Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got Todd / Might be getting a new punter (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got Todd / Might be getting a new punter (Merged)

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.as...182007ywq348wr

Special master Stephen Burbank ruled in favor of the NFL Players Association and punter Todd Sauerbrun in a Tuesday hearing regarding Sauerbrun's free-agent status.

The NFL Players Association was arguing that the Patriots' rights of first refusal should be void.

"Mr. Sauerbrun is now an unrestricted free agent," said Jeffrey Kessler, who was serving as outside counsel for the NFL Players Association.
    sigpic

Dang, you beat me to it jc. Good job! Bring on the pro-bowl punter!

Comment

Come home Todd!

:clap: :dance:

Yeah, he's a punter, but he forces fumbles!

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

WOW!!!!

This will make a lot of Broncos fans VERY happy!!!!

Our special teams was a hurtin' unit last year and getting Sauerbrun back will help by leaps and bounds!!!!

Nice find jc
        I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

I think the fact that Todd really wants to play here is why I'm really excited about him possibly coming back. I hope it all works out and he does end up here. Maybe he likes to punt at altitude to pad his numbers?

Comment

You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I owe you one jc
            I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Awsome, this will help us on punts, kickoffs, and forced fumbles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
                Awsome, this will help us on punts, kickoffs, and forced fumbles
                Punts and fumbles. Sauerbrun is only okay at kickoffs.

Comment

That's good news, i hope shanny would consider extending his contract to a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
                    Punts and fumbles. Sauerbrun is only okay at kickoffs.
                    Yeah, Sauerbrun is terrible at line drives. I guess we have Ernster ans Elam for a reason...

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                      That's good news, i hope shanny would consider extending his contract to a year or two.

oh he will get a 5 yr one..dont let him get away this time..I know he was released

Comment

Irony.

listen, this could be as big of a signing come playoof hunt or playoff time as any signing we have done this off season...

i've said it before in the other todd thread. mark my words.

i can hear it now:
                        All Michaels" And the ball goes out at the 3 leaving the Patriots in terrible field position with under a minute left and one times out! it's going to be tough moving the ball in the air against denvers bailey and bly as brady has been incossistant all day. and the irony is, todd was almost a patriot this year until it was over turned and now he has put the pats in a position of facing elemination here in mile high!"

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam
                          listen, this could be as big of a signing come playoof hunt or playoff time as any signing we have done this off season...

i've said it before in the other todd thread. mark my words.

i can hear it now:
                          All Michaels" And the ball goes out at the 3 leaving the Patriots in terrible field position with under a minute left and one times out! it's going to be tough moving the ball in the air against denvers bailey and bly as brady has been incossistant all day. and the irony is, todd was almost a patriot this year until it was over turned and now he has put the pats in a position of facing elemination here in mile high!"

i miss that voice, al michaels the greatest ever!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos9697
                            oh he will get a 5 yr one..dont let him get away this time..I know he was released

will this cause ernster to be released? i hope so b/c we wouldnt need him.
                            sigpic

Comment

What's even better about this news is that Todd knows Mike isn't going to put up with any BS. He wants to be here, and now he knows what it is going to take to stay here. :dance:
                              Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
                              X