My New Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Mock Draft

Fee Agent Aquisitions: Either Ed Hartwell or Lavaar Arrington to play SLB.

Draft:

1st Round #21: Jarvis Moss DE- great speed and pass rushing ability....has a very good frame at 6'7 and is 250 lbs. He should put on some weight by the time we get to August and hopefully starts the season at 258-260 pounds. He is just what we need at DE to rush the QB.

2nd round #56: **Pick #56 traded for Kris Jenkins DT Carolina Panthers** The Panthers have supposedly balked at the idea of giving up Jenkins for a 3rd...therefore with a big necessity for a dominant DT we cough up our 2nd. He should he GREAT for us and will clog the middle and running lanes, penetrate the pocket, and free up blockers for Dumerville and Moss and other DEs.

3rd Round Pick number 70: Antwan Barnes OLB- At two hundred and forty pounds has good size to play SAM in the future or possibly right now. With Arrington's injury issues he could be a good insurance and Ed Hartwell has not been very healthy either in case we pick up Ed instead of Lavaar. He should be a good backup and eventual SAM starter.

3rd Round Pick Number 86: Sabby Piscitelli SS- He is a safety that could maybe even start this year or start in case Lynch or Ferguson get injured. He would be a good eventual starter and I beleive he is a good special teamer as it is right now.
    **Other Option: Brandon Mebane DT- He is a big body that would clog up the middle and start once Warren or Jenkins leaves. He also provides great depth incase Jenkins or Warren goes down...so we dont have to start Veal. Also...Lynch has stated Hamza Abdullah will be a star so therefore we could pass on taking a Safety here and provide us with more depth at DT with Mebane.
    Last edited by broncs2bowl; 04-16-2007, 07:28 AM.

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
    2) Devin Thomas
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

Originally posted by broncs2bowl
    Fee Agent Aquisitions: Either Ed Hartwell or Lavaar Arrington to play SLB.

Draft:

1st Round #21: Jarvis Moss DE- great speed and pass rushing ability....has a very good frame at 6'7 and is 250 lbs. He should put on some weight by the time we get to August and hopefully starts the season at 258-260 pounds. He is just what we need at DE to rush the QB.

2nd round #56: **Pick #56 traded for Kris Jenkins DT Carolina Panthers** The Panthers have supposedly balked at the idea of giving up Jenkins for a 3rd...therefore with a big necessity for a dominant DT we cough up our 2nd. He should he GREAT for us and will clog the middle and running lanes, penetrate the pocket, and free up blockers for Dumerville and Moss and other DEs.

3rd Round Pick number 70: Antwan Barnes OLB- At two hundred and forty pounds has good size to play SAM in the future or possibly right now. With Arrington's injury issues he could be a good insurance and Ed Hartwell has not been very healthy either in case we pick up Ed instead of Lavaar. He should be a good backup and eventual SAM starter.

3rd Round Pick Number 86: Sabby Piscitelli SS- He is a safety that could maybe even start this year or start in case Lynch or Ferguson get injured. He would be a good eventual starter and I beleive he is a good special teamer as it is right now.
    **Other Option: Brandon Mebane DT- He is a big body that would clog up the middle and start once Warren or Jenkins leaves. He also provides great depth incase Jenkins or Warren goes down...so we dont have to start Veal. Also...Lynch has stated Hamza Abdullah will be a star so therefore we could pass on taking a Safety here and provide us with more depth at DT with Mebane.
    Well, first off...every source I have seen has Moss at 6'5", not 6'7"....secondly, the concensus seems to have Moss going as high as #15 to Pittsburgh, and not lasting past #19 to Tenessee, so the liklihood he will be available at #21 seems to be diminishing. However, should Moss end up our selection, I would be happy with that...at least the Broncos would have addressed their No. 1 need in some meaningful way, although I still prefer Purdue's Anthony Spencer. I just really think that kid is going to be a great pass rush threat off the edge.

As far as the No. 2 goes for Kris Jenkins, I have mixed feelings. Jenkins has been extremely injury prone over his last few years, and spending a valuable second rounder and having the priveledge of paying him a huge contract doesn't seem to be the greatest idea, IMO, yet if he returns to his former dominant form, who could argue? The Broncos had just better know what they are doing if they make the move.

As far as Safety is concerned, I have become a huge Josh Gattis fan (Wake Forest)....he was the emotional leader of a very good Defense at Wake, and then followed that up with a very solid athletic showing at the Combine...I also believe he will be on the radar as the Broncos have had administrative guys that were tied to Wake Forest in the past. I prefer him to any other mid-round type S prospect.

I still like Brandon Meriweather better than any other Safety in this Draft....to me, he is Ed Reed, Jr. I also think his so-called 'character' issues are vastly over-rated.
    #21 would have to be the selection we use to get him, because he won't get out of the first round, and I would not be suprised to see him land in San Diego.
    Last edited by MindField; 04-16-2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

You're right, stomping on players when they're on a ground during a brawl and returning fire with a weapon during a brawl aren't anything to worry about. Apparently, his interviews have been less than convincing. Good player, yes. Very impressive during workouts and at Mobile, but he's acted like trash. I don't know if he's worth the gamble, but the Broncos never saw a injury or character concern on a player they didn't like.

Comment

Big Picture

Yes, In my mind we need help at DT, Saftey but we have a young QB of the future. Last spring we were not planning on a serious injury to Lepsis, and general state of the O-line. We need to keep Cutler on his feet, and give Henry a chance to keep the O balanced.
        Without a decent O we have no chance to turn our D into the kind to compensate for a weak O. Not in one year anyway with all the losses we have suffered this year.
        If we can have a dynamic O and force the bad guys to play catch up. Our D should be able to hang in there. Cont. to draft and plan for the O this year, and really concentrate on the D next year. Without Cuttler we will be drafting in the top 10 next year.

Comment

i like jarvis moss in the first, but i don't think jenkins at this point in his carreer with all his injuries is worth a 2nd round pick, i think he is barely worth a late third at this point

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

Working...
          X