Clear All

• evendelae
    replied

Wait, Tory James signed with the Pats?

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove
    4 Int in each of his past 6 seasons......Wooooohooooo!

4 int....that's like a bad day on the field for Champ.

I certainly hope they aren't looking to Holt to take Samuels place if Samuels holds out.

HAHAHA!

:thumb:
    Last edited by sbutk; 04-19-2007, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bengaaaaals1688
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey
    they have joseph at cb who looks pretty good , and from what i've heard, they'll be using their first pick on a cb, they may even be shopping justin smith

i don't know the status of odell thurman, but he had a damn good rookie year and if they get him back and contributing that's a plus

no idea what's up with pollack , the guy who broke his neck, but i heard he was still attempting his comeback as well

crime and injuries has really screwed up that team lately
    I love that we have dropped James. I would rather have a rock in coverage than him. We are not going to be shopping Smith more than likely, though I am not too sure I would mind.

Thurman is still only a question mark at this point. Brooks, however, looks like he will be a much better LB than Thurman and now that he will have the time to learn the system and get some experience in the NFL he should be able to handle it much better than he did last season.

Pollack, is trying to come back, but as of right now he has still yet to be told he can come back 100% injury free. If this is not the case and he is only like 95% clear, then he will not come back... unfortunately.

And your last sentence would be right on target.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    He'll be injured and on IR by week 3.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09
    New England continued stockpiling Pro Bowl talent, reaching agreement with free-agent cornerback Tory James on a one-year deal worth about $1.3 million dollars -- with a chance to earn another $1.4 million in incentives.

James opted for New England primarily due to the Patriots' winning tradition and his rapport with head coach Bill Belichick, who will know just how to use the cornerback who has intercepted at least four passes in each of the past six seasons.

Right now, New England does not plan to start James. But he provides valuable insurance with the unsettled contract situation of Asante Samuel, whom the Patriots franchised earlier this offseason.

James becomes the latest big-name addition in New England, joining linebacker Adalius Thomas, tight end Kyle Brady, running back Sammy Morris, and wide receivers Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington.

Friday, April 13 (NFL.COM) ADAM Schefter

Pats reaching for Broncos, Raiders, Bengals Trash. James will bring his 7 flat in the 40 with him.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos724
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey
    they have joseph at cb who looks pretty good , and from what i've heard, they'll be using their first pick on a cb, they may even be shopping justin smith

i don't know the status of odell thurman, but he had a damn good rookie year and if they get him back and contributing that's a plus

no idea what's up with pollack , the guy who broke his neck, but i heard he was still attempting his comeback as well

The Bengals seem to be focusing on the secondary, but they need Dline probably as much as we do...unless they can come up with some talent on defense that can help immediately, they may be in for another mediocre year. The Thurman situation hasn't been resolved yet, and Pollack won't be able to play again in all likelihood...that really is a sad story.

You've also got Chris Henry suspended for 8 games, which is definitely going to hurt. They've also lost Eric Steinbach, and Willie Anderson is a year older...I dunno, unless they have a spectacular draft it may not be a good year for them.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos724
    Wow, the Bengals have done nothing but lose players this offseason...they better have a spectacular draft on the defensive side to be good this year...

Leave a comment:

• Broncos724
    replied
    Wow, the Bengals have done nothing but lose players this offseason...they better have a spectacular draft on the defensive side to be good this year...

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove

I certainly hope they aren't looking to Holt to take Samuels place if Samuels holds out.
    my bet is james/hobbs/draft pick competing for the starting cb jobs if samuel holds out/ is traded

the way belichik gets diamond production from some of the coal he's had in his secondary over his sb years, i wouldn't be surprised if they just trade him instead of paying him.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    started a topic Tory James Signed With Pats Today

Tory James Signed With Pats Today

New England continued stockpiling Pro Bowl talent, reaching agreement with free-agent cornerback Tory James on a one-year deal worth about $1.3 million dollars -- with a chance to earn another $1.4 million in incentives.

James opted for New England primarily due to the Patriots' winning tradition and his rapport with head coach Bill Belichick, who will know just how to use the cornerback who has intercepted at least four passes in each of the past six seasons.

Right now, New England does not plan to start James. But he provides valuable insurance with the unsettled contract situation of Asante Samuel, whom the Patriots franchised earlier this offseason.

James becomes the latest big-name addition in New England, joining linebacker Adalius Thomas, tight end Kyle Brady, running back Sammy Morris, and wide receivers Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington.

Friday, April 13 (NFL.COM) ADAM Schefter
Working...
X