Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tory James Signed With Pats Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tory James Signed With Pats Today

    New England continued stockpiling Pro Bowl talent, reaching agreement with free-agent cornerback Tory James on a one-year deal worth about $1.3 million dollars -- with a chance to earn another $1.4 million in incentives.

    James opted for New England primarily due to the Patriots' winning tradition and his rapport with head coach Bill Belichick, who will know just how to use the cornerback who has intercepted at least four passes in each of the past six seasons.

    Right now, New England does not plan to start James. But he provides valuable insurance with the unsettled contract situation of Asante Samuel, whom the Patriots franchised earlier this offseason.

    James becomes the latest big-name addition in New England, joining linebacker Adalius Thomas, tight end Kyle Brady, running back Sammy Morris, and wide receivers Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington.

    Friday, April 13 (NFL.COM) ADAM Schefter

  • #2
    4 Int in each of his past 6 seasons......Wooooohooooo!

    4 int....that's like a bad day on the field for Champ.

    I certainly hope they aren't looking to Holt to take Samuels place if Samuels holds out.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Giveemlove
      4 Int in each of his past 6 seasons......Wooooohooooo!

      4 int....that's like a bad day on the field for Champ.

      I certainly hope they aren't looking to Holt to take Samuels place if Samuels holds out.
      my bet is james/hobbs/draft pick competing for the starting cb jobs if samuel holds out/ is traded

      the way belichik gets diamond production from some of the coal he's had in his secondary over his sb years, i wouldn't be surprised if they just trade him instead of paying him.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, the Bengals have done nothing but lose players this offseason...they better have a spectacular draft on the defensive side to be good this year...
        sigpicthanks Freyaka

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Broncos724
          Wow, the Bengals have done nothing but lose players this offseason...they better have a spectacular draft on the defensive side to be good this year...
          they have joseph at cb who looks pretty good , and from what i've heard, they'll be using their first pick on a cb, they may even be shopping justin smith

          i don't know the status of odell thurman, but he had a damn good rookie year and if they get him back and contributing that's a plus

          no idea what's up with pollack , the guy who broke his neck, but i heard he was still attempting his comeback as well

          crime and injuries has really screwed up that team lately
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jcdavey
            they have joseph at cb who looks pretty good , and from what i've heard, they'll be using their first pick on a cb, they may even be shopping justin smith

            i don't know the status of odell thurman, but he had a damn good rookie year and if they get him back and contributing that's a plus

            no idea what's up with pollack , the guy who broke his neck, but i heard he was still attempting his comeback as well

            crime and injuries has really screwed up that team lately
            The Bengals seem to be focusing on the secondary, but they need Dline probably as much as we do...unless they can come up with some talent on defense that can help immediately, they may be in for another mediocre year. The Thurman situation hasn't been resolved yet, and Pollack won't be able to play again in all likelihood...that really is a sad story.

            You've also got Chris Henry suspended for 8 games, which is definitely going to hurt. They've also lost Eric Steinbach, and Willie Anderson is a year older...I dunno, unless they have a spectacular draft it may not be a good year for them.
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fraguela09
              New England continued stockpiling Pro Bowl talent, reaching agreement with free-agent cornerback Tory James on a one-year deal worth about $1.3 million dollars -- with a chance to earn another $1.4 million in incentives.

              James opted for New England primarily due to the Patriots' winning tradition and his rapport with head coach Bill Belichick, who will know just how to use the cornerback who has intercepted at least four passes in each of the past six seasons.

              Right now, New England does not plan to start James. But he provides valuable insurance with the unsettled contract situation of Asante Samuel, whom the Patriots franchised earlier this offseason.

              James becomes the latest big-name addition in New England, joining linebacker Adalius Thomas, tight end Kyle Brady, running back Sammy Morris, and wide receivers Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington.

              Friday, April 13 (NFL.COM) ADAM Schefter

              Pats reaching for Broncos, Raiders, Bengals Trash. James will bring his 7 flat in the 40 with him.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                He'll be injured and on IR by week 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jcdavey
                  they have joseph at cb who looks pretty good , and from what i've heard, they'll be using their first pick on a cb, they may even be shopping justin smith

                  i don't know the status of odell thurman, but he had a damn good rookie year and if they get him back and contributing that's a plus

                  no idea what's up with pollack , the guy who broke his neck, but i heard he was still attempting his comeback as well

                  crime and injuries has really screwed up that team lately
                  I love that we have dropped James. I would rather have a rock in coverage than him. We are not going to be shopping Smith more than likely, though I am not too sure I would mind.

                  Thurman is still only a question mark at this point. Brooks, however, looks like he will be a much better LB than Thurman and now that he will have the time to learn the system and get some experience in the NFL he should be able to handle it much better than he did last season.

                  Pollack, is trying to come back, but as of right now he has still yet to be told he can come back 100% injury free. If this is not the case and he is only like 95% clear, then he will not come back... unfortunately.

                  And your last sentence would be right on target.




                  Sig by Sky.:salute:

                  All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giveemlove
                    4 Int in each of his past 6 seasons......Wooooohooooo!

                    4 int....that's like a bad day on the field for Champ.

                    I certainly hope they aren't looking to Holt to take Samuels place if Samuels holds out.


                    HAHAHA!


                    :thumb:
                    sbutk
                    #1 Underrated poster
                    Last edited by sbutk; 04-19-2007, 08:23 AM.
                    sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                    sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                    Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                    Comment


                    • #11



                      Wait, Tory James signed with the Pats?

                      .......



                      RIP D-Will and Nash

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X