Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoss
    replied
    Good job lining out our whole draft. However, Carriker will be long gone by our pick and Nelson is overrated. There is equal or better value in safeties in the 2nd round.

We need to address the D Line but not we do have other needs. I would like to see us look at James Jones WR (San Jose State) with our late 3rd. He's extremely strong with decent speed. Good possession receiver.

I think we need to go D Line in the 1st, Safety in 2nd, LB and WR in the 3rd. Then go with the best available for the remainder of the draft.

Leave a comment:

• 24spellsD
    replied
    if we go d-line with our first two picks we shuld go safety with our third pick

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Originally posted by mxbronco13
    Leonard Peterson is already 26 years old. Skipped a year after high school and stayed in college for 7 years.
    Sooooo.... good experience

Leave a comment:

• mxbronco13
    replied
    Leonard Peterson is already 26 years old. Skipped a year after high school and stayed in college for 7 years.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    Bump......

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Hey man, congratulations on your first Broncos Draft/Board. It's great to see people getting into this sort of thing in April.

I like where you're headed, but I disagree with you on Pitcock. He's a solid player, but he has short arms and his frame is already maxed out. He's a decent fit for a two gap guy here, but he's as big as he's going to get which is a definite problem. I think he's a good run stopper and defender, but he has some trouble getting off blocks and you have to wonder if he's big enough to command two men at the same time.

That's just minor though, overall I think you did a great job.

Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• ChangAlang24
    replied
    draft

do uk why carson palmer was benched for his rookie year, its because hes a qb, which is much different in terms of playing time and learning the system compared to safety

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    started a topic My First Draft Board

My First Draft Board

Well I thought I'd make a draft board and using all the information I've sucked up for months, now I'm applying it.

-------------

Pick #21 - Reggie Nelson FS Florida -OR- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska

Reasoning - Hate to break it to ya but Lynch is getting up there in age. One more season for Lynch. With Nelson aboard mentoring under Lynch (I want him to be benched this whole season like how Palmer was), when Lynch's time is up, Nelson will be ready for the NFL and make an immediate impact on the game. Our D-line is in shambles, as you all already know. We need a DT, but Okoye and Branch will be gone and then the talent drops to 2nd round. With Carriker however, starting opposite of Ekuban (IMO best player on the line in 2006), there will be a great fear instilled into the OTs of other teams. Carriker is a beast and has a high motor, strong, and has some size.

However, if both of these guys happen to be off the board at #21, I say we take the best available player. These guys are in the top 5 at positions and there is a drop in talent level after them.

-------------

Pick #56 - DeMarcus Tyler DT North Carolina State -OR- Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State

This is where we fix up the worse position - defensive tackle. DeMarcus Tyler is a very powerful DT and can potentially be the pocket penetrator that will force the QB into bad decisions. Quinn Pitcock, if he's around, would be a GREAT pick. He is very strong, and is very well at stopping the run. You can count on him on plugging the run lanes.

-------------

Pick #70 - Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii

Well this may be my Homer-ism talking, but Ikaika Alama-Francis is a great defensive lineman. He is VERY versatile, comparable to Luis Castillo. He can play End or Tackle, 3-4 or 4-3. A poor man's Castillo. He has a great motor (great speed too - 4.85), outstanding size and can still pack on some pounds (6'5 280). He is great at run plugging and hustles. A good pass rusher also. Tons of potential from what I know about him.

Plus, my friend is friends with Ikaika and he can probably hook me up with free stuff

-------------

Pick #86 - Paul Soliai DT Utah

Here we add more depth. Paul Soliai is a huge DT with perfect size. Although he is VERY raw and has some character issues, I would like him be double-teamed by the offense because of his size, and that would help a BUNCH. He probably would plug a run lane or two also.

-------------

Pick #176 - Yamon Figurs WR Kansas State -OR- Steve Breaston WR Michigan

With the tragic passing of Darrent Williams (RIP), we need a return man. Bailey could return but that would bang him up too much. Both have excellent speed and are great return men. Would also make good #4 receivers. Really would like Yamon Figurs, as he runs a 4.3, but that's unlikely he'll drop this far. Breaston runs a 4.41.

-------------

Pick #198 - Leonard Peters FS Hawaii

Again, this may be my Homer-ism talking, but Leonard Peters is a GREAT safety. Hard hitting, great hustle, and ball-hawking. Although he has a 4.8 or so 40, he is very fast in games and always hustles to the ball. Good motor. Reggie Bush feared him in college, saying that Peters was one of the toughest and hardest hitting safeties he has ever played against. He is an extreme sleeper, and would be a STEAL.

-------------

Pick #233 - Best Player Available.

No one else I would like here. Best Player Available would be best.

-------------

Rate please! Thanks.
Working...
X