Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Russell is drafted by the Faiders... heres why:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...fl-draft/5082/

Booya.... told u so long ago.... Stupid Russell shoulda stayed in school a year...
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

russel is over rated and quinn will prove everyone wrong.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo
      http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...fl-draft/5082/

Booya.... told u so long ago.... Stupid Russell shoulda stayed in school a year...
      I dont know how good russell is or will be but if you are gonna be picked 1st or in the top 5, it's hard to say that person is stupid for coming out.

Comment

A QB's success depends a lot on who drafts him; David Carr, for example. If the Raiders draft Russell with their worthless O-line, then I feel bad for Russell.
        Originally posted by Soldier96B
        i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          I dont know how good russell is or will be but if you are gonna be picked 1st or in the top 5, it's hard to say that person is stupid for coming out.
          Exactly, he's pretty much guranteed over 50 million in his contract if he goes in the top 5. I think he should have stayed another year, but with that kind of money being almost guranteed. I'd take my chances in the NFL.

Comment

Russell would be a good pick for them, the best pick actually.

Comment

I've always been of the opinion that Russell is going to be a monumental bust.

I'm so incredibly glad we grabbed Jay last year. This year=grim.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Over the past ten years, collegiate games started has been the single greatest predictor of NFL success for early first-round quarterbacks. Since 1997 seven quarterbacks who started fewer than 30 games in college have been drafted in the top ten: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Michael Vick, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Alex Smith.

Here is the complete list of players drafted in first two rounds over the past ten years who started at least 35 games and completed at least 57 percent of their passes: Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Jason Campbell, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.

Are there any bad players on that list? The worst according to my numbers is Eli Manning, and he’s been decent (maybe not up to expectations, but decent). I would be happy to spend a top ten pick on most of those players.
                let's hope that this holds true, and that it's a good early indicator for the kind of QB Jay will be.

Comment

If Russell goes to a team with a good line, some talent on offense around him, a coaching staff that brings him along slowly and doesn't ask too much...he could very well be a good NFL QB.

Which means he has no shot in hell if the Raiders draft him.
                  "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                    If Russell goes to a team with a good line, some talent on offense around him, a coaching staff that brings him along slowly and doesn't ask too much...he could very well be a good NFL QB.

Which means he has no shot in hell if the Raiders draft him.
                    I don't know, the Raiders offense looks scary if Randy Moss is willing to play. With them also playing the zone blocking and actually having a LT who'll probably play better in. Raiders scare me more than the Chiefs. If they get Russell, he'll probably put up some good numbers because of their recivers and their running backs. But the Broncos will still own them this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                      A QB's success depends a lot on who drafts him; David Carr, for example. If the Raiders draft Russell with their worthless O-line, then I feel bad for Russell.

Did yu read the article...?

It mentions Carr not starting many games... that has just as much to do with it as being in Houston
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
                        I don't know, the Raiders offense looks scary if Randy Moss is willing to play. With them also playing the zone blocking and actually having a LT who'll probably play better in. Raiders scare me more than the Chiefs. If they get Russell, he'll probably put up some good numbers because of their recivers and their running backs. But the Broncos will still own them this season.

Too bad they have no line.... I have yet to see them actually IMPROVE their line... its easy to talk a good game right now but I honestly think we got the division this year. Every one of our rivals either stood pat or declined.
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1986
                          Russell would be a good pick for them, the best pick actually.

You mean he would be a good pick for them for our sakes right?
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                            russel is over rated and quinn will prove everyone wrong.
                            Actually BOTH are overrated and Stanton will prove everyone wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
                              I've always been of the opinion that Russell is going to be a monumental bust.

I'm so incredibly glad we grabbed Jay last year. This year=grim.
                              I feel the same way.

I honestly couldn't be happier we have Jay right now, I'd take him over anyone in this class in a heart beat.

I actually prefer Brady Quinn in this class, however I still wouldn't take him over Cutler, Leinart or even Young.

This year isn't a very sharp year for the QB's..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X