X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    don't be surprised if there is a trade that brings either Jenkins or Rodgers to Denver. If thats the case, then the draft outlook may be different depending on available talent.

They are both DT's....the Broncos will still need a pass-rushing DE no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore
    Too bad Anthony Spencer sucks.

If you truly believe that, you really have no business thinking about draftable players, because you could not be more wrong.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by Juggernaught
    One mock has us moving up to take an OT. That would suck.

I wouldn't mind moving up a few spots to take Staley if we hafta he will be worth it. I really hope we get him...

Leave a comment:

• Juggernaught
    replied
    One mock has us moving up to take an OT. That would suck.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Yeah and people will be running all over us....Bates system likes its big DT's, but to have two undersized D ends......people would run all over us if we had Dumerville and Moses on the outsides. We need an actual big time 6'4'' 270+ D-end if we want to get pressure on the QB.....especially since we just lost a big presence at the MLB position.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights
    Quentin Moses and Dummerville
    I like that. Moses was considered a Top 10 talent before the season ended. Had a little drop off and is now considered a late 1st to 2nd rounder. I think he'll be a steal if we get him in the second and draft one of the top 3 safties after Landry in the first: Griffen, Nelson, Meriweather.

Leave a comment:

• Northern Lights
    replied
    Quentin Moses and Dummerville

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    don't be surprised if there is a trade that brings either Jenkins or Rodgers to Denver. If thats the case, then the draft outlook may be different depending on available talent.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Too bad Anthony Spencer sucks.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    what makes you think that shanahan sees it as our biggest need?

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Now that Wilson is released, maybe we can?

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Have to consider where other players will go too.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Especially if we get Grady Jackson from Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• fxblitz
    replied
    I think if that is the case we will go the BPA route and probably end up with one of the top safties in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    started a topic The Broncos Can't Afford To Trade Out of #21

The Broncos Can't Afford To Trade Out of #21

If we all agree that the Broncos No. 1 need is a pass-rushing DE, as attractive as it would be to trade down and get more picks, the Broncos really can't afford to do so.

If you look at the top DE's in the Draft, there are five first round projections, and then a drop-off into the second and third rounds.

The Top Five rated DE's are:

1.) Gaines Adams, Clemson (Top 10 projection)
    2.) Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas (Top 15 projection)
    3.) Adam Carriker, Nebraska (Top 15 projection)
    4.) Jarvis Moss (Top 20 projection)
    5.) Anthony Spencer, Purdue (late first round projection)

Right now, unless we trade up (which I also would not do as we need as many Day One picks as we can get), we are looking at Anthony Spencer as being the best DE prospect available at #21, unless Jarvis Moss were to drop, which is unlikley.

If we trade out and do not take one of these players, we will be left to pick over the remains of players such as Tim Crowder, Victor Albiamiri, Quentin Moses, and Charles Johnson....not exactly ideal for such a critical need position.

So, IMO, the pick is Anthony Spencer, even though some may feel #21 is a reach....our opportunities to trade down will be limited, however, as he would be a virtual lock to go to Baltimore and replace Adalius Thomas when they select at #29.

I personally would hate to watch us pass on him, onley to have him wind up in B-more and remind us annually of what we passed on in favor of the second group of DE's listed above.
    Last edited by MindField; 04-13-2007, 08:00 AM.
Working...
X