) Adam Carriker, Nebraska (Top 15 projection)
                4.) Jarvis Moss (Top 20 projection)
                5.) Anthony Spencer, Purdue (late first round projection)

Right now, unless we trade up (which I also would not do as we need as many Day One picks as we can get), we are looking at Anthony Spencer as being the best DE prospect available at #21, unless Jarvis Moss were to drop, which is unlikley.

If we trade out and do not take one of these players, we will be left to pick over the remains of players such as Tim Crowder, Victor Albiamiri, Quentin Moses, and Charles Johnson....not exactly ideal for such a critical need position.

So, IMO, the pick is Anthony Spencer, even though some may feel #21 is a reach....our opportunities to trade down will be limited, however, as he would be a virtual lock to go to Baltimore and replace Adalius Thomas when they select at #29.

I personally would hate to watch us pass on him, onley to have him wind up in B-more and remind us annually of what we passed on in favor of the second group of DE's listed above.
                I don't have a problem with Spencer....and neither does the best OT in the draft.

When asked on the radio, today, by Kiper, who the most difficult Dlinemen he played against was, he said Spencer.

Kiper then quipped, "you do know, that you have now moved Spencer from the 2nd round into the 1st". haha

He was compared favorably has having Tamba Hali's motor, and fight, only bigger, which was good enough for a 1st round pick last year. (41T/8S/1Int/5FF)
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I hope to god we take spencer the guy has an incredible motor and is very quick off the snap. Joe Thomas and Levi Brown have both been quoted as saying he was the toughest dline man they faced. I think he even lead the nation in tackels for loss or behind the los. Thats impressive and he isnt a liability against the run. I have a very very good feeling about spencer being a beast.
                  Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                  Supporting this staff!
                  Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

And your overwhelming evidence will quickly quell any/all retort to the opposite....

....very well done.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Why, because you saw some mock that had him going in the 3rd round? That's the only thing I've ever seen you cite.

Comment

Shaun Rogers, Jarvis Moss and Quintin Moses....I'm seriously!

Wouldn't mind getting some offensive lineman too!

Comment

I like Anthony Spencer more than Moss, but Carriker would be great. I do have a feeling that we end up taking a LT in the draft because I don't think Shanny would have waited this long to sure up the O line because thats always his first priority in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            I don't have a problem with Spencer....and neither does the best OT in the draft.

When asked on the radio, today, by Kiper, who the most difficult Dlinemen he played against was, he said Spencer.

Kiper then quipped, "you do know, that you have now moved Spencer from the 2nd round into the 1st". haha

He was compared favorably has having Tamba Hali's motor, and fight, only bigger, which was good enough for a 1st round pick last year. (41T/8S/1Int/5FF)

No doubt...

Spencer is the player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

Except they didn't have to time Spencer with an hourglass at the combine, like they had to with Hali.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                                Except they didn't have to time Spencer with an hourglass at the combine, like they had to with Hali.
                                Yet Hali was still effective.....tells you all you need to know

Comment

Working...
                                X