Michael Griffin Is A Beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Griffin Is A Beast

If we end up taking a strong safety in the 1st round at #21 then I think we should go with Griffin, he can cover and is a great tackler. He would be an instant upgrade to our SS corps IMO.

Here are some highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzIR...elated&search=

In the 2nd video he completely lays out Adrian Peterson and causes a fumble/turnover.

Originally posted by mxbronco13
    If we end up taking a strong safety in the 1st round at #21 then I think we should go with Griffin, he can cover and is a great tackler. He would be an instant upgrade to our SS corps IMO.

In the 2nd video he completely lays out Adrian Peterson and causes a fumble/turnover.

The first one I know for a fact has been posted. The second one, I'm pretty sure.

Both in the D&FA '07 Forum, where they should be.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

who gives a crap....

ive seen this already...

but every time i see it i want him more...

he is a true play maker/ ball hawk/ game changer...

i want him to wear the orange and blue in 07!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I'd like this pick.

Comment

Yeah i really support this guy. He could be an awesome addition to the team

Comment

You guys have obviously overlooked some great safeties we can pick up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Sabby Piscitelli out of Oregon State is who we should get and after a year learning from Lynch he will be ready to roll, but he could probaly start for us anyway learning along the way. Another guy that looks promising is John Wendling out of Wyoming. He hits hard and can learn to be great in coverage. They both have some flaws however so does Griffin he is way undersized to help out in stopping the run, he'd get run over by backs like Stephen Jackson. But the two I have listed above have minor things that can be easily fixed by good coaching, some mentoring from John Lynch, and some training.
            Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

I would not complain if we drafted Griffin, but I think that we should get our safety in the 2nd. Whether it be Eric Weddle or Weddling...

O and Weddling had a 66" 3 step jump!!! I saw it on NFL Network, and it was amazing!

Bottom line is, whoever we draft at safety is going to turn out good, just look at the success of all our safeties over the years...
              "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
              R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

If we don't go DE or DT in the 1st,(i hope we do), i hope we go Safety. And i hope Griffin is there. And i hope we pick him.

Thank god for HOPE!

Comment

You know, watching those videos, the way he throws his body around reminds me a bit of Darrent Williams.

It's almost like, if he was drafted by us, and wore #27, you'd think everytime he made a play that it would be Darrent making that play.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been supporting two players since the start of this college season and that's been Michael Griffin and Tim Crowder of Texas. I just feel they will be very good in the NFL. I'm not even a Texas fan, in fact I hate Texas, but these kids can ball. I like Griffin over Nelson because of his superb special teams play and longer experience at the D-I level. I think Griffin is sort of a reach at #21, but there's a big drop in quality between him and some of the next guys if you ask me. A trade down several spots would be ideal, but I think Griffin would be someone the Broncos are targeting due to concerns at our safety position, Griffin's ability to play FS/SS and his special teams play.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13

check your cps

Comment

Too bad we don't need a SS. We need a FS. Lynch has one more year left and we're going to need a FS.

Ferguson has more years left than Lynch, he can wait for later.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                          Too bad we don't need a SS. We need a FS. Lynch has one more year left and we're going to need a FS.

Too bad Lynch plays FS
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                            I've been supporting two players since the start of this college season and that's been Michael Griffin and Tim Crowder of Texas. I just feel they will be very good in the NFL. I'm not even a Texas fan, in fact I hate Texas, but these kids can ball. I like Griffin over Nelson because of his superb special teams play and longer experience at the D-I level. I think Griffin is sort of a reach at #21, but there's a big drop in quality between him and some of the next guys if you ask me. A trade down several spots would be ideal, but I think Griffin would be someone the Broncos are targeting due to concerns at our safety position, Griffin's ability to play FS/SS and his special teams play.

yeah thats what i like about griffin. he is very versatile compared to the other safties in the draft. i think he is the best saftey by far in this draft class. if he is at 21 we would be fools not to take him. his ability on st is an added bonus. griffin knows when to take the big shot on a guy and then he knows when he should wrap up. his senses for the ball at all times in fantastic.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz

Nick Ferguson isn't the greatest safety out there if you know what I mean, and Michael Griffin has FS experience so it is a win-win opportunity. Griffin is a very good coverage defender so if we put him at SS this year it will allow a successful pass D to open up blitz packages including John Lynch, which can be very effective at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X