• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leinart < Quinn < Cutler < Young < Russell

JMO!

Comment

So let me see.

Russell has the physical tools and skills to make the big play. In fact, his skills are so much that at times they eliminate his biggest flaws, awareness of the situation and decision making under pressure.

Or his flaws are so big that in the end, his skills can't catch up.

Or his skills are so big that his flaws are only seen as flaws and not detriments.

I don't want Russell, but I won't mind him. Why? Let's pull out ALL the critics who thought that Vince Young's game won't translate into the NFL. You remember, that Wonderlick thing. What he get, a 6? And they spotted him 5? Whut wuz that 'lick score?

Russell can be a bust. But he can also be a phenom if he, his teammates and his coaches work together to eliminate his flaws or at worse, limit them to where they are an afterthought because his playmaking skills are too neato.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
        So let me see.

Russell has the physical tools and skills to make the big play. In fact, his skills are so much that at times they eliminate his biggest flaws, awareness of the situation and decision making under pressure.

Or his skills are so big that his flaws are only seen as flaws and not detriments.

I don't want Russell, but I won't mind him. Why? Let's pull out ALL the critics who thought that Vince Young's game won't translate into the NFL. You remember, that Wonderlick thing. What he get, a 6? And they spotted him 5? Whut wuz that 'lick score?

Russell can be a bust. But he can also be a phenom if he, his teammates and his coaches work together to eliminate his flaws or at worse, limit them to where they are an afterthought because his playmaking skills are too neato.

couldnt you make an argument for that with most players that if they have their bigger flaws hidden they will shine?

if you read that report, and have listened to other things I have said myself: it is studied and shown taht no qb has really gone on to liveup to first round typa hype when they havent even started 30 games. And the Young thing: Young will most likely never be a great passing threat, he will be at best decent, but cuz he can run so well he will still be a very good player... Russ will live and die by his passing awareness and ability.....
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
          So let me see.

I don't want Russell, but I won't mind him. Why? Let's pull out ALL the critics who thought that Vince Young's game won't translate into the NFL. You remember, that Wonderlic thing. What he get, a 6? And they spotted him 5? Whut wuz that 'lick score?

No DS that not what the article was getting at. What the writer was pointing out is that what he could get away with college level because of his physical gifts he wont get away with at pro level. The article also pointed out that when he's confused he just puts the ball up for grabs I think you know well as anyone that wont fly in the NFL.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
          X